Waghorn

BillyG93

20 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Google his stats all you like but in the last match we played them he had a good game. It's hard to score from your own half, which is where he appeared to be playing most of the first half.

Eh? He also missed two/three clear chances in the last game against them as well. One he was clear through and hit it straight at the Keeper and the other was the ball in from wide on the volley that low and behold he hit straight at the keeper. Shockingly bad in front of goal

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, rangersmad86 said:

Eh? He also missed two/three clear chances in the game as well. One he was clear through and hit it straight at the Keeper and the other was the ball in from wide on the volley that low and behold he hit straight at the keeper. Shockingly bad in front of goal

That was him at his best today? Waghorn is a far better player than that today. I disagree about that last match, I think he played well, and we played better in that match than we did today.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

That was him at his best today? Waghorn is a far better player than that today. I disagree about that last match, I think he played well, and we played better in that match than we did today.

The chances that I've just quoted in my previous post, if he had of finished them we would have won that game not just drawn it. The fundamental point is he is nowhere near clinical enough for Rangers Football Club. 

43 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Between your posts on McKay yesterday and then these posts today regarding Waghorn I'm really beginning to wonder what games you've been watching. 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Between your posts on McKay yesterday and then these posts today regarding Waghorn I'm really beginning to wonder what games you've been watching. 

Was Waghorn at his best today; did he play better against them in the last match than he did today?

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Was Waghorn at his best today; did he play better against them in the last match than he did today?

Whether he played better in the last match against them than he did today is totally irrelevant.

What matters is that he had more than one opportunity to score in each of those games yet his record still reads that he has zero goals against them. His finishing for a so called striker is beyond dreadful.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Whether he played better in the last match against them than he did today is totally irrelevant.

What matters is that he had more than one opportunity to score in each of those games yet his record still reads that he has zero goals against them. His finishing for a so called striker is beyond dreadful.

You were commenting not on Waghorn, but on my post, and you only answered part of it. Apart from a record that states he has had 23 goals in 44 games, was he capable of better than he gave today?

Finished with him, today was the last straw for me. Abysmal record for a striker and the two chances today were huge. He has a habit of not hitting the target and for a striker, that's unforgivable. Would not lose any sleep at all if he never pulls in a Rangers shirt again. 

1 hour ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Still can't believe he had a shooting session thingy before the start of the season, it's done him more harm than good. 

Rifle range at the fair, and you know how those Gypos alter the sights. Poor guy was done.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not really. No.

You already admitted that he played better in the last match he played against them and then you said he isn't capable of better. A striker who can score goals, and he has scored some good goals would be capable of much better than he did today. I won't watch that match again, if I can help it, but I'm fairly confident he could have taken that chance he took with his head with his feet instead; he could have scored right there; it would have sat up well for him to take with his left. 

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You already admitted that he played better in the last match he played against them and then you said he isn't capable of better. A striker who can score goals, and he has scored some good goals would be capable of much better than he did today. I won't watch that match again, if I can help it, but I'm fairly confident he could have taken that chance he took with his head with his feet instead; he could have scored right there; it would have sat up well for him to take with his left. 

I never admitted he played better in that game. I said it's irrelevant whether he did or not.

He scores penalties or he scores against the shite teams in the league. In big games he has repeatedly failed us and I'm amazed that you can't see that.