The Bigger Picture. How The Fuck Do We Stop This Rot ?

tannerall

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Midfield is the biggest problem, over run time and time again, not just today, Aberdeen was the same. Hyndman is a decent player but he makes things happen in the last 3rd which we struggled to even get near today. 

We need a strong centre mid who can defend and actually pass a fucking ball forward. Then someone who can't take the ball off him and make things happen with imagination, the pass in behind etc.

Windass, Toral, Holt, Halliday aren't good enough, not helped by Waghorn is fucking abysmal. 

Money. And a good bit of it.

We're not any closer in terms of where we need to be than we were a year ago.

Full spine of the team needs bought, CBs, holding mid, creative mid, goal scoring mid, strikers that can score. Throw in a wide man that can score.

The problem is we need so many players but can't go down the quantity over quality road again like we did last summer.

First priority must be get a 20+ a season striker this summer. Garner and Waghorn would be on the first train back to England the day after the season ends if I was gaffer. 

Then bring in some physical presence in the middle of the park and at the back. Rangers are far too lightweight and not very street wise against muppets like Brown etc.

25 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Cellic outclassed us totally today, that's scary enough, but I guarantee they'll be investing yet more 10s of millions in the close season to

"keep us in our place"

and achieve their European group league money earning rank again. 

How the fuck are we going to stop this rot ?

Mate I agree with pretty much everything you've said. However OUR place is at the top of the league.

We've been put on life support by a phantom debt that could never be enforced and the fact aforementioned phantom debt was inflated and exaggerated to sell papers and ensure the only cunt who would look our way was a spineless gimp called Whyte.

Would any other club in the world come back from the brink like we did? I doubt it.

These paedo harbouring IRA sympathising scumbags can believe whatever they want but the record books dont lie!

That said you make very real and scary points about the 'fallen giants' status slipping away and everytime we have a result like today the brand is damaged.

FFP creates a lot of problems for anybody perhaps daft enough to throw millions at transfer fees but we need people at the club who can create additional revenue from other means. 

Sorry for the chest pounding,braveheart bollocks rant and understand its in no way shape or form an attempt to belittle or undermine you but I can never accept somebody saying 'our place' and meaning anything other than the very top.

21 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He needs £4 million and to sell Halliday, Holt, Tav, Wallace, Waghorn and Mckay for a further few and revamp that team. 

who is going to buy any of these players for worthwhile money  none of them will attract much

2 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

Mate I agree with pretty much everything you've said. However OUR place is at the top of the league.

We've been put on life support by a phantom debt that could never be enforced and the fact aforementioned phantom debt was inflated and exaggerated to sell papers and ensure the only cunt who would look our way was a spineless gimp called Whyte.

Would any other club in the world come back from the brink like we did? I doubt it.

These paedo harbouring IRA sympathising scumbags can believe whatever they want but the record books dont lie!

That said you make very real and scary points about the 'fallen giants' status slipping away and everytime we have a result like today the brand is damaged.

FFP creates a lot of problems for anybody perhaps daft enough to throw millions at transfer fees but we need people at the club who can create additional revenue from other means. 

Sorry for the chest pounding,braveheart bollocks rant and understand its in no way shape or form an attempt to belittle or undermine you but I can never accept somebody saying 'our place' and meaning anything other than the very top.

i admire your spirit but in the cold light of day we have a long long road to get to the very top

It's very simple and the solution is still the same at 3pm today as it was before that game kicked off at 12-noon.

money - that's Kings department.

a good manager - currently up for debate. 

A scouting network - non existent

Success in Scottish football isn't difficult to master - but we enjoy making a rip roaring cunt of it. 

I think during the summer we need to bring in quality and lots of it, but it needs to be players with fight, dig and a steely personality not this poofy ball playing pish.

Fully expect Pedro to use his contacts to bring in 2/3 quality loan players too from the likes of Man Utd and Hull City due to his friendship with their gaffers as well.

We need at least 6-8 new players and some current ones to up their game.

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Money helps, but there is certainly players out there on the cheap that would massively improve the first team.

Problem is does Pedro know them, has he a record of doing this previously, Warburton probably sold himself on the promise that he knew of plenty championship players that he could bring in at a good price, we got Garner & co.

40 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Buy good players and get a manager who hasn't been dossing in 5th place in Qatar for starters. 

We are on the road to nowhere. So much is wrong with us right now.

is that the "Pedro out" campaign starting then? Predictable as fuck. Not think he should maybe be given time to bring in some players?

First things first. Waghorn garner and ohalloran, out the door. Pick up 3 transfer fees then we need an investment of some sort and we need to strip the team back and start again. Give Miller his year, keep tav fod holt and wallace. Bates and beerman have staked there claim. Barrie McKay has a big fucking decision, either get your heart in it or fuck off. Forrester fuck knows rossiter the same. Invest properly dorrans could be a good starting point. This transfer window is crucial. If king doesn't invest this time I would happily partake in some sort of protest or something along they lines. 

We can not get accustomed to being runner up against these manky fucks this is not what we are 

25 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

No problem with the feedback mate, it's true and from your heart.

My thread title and scenarios were deliberately provocative as it is going to take one big concerted effort to get us back to the top of Scottish football and regain status and success in Europe again. 

At present the only foundations and stability and concentrated effort all stem from our traditions, our ambitions, and most importantly, our amazing fan-base who have stayed loyal and true.

As for my statement about being kept in our place, that refers to who we know to be enemies of our club, and at present it still goe way beyond anything our owners and board can match or compete with, and its not just a financial problem.

A couple players who actually know how to play football

Midfield is absolute priority for me even though the whole team need improved from start to finish

We need proven winners, not passengers from the lower dregs of English football

28 minutes ago, the drummer said:

We should have brought in   a manager someone who knows Scottish football

do you mean walter smith?

back to the game. the last time i have seen such a lazy rangersteam was the championsleague game at graz v sturm graz. therefore: it's not always money that garantees the best effort. pedro should get his opportunity to revamp the squad with players of a calibre like sasa papac. no, not really one of those expensive starplayers but committed to this club

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

better players simple. We were outplayed today but that said we gave them both goals ( if you believe the 2nd was a pen) then you need to say wes cost us twice

they hardly created a chance of there own

apart from hitting the post and fod making a few good saves.?

they took the foot of the gas, had Dembele pulled and yet we still couldnt make a contest of it.