Caixinha: I'm glad Brown is free to play

Virtuoso

Pedro Caixinha, the Rangers manager, claimed he was pleased Scott Brown can play in Sunday's Old Firm game because he would rather beat Celtic when they are at full strength.Brown faced being suspended after his straight red card against Ross County last weekend but the captain is free to play in the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final after Celtic lodged an appeal for wrongful dismissal. The hearing will not be held until next week.

Despite the obvious point that Celtic would be weaker without Brown, which would be to Rangers' advantage, Caixinha shrugged that off and said he was pleased the 31-year-old could play.

'We are glad that Scott Brown can play,' said Caixinha. 'It is going to be a very interesting match and we want our opponents' squad to be full, to have the older players.'When it was put to him that Rangers surely would benefit if Brown was absent, he said: 'I don't know. I'm not talking about possibilities, I'm talking about reality. The reality is Brown is going to play and that means they are going with their best players and best squad. I am glad to face them under those conditions to test ourselves.'

In the same circumstances Caixinha would have submitted an appeal if the suspended player was his. 'When someone comes and breaks the rules you have other rules to test those rules. We all do it. If I over speed [when driving] and I cannot afford to receive the ticket I will do something to avoid receiving it. Why not? It's the human side. The laws are such that the lawyers know how to test them. That's not a criticism. Of course if we were in the same situation we would do the same thing, clearly.'

Lee Wallace and Rob Kiernan are still out for Rangers but Clint Hill has a chance of returning to central defence at the expense of 20-year-old David Bates. 'Tomorrow we will see if he can be with us or not,' said Caixinha. 'I am going to talk to him to see how things are going and it's a possibility. To have him in [good physical] condition would make it an option.'

Asked if it would be a gamble to include the 38'"year-old after he had missed the last three games because of a hamstring injury, he said: 'That's my decision.' Winger Michael O'Halloran has also returned to the squad after being disciplined for failing to turn up for an under-20 fixture.

Caixinha said he was deliberating over only one position in his team to start at Hampden Park on Sunday and joked that he would happily name his team more than a day earlier '" as he had done before facing Kilmarnock '" if Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers agreed to do so at exactly the same time. 'If you have Brendan's mobile number you can call him and at the same time we could read out our teams. If he agrees we will place the names on the table at the same time!'

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/caixinha-im-glad-brown-is-free-to-play-r59rqt37h

I'd argue that the bheasts are probably better off without the eater of lego who puts me in mind of Peter Griffin in a bheasts top.

Or at least they would be if Scottish referees had the fucking balls to send the dirty bastard off as often as he should be.

Rangers 18/1 in Ladbrokes for a 2-1 win, my moneys down.

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Someone needs to clatter Brown early on. Get him wound up.

Off he goes.

This, take turns having a pop at him starting with Holt as he is smaller. Should avoid early yellows then Legos head will start to explode ( the same way Ian Ferguson and Stuart McCall used to).

17 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

I'd argue that the bheasts are probably better off without the eater of lego

I'd agree as I think he's a liability when not on the ball. Even on the ball if challenged, he is way short of threatening.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

'We are glad that Scott Brown can play,' said Caixinha

Was maybe just my suspicious mind but it looked to me like the writer was trying to say that Pedro is implying that Broonaldo is shite and was sarcastically saying he's glad he's playing.

I'm glad the cunts playing, nothin better than seeing his deformed coupon greeting at the final whistle after we beat the tarriers, it was the same with popcorn teeth, remember a game against the cunts at ibrox I think we beat them 2-1?, Lennon couldn't take it and went for the Ref....would love to see brooooonaldo losing it on Sunday!! 

INTAE THESE CUNTS ON SUNDAY!!!

3 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Someone needs to clatter Brown early on. Get him wound up.

Off he goes.

Wee Holt hassled fuck out of him the last game. Took a while right enough but Brown ended up getting fucked off big time and had a kick at a few people within a 5 minute period.