El Classico

G.E.C.

30 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

There has been a lot of talk recently about Ronaldo and how he has adapted his game to become perhaps the world's most clinical number 9. There's no doubt his game has developed over the years and imo he's much more of a penalty box player than ever so many of his goals are 1 touch finishes. But in all honesty their isn't another player in the history of football I'd want that last minute chance to fall to ahead of Messi.

The wee man is just incredible. 

We're lucky to live in this era of Messi and Ronaldo. I think Messi is the best ever and you're spot on, last minute, home of your greatest rival, title race dependant on a win - he's the one you want that chance going to.

It was a fabulous game of football and helped me love the game a bit again after today.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lionel Messi is the greatest and I feel blessed to have been able to watch this guy's entire career

I don't think there was another player on the pitch who could have scored the first the way he did - the touch the balance at the speed he was running at. The second was just great timing of the run and a clinical finish. 

Also Sergi Roberto has been honkin defensively and gets it in the neck from a lot of people when he's a CM playing at RB, but his run in the 92nd minute of the game to start off that attack was different class

27 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Lionel Messi is the greatest and I feel blessed to have been able to watch this guy's entire career

I don't think there was another player on the pitch who could have scored the first the way he did - the touch the balance at the speed he was running at. The second was just great timing of the run and a clinical finish. 

Also Sergi Roberto has been honkin defensively and gets it in the neck from a lot of people when he's a CM playing at RB, but his run in the 92nd minute of the game to start off that attack was different class

It was superb but Madrid were toothless all night It game would have been out of sight .The switch off for the last minute was just shameful because they know what he can do 

Whether you like Barca or not. Whether you like Messi or not. You've got to admit that he has been and continues to be simply wonderful to watch. 

I don't think anyone is near his level and we'll be lucky if anyone else ever is.

IMG_2742.JPG

I don't think Messi has no ego. Ronaldo seems like a nicer bloke, if totally narcissistic and tragic, he's just not as good at football. Virtually every player who is or once was considered a contender for the greatest player was a master creator. Ronaldo is a very good passer when he feel like doing it and he gets more than his fair share of assists, but he's simply not an all-time great playmaker in the sense of unlocking defences with creative passes. He might be if he was interested in it, but he's not.

Messi is as good a goalscorer as Ronaldo is, while being by far the best creative forward on earth. And I mean by a scandalous, almost unbelievable margin. There are statistical outliers and then there is this...

morris-feature-messi-82.thumb.png.f548ce3271513bc45cc1094408b8c46b.png

Messi is clearly in a world of his own, Ronaldo doesn't come close to him in terms of overall ability

But I admire Ronaldo as you can see how hard he's worked to get where he is, he's a ferocious athlete, who's made himself one of the best in the world without being gifted much natural, technical ability. 

To Messi, he's got everything, he could be overweight and 45 year old and could still play better through balls than Ronaldo, would still have better ball control and would still be the more intelligent player out of the two

Where did this narrative that Ronaldo doesn't have much natural talent come from? I don't remember anyone saying that about him until he started playing like a robot. In fact, in the early days he was criticised for having lots of talent but not enough end product.