Mr King are you hurting yet

Nalla1959

Ashley is not the answer and I would not have him near the club. Ask the Newcastle fans what they think of him. Unfortunately the present board do not appear to have the money to invest that will enable us to challenge for the league. Unfortunately we are at least 5 good quality players short of challenging the present Celtic team . This is before they sign anyone for the start of next season. At this point in time I can't see it getting any better quickly. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, thehost said:

See you cunts, on this thread, bleating about Ashley. Do you blame him the traffic lights turning red?

this thread was about the absolute failure at board level, of our current board. No softy-willed deflection posh will work.

30 odd points behind, 50 goals behind, 3rd in the league

no new revenue streams

no finance

no credit lines

a cunt breaking rules all over the shop and never out of court

knock off strips being encouraged

but let's invent a bogeyman

wake the fuck up!

This is the reality of the situation we are in and while the OP fucked up his thread by bringing in Ashley to the conversation we need King and the board to step up and provide more funds to get better players, or we are fucked for years to come.

We know MW made some poor signings and wasted whatever money he was given, but he was appointed by this board and they will have to rectify that mistake by backing Pedro.

We are in the here and now and this is King's watch, he needs to sort out the situation with Ashley, but not backing Pedro is not an option for me and should not be an option to any Rangers fan. We have about ten players who are not good enough IMO, they need to go and be replaced by better ones. 

I'm as suspicious of King as most of us but (and I've lost count of how many times I've said this) Ashley is NOT the man you want in charge of this club.

He spends none of his own money (King, anyone?) in transfers/day-to-day running  - despite what he says to the press. Plus he's managed to strip all the excitement out of following Newcastle (a city, like Glasgow, which lives and breathes football).

An absolute Cancer on a football club.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

Ashley is not the answer and I would not have him near the club. Ask the Newcastle fans what they think of him. Unfortunately the present board do not appear to have the money to invest that will enable us to challenge for the league. Unfortunately we are at least 5 good quality players short of challenging the present Celtic team . This is before they sign anyone for the start of next season. At this point in time I can't see it getting any better quickly. 

5. Five? Fuck me. Honestly  Jesus wept and wept and wept. 

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Mike Ashley was giving us just enough rope to hang ourselves with.  A few million and if we don't pay it back he gets the logos.  He would've taken the training ground and the stadium from this club.  He doesn't give a fuck about Rangers he wanted to use the club to grow his Sports Direct business.

King has the clubs best interests at heart.  He's  putting money in but sadly it's not all being spent on the playing squad.  Money is needed to repair the damage left by previous owners who brought the club to its knees.  King gave money to Warburton but he pished it all away on shite and left us in a sorry state which Pedro now needs to fix during the summer.

Blaming the current board for the mess we're in is wide of the mark.

The current board have been in charge for over 2 years, the buck stops with them end of story. It's their responsibility and only their responsibility to allow us to challenge.

lets leave blaming bogeymen to the cult followers of the SNP

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

How does that even make sense? I'd rather have investment than what we have right now. This team needs investment. We have no option but to encourage investment.

Ashley only put money in as a loan.  He wanted to be paid back and of course we couldn't do it.  Big Mike started to take things from the club when we failed to pay back his loans.  Eventually he would've taken the training ground and stadium for a fraction of what they were worth.  As I said, he was giving us just enough rope to hang ourselves.  It's not in Mike's interest to have a cash rich Rangers as he can't then have power over us.  Mike doesn't want a successful Rangers, he just wants Rangers.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Ashley only put money in as a loan.  He wanted to be paid back and of course we couldn't do it.  Big Mike started to take things from the club when we failed to pay back his loans.  Eventually he would've taken the training ground and stadium for a fraction of what they were worth.  As I said, he was giving us just enough rope to hang ourselves.  It's not in Mike's interest to have a cash rich Rangers as he can't then have power over us.  Mike doesn't want a successful Rangers, he just wants Rangers.

