The Bigger Picture. How The Fuck Do We Stop This Rot ?

tannerall

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moneys not the answer, simply because we don't have any. We start by emptying out the dross accumulated under MW tenure and hope Pedro can bring in some decent players. This season was always going to be a big ask, we simply play out the remainder of the season, gain a European place and go again next season.

Finance. Finance Finance. We need to get back to the calibre of player we had before the admin event. However, then we had players who went on to perform in the EPL in Jelavic, Davis, Naismith, Mcgregor, etc

The only way to replace players of that calibre is to buy them. Getting lads from the lower english leagues isnt going to beat cellic.

If nothing improves then we can look forward to empty stands again. 

This is what worries me. In the early 80s we were paying for a stadium rebuild. Once that was paid for we were always likely to come back strong plus the board pulled Souness out the hat.

This time if attendances dwindle I think we'll lose future generations. The football landscape is totally different now and I may be overreacting to current circumstances but I genuinely fear we just become another diddy club like the rest. 

40 minutes ago, Amato said:

is that the "Pedro out" campaign starting then? Predictable as fuck. Not think he should maybe be given time to bring in some players?

Never wanted him in the first place. He has no right to be anywhere near rangers. Have absolutely no reason to think he is a long term solution to our problems. No campaign, I just don't think he has achieve even close t enough to have landed such a prestigious job. It It fucking weird and I've not changed my opinion since were first linked with the man.

We're living through history right now. Our club is in the process of decline that ends in utter irrelevancy. It's happened to several massive clubs before, it's happening to us now.

Forget 2012 and before, we've made wrong decision after wrong decision at every turn since. Find one objective, non-bias person that can honestly say it's only a matter of time until we're back on top; or that Celtic won't do 10 in a row; or that we're even on the right track towards genuinely threatening them. You can't, because there aren't any. 

We're well and truly fighting against the tide right now - a couple more wrong moves and we can forget stopping 10 in a row, we'll be fighting to win 55 before they bastards do. Make no mistake about it, the way things are and the way there headed on current projection - they cunts will be an undeniably bigger club than us within 10 years. That's what's at stake - not just a few titles, or hyped up mythical landmarks like domestic trebles and 10 in a row - absolutely fucking everything is on the line in the next 5-10 years, our clubs dominance is very much in jeopardy and we have to find a way to reverse history. 

As others have said, how do we do it ? Investment. Where from is our number one problem. We're in an utterly desperate position, and most worringly is it seems we're just hoping things will work out for us at this point. 

59 minutes ago, Amato said:

is that the "Pedro out" campaign starting then? Predictable as fuck. Not think he should maybe be given time to bring in some players?

he should and he will, but can someone please tell me what his credentials are for managing us? cheap? available? 

13 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Never wanted him in the first place. He has no right to be anywhere near rangers. Have absolutely no reason to think he is a long term solution to our problems. No campaign, I just don't think he has achieve even close t enough to have landed such a prestigious job. It It fucking weird and I've not changed my opinion since were first linked with the man.

It's another manager brought in to bring on the mythical youth and work with no money, the games up for the foreseeable future unless real money and a decent manager is brought to the club, believe me nothing is going to change, how can it!!.

Vicious circle I know, but nothing is ever going to change until we get some major and real investment into the club. That is our biggest and number 1 priority.

Easier said than done, but Robertson and King aren't doing the financial business off the park so they are just as much to blame as those tossers on the pitch today.

Sign 5 or 6 of the best bosmans available on the European market. 5 or 6 of the very best highest quality players this club can afford. If the board are not prepared to pay money in fees then let us, the fans pay their wages. 

And even more important, rip up at east 14 of those useless cunts contracts as well. Any notion of going into next season with a similar team to this season is a white flag. 

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The only way to stop the rot is for King to go away, sell up to someone with loads of cash.

But that's never going to happen anytime soon.

We need money to buy decent players and to get rid of most of what we have at present.

King is never here so he needs to sell to someone who will be there running us and fighting our corner.

Its a bad show when we're behind the Sheep but next season will be the test for Pedro.

55 minutes ago, OhW said:

I'd like to get rid of Stewart Robertson.

Post of the day. This guy is more responsible for the decision making than King is ... Kings a dick and gets all the flak but this muppet Robertson is as responsible 

2 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Dave digs into his pocket and gives Pedro 15 million.

15 mil won't be enough when you think about wages, fees etc. I think we need 20-25 mil and that's just to close the gap. 

2-3 class players making up the bulk of the spend and a few additional to make up the squad. I just can't see it with DK but I hope I'm wrong. 

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

This season's done. 

We might win a few, draw  or lose a few of the remainder. 

Doesn't matter, many of our players now know they are not good enough. I expect every one of those who now know tthey are not good enough to be punted.

5 or 6, maybe even a few more we'll keep. (Fod, Tav, Wallace, McKay, Miller and the few youngsters who have been given a chance, Beerman, Bates.

But where do we go from here in the bigger picture ?

Less than two months till a new season starts, the board appears directionless, we still have Ashley holding out for all he can get on the cheap from his investnent. 

There's no way we'll survive a s the major force in Scottish football if the tims are alowed to carry on at will with us floundering without serious investment or innovation. And you can forget Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts, wee diddy teams in a wee diddy league, which none of them can even dream of winning. 

So the bigger picture, are we still a recognisable brand with sufficient stature and potential to invest in ?

I believe yes, but if no bugger comes along and tries to sort us out we're just gonna be another poor Scottish team without ambition. 

Cellic outclassed us totally today, that's scary enough, but I guarantee they'll be investing yet more 10s of millions in the close season to keep us in our place and achieve their European group league money earning rank again. 

How the fuck are we going to stop this rot ?

Yes, they might spend money but its no guarantee of success. It's very hard to find diamonds nowadays - every club is looking everywhere. And scottish football is not a huge carrot 

A scouting network is paramount - maybe even hopjng that Pedro has an ace or two up his sleeve with in depth knowledge of portugal and middle east and JJ in scandanavia. King et al have to show ambition and meaningful investment. They are not that good - if we can (and i stress can ) recruit 5-6 genuine first 11 players over the summer then we can challenge. They are full of confidence at the moment because there isnt a seriois challenge. We must improve and ask their pishy squad some questions 

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Sign 5 or 6 of the best bosmans available on the European market. 5 or 6 of the very best highest quality players this club can afford. If the board are not prepared to pay money in fees then let us, the fans pay their wages. 

And even more important, rip up at east 14 of those useless cunts contracts as well. Any notion of going into next season with a similar team to this season is a white flag. 

That's what gets me mate, it's the defeatist attitude, you could tell in the first few kicks of the ball how nervous most of those players were, losing was inevitable and we're lucky it wasn't by more. The tims never really left 1st gear and swanned it. 

3 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

15 mil won't be enough when you think about wages, fees etc. I think we need 20-25 mil and that's just to close the gap. 

2-3 class players making up the bulk of the spend and a few additional to make up the squad. I just can't see it with DK but I hope I'm wrong. 

Shouldn't 40 thousand season ticket holders revenue not cover the wages? 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Post of the day. This guy is more responsible for the decision making than King is ... Kings a dick and gets all the flak but this muppet Robertson is as responsible 

Wonder how much Robertson and that prick Mini are taking out the club?

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wonder how much Robertson and that prick Mini are taking out the club?

Robertsons wage was revealed a few months ago I'm sure it came in at around 300k with bonus - per annum 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Shouldn't 40 thousand season ticket holders revenue not cover the wages? 

Aye it should but with little revenue streams elsewhere it's not all going to be spent on wages. 

We need European football to bring on the quality we need and as it stands I can't see us making it past the 2nd round of qualifying and that's being optimistic. 

We have to start signing players that have played international level. I'm no fan of international football but the measure of any player is if he's in or around his national team. Obviously we have to ignore the top 5 or 6 countries in Europe but I'm sick of signing unproven "potential". How many in our current team are near their countries squads ? 

Lets look at the Scandinavian squads, Eastern European, USA. A lot of these players will be within our wage structure.

I would actually make that a criteria on all summer signings.