deco19761

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

possibly! I rarely watch or read their content.

let's ask an impartial expert...

Google Search:

search: BBC Rangers fan arrested
About 1,230,000 results 

search BBC celtic fan arrested
About 368,000 results

search: BBC Rangers fan jailed
About 1,150,000 results

search: BBC celtic fan jailed
About 179,000 results

(my explanation for this (part of it at least!) is that when the bbc report negative stories on c*lt*c fans, they are just "football fans" often wearing "green shirts", whereas negative stories on Rangers fans always have RANGERS big and bold.)

Now that's not scientific, but I'm sure you could come up with a few searches yourself to test my theory. :tu:

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Google Search:

About 1,230,000 results 

About 368,000 results

About 1,150,000 results

About 179,000 results

(my explanation for this is that when the bbc report negative stories on c*lt*c fans, they are just "football fans" often wearing "green shirts", whereas negative stories on Rangers fans always have RANGERS big and bold.)

Now that's not scientific, but I'm sure you could come up with a few searches yourself to test my theory. :tu:

Aren't they still boycotting us? :lol: 

Mind that time they stitched up McCoist during an interview

I don't understand why some on this thread think this isn't disrespectful. A young ex footballer dies today and they post "stats" from a computer game, they either didn't think or were intentionally being very distasteful, for whatever reason the BBC will know. The BBC are also funded by us but to be honest, it's not unexpected.

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Google Search:

About 1,230,000 results 

About 368,000 results

About 1,150,000 results

About 179,000 results

(my explanation for this is that when the bbc report negative stories on c*lt*c fans, they are just "football fans" often wearing "green shirts", whereas negative stories on Rangers fans always have RANGERS big and bold.)

I'm not gonna lie, thinking the reason they posted that is because he played for Rangers for 6 months sounds like paranoia to me.

I find it a bit weird that STV News (Edinburgh) failed to mention an ex-SPL player died today, they had plenty of chance to slot it in considering they spoke about Rangers for a good minute or two.

5 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

I'm not gonna lie, thinking the reason they posted that is because he played for Rangers for 6 months sounds like paranoia to me.

I'm not saying that's the reason here.  I'm meaning that it isn't surprising to see the bbc having a dig at him, because the way they treat Rangers specifically shows how they operate universally.

34 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

possibly! I rarely watch or read their content.

They are the epitome of all that is vile in the media .... the branch that operates up here most certainly are ... and hide behind the mask of neutrality they forever let slip.

They are past masters of printing offensive content, then when called out .... print an apology of an apology ... with no real intention of it being an apology .... arse wipes to a man. 

This latest episode may not be as bad or as offensive as some they have released to print .... but it is in extreme bad taste and is certainly extremely offensive to his family and friends .... and I include the majority of the Rangers support who see him as a hero for us ... and therefore one of us ... so I would not be so quick to round on those amongst us who feel pissed off with what has happened in this instance mate ... we all see and feel things differently after all.

:UK:

I don't understand what the person tweeting that thought they were doing. The guy has just died so they should have shown some respect.

The BBC used to be a well respected neutral organisation now it has become a bit of a disgrace. Too many lefties and IRA sympathisers for my liking.

Some real mentalists defending the BBC. Could they not simply have mentioned his footballing career and sympathy, or say nothing at all. Balance your comments please because as a news agency they could be coming in with some other important current news items and making headlines with those. 

Cheap shot.

16 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Some real mentalists defending the BBC. Could they not simply have mentioned his footballing career and sympathy, or say nothing at all. Balance your comments please because as a news agency they could be coming in with some other important current news items and making headlines with those. 

Cheap shot.

I'm not defending the BBC, I'm simply stating that I don't see it as this outrageous act of disrespect towards Ugo, I think you are all being extremely sensitive, taking offence to something that is just not particularly offensive.

"balance your comments please"

:lol: 

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

I'm not defending the BBC, I'm simply stating that I don't see it as this outrageous act of disrespect towards Ugo, I think you are all being extremely sensitive, taking offence to something that is just not particularly offensive.

"balance your comments please"

:lol: 

Mate I don't find it (reporting on some gaming product) offensive in any way but would expect more from our flagship news provider. Just a simple and sympathetic report on a young man dying would have sufficed. Maybe if you had added "by the way the BBC sucks cocks in hell" it would balance. By the way nothing was directed at any individual per se. I simply have a bone to pick with the media and lack of what a journalist could be doing with their spare time.

3 hours ago, lidorfc said:

I agree with that. It is the British Broadcasting Corporation after all and it was likely posted by an English journo (hence why there was no mention of his time in Scotland) - But that's not the reason the guy who posted the tweet is a moronic / disrespectful wanker.

This is:

1 hour ago, marstonbear said:

Ugo played top level football for 15 or so years. On the day he dies the Beeb mention his stats on a computer game.

Some people are saying that isn't offensive?

Get real FFS.

13 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

It's lazy journalism but why is everything  a bit daft labelled disrespectful?

Eh cos the guy died. Let's look at a.situation.  your mate dies.  Someone on Facebook or some other pish social media craze says ah he was never a decent dad, ah he was a dick etc.  You would be sayinf and everyone you know would be saying it's  Shocking m totally disrespectful as my mates just died and if people didn't have anything decent roc say about him then say nothing at all 

Yes?

Stupidity generally does.not necessarily go hand in hand with disrespectfulNess mm but on this occasion it does 

I don't think it was disrespectful as such - it was something trying to pay tribute in a humorous and nostalgic fashion, as Ugo was a legend in the old CM games. It's not really something that works over twitter due to character limits though, and not everyone can pull that sort of thing off. (And if you're going to try that right after he dies, you should at least be pointing out that he had a sterling career and won cup finals with Villa and Boro, played for his country and scored that goal.) It's a misjudged attempt at being funny whilst trying to pay tribute to him.

1 hour ago, deco19761 said:

Eh cos the guy died. Let's look at a.situation.  your mate dies.  Someone on Facebook or some other pish social media craze says ah he was never a decent dad, ah he was a dick etc.  You would be sayinf and everyone you know would be saying it's  Shocking m totally disrespectful as my mates just died and if people didn't have anything decent roc say about him then say nothing at all 

Yes?

Stupidity generally does.not necessarily go hand in hand with disrespectfulNess mm but on this occasion it does 

Pretty terrible analogy, it's nothing like what the BBC posted. 

I'd be outraged if I knew what I was being outraged about.

Maybe the BBC shouldn't let arseholes tweet on their behalf, it makes them look disrespectful, and amateurish, at best. I'm feeling a tad disappointed, in the BBC, but not outraged.

If I feel outraged later on, I'll let you know.