On a business level, or any other level again this makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

What a lot of pish. He didn't ONLY put money in as a loan, he bought shares

20 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

The current board have been in charge for over 2 years, the buck stops with them end of story. It's their responsibility and only their responsibility to allow us to challenge.

The damage has taken more than two years to fix.  Rangers need to return to a position of financial stability and we're slowly doing that.  I think we recently turned a small profit for the first time in years.  We're still fighting to get a fair share of the TV rights and our jersey sales.  It wasn't a "bogeyman" that caused all this it was HMRC, Graig Whyte, Charles Green, Ally McCoist, Mark Warburton, etc.  The club has been subjected to years of financial abuse and incompetence.  To my knowledge King is trying to repair that.

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

This for sure :thumbup: this 'a big bad man did it and ran away' pish needs to stop and pressure need to be put on the people who are running our Club now, not two plus years ago.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The damage has taken more than two years to fix.  Rangers need to return to a position of financial stability and we're slowly doing that.  I think we recently turned a small profit for the first time in years.  We're still fighting to get a fair share of the TV rights and our jersey sales..  It wasn't a "bogeyman" that caused all this it was HMRC, Graig Whyte, Vharles Green, Ally McCoist, Mark Warburton, etc.  The club has been subjected to years of financial abuse and incompetence.  To my knowledge King is trying to repair that.

The club has been subject to years of financial abuse and incompetence.... you are aware kings been a director for years?

Whilst we haven't spent enough to catch Celtic we certainly spent enough to finish a string second. Unfortunately we were let down by warburton and best in the business lack of good/decent player knowledge.   Hammer king for spending little but it was still more compared to the rest

19 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

The club has been subject to years of financial abuse and incompetence.... you are aware kings been a director for years?

King was a director during David Murray's era but he played no part in what happened to us back in 2012.  In fact, I think King lost a lot of money when the company went under.

Sunce King has came back in he's been trying to stabilise this club on and off the pitch. 

It's easy to point the finger of blame at King but who do you think is going to replace him?  Is there a millionaire Rangers fan out there who is desperate to come in and throw money at Pedro?  

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

King was a director during David Murray's era but he played no part in what happened to us back in 2012.  In fact, I think King lost a lot of money when the company went under.

Sunce King has came back in he's been trying to stabilise this club on and off the pitch. 

It's easy to point the finger of blame at Ling but who do you think is going to replace him?  Is there a millionaire Rangers fan out there who is desperate to come in and throw money at Pedro?  

Seriously mate, do you realise how silly you sound? Head out the sand 

9 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Whilst we haven't spent enough to catch Celtic we certainly spent enough to finish a string second. Unfortunately we were let down by warburton and best in the business lack of good/decent player knowledge.   Hammer king for spending little but it was still more compared to the rest

We haven't spent enough to finish a strong second, that's silly

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's easy to point the finger of blame at Ling but who do you think is going to replace him?  Is there a millionaire Rangers fan out there who is desperate to come in and throw money at Pedro?  

No one is going to throw money at PC and certainly not this board,anyone with money who takes us on will want their own mansger whom they would trust.

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

On a business level, or any other level again this makes no sense.

It does make sense.  When financially crippled Mike is able to get us on the cheap and that's exactly what he was doing.  I'm not just talking about owning the majority of shares.  I firmly believe he would've gone after ownership of the training ground and the stadium itself.  We should be thanking King for getting rid of the fat self serving bastard.  

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It does make sense.  When financially crippled Mike is able to get us on the cheap and that's exactly what he was doing.  I'm not just talking about owning the majority of shares.  I firmly believe he would've gone after ownership of the training ground and the stadium itself.  We should be thanking King for getting rid of the fat self serving bastard.  

pvXCtP5.gif

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Financially crippled? His company just made a multi-million acquisition of two retailers in the US. The fact those retailers are struggling is neither here nor there, because it shows that he has ambitions to expand into the US retail market. That doesn't sound financially crippled to me.