The Bigger Picture. How The Fuck Do We Stop This Rot ?

tannerall

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Aye it should but with little revenue streams elsewhere it's not all going to be spent on wages. 

We need European football to bring on the quality we need and as it stands I can't see us making it past the 2nd round of qualifying and that's being optimistic. 

look at a club like freiburg in the german bundesliga. it is not (only) the money. it is not (only) the international football. it is crucial who runs a club. competing with the big-money-league you have to push your academy and invest in your youth-coaches... and there is something like "team spirit" - i missed that completely today

Doubting pedros the man to stop it , can say he needs to bring in his own players I agree but his job just now is to set us up as to give us the best chance to win , that wasn't evident today got it all totally wrong 

24 minutes ago, viennacalling said:

look at a club like freiburg in the german bundesliga. it is not (only) the money. it is not (only) the international football. it is crucial who runs a club. competing with the big-money-league you have to push your academy and invest in your youth-coaches... and there is something like "team spirit" - i missed that completely today

Freiburg get more tv money than our whole country gets, that's even before the new deal they just signed that will see them earn 60 million euros minimum.

I see your point but you can't ignore the fact there is so much money in that league, that allows them to buy the infrastructure that you talk about 

1 hour ago, Alec87 said:

We have to start signing players that have played international level. I'm no fan of international football but the measure of any player is if he's in or around his national team. Obviously we have to ignore the top 5 or 6 countries in Europe but I'm sick of signing unproven "potential". How many in our current team are near their countries squads ? 

Lets look at the Scandinavian squads, Eastern European, USA. A lot of these players will be within our wage structure.

I would actually make that a criteria on all summer signings. 

I see your point and I think it worth exploring but you can't just rule them out because they don't play international football.

Sinclair who is one of their best players wouldn't get near England's national team but he still strolls it in our shitty league. 

8 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Freiburg get more tv money than our whole country gets, that's even before the new deal they just signed that will see them earn 60 million euros minimum.

I see your point but you can't ignore the fact there is so much money in that league, that allows them to buy the infrastructure that you talk about 

this year freiburg get the money. last year they've been a second tier club. but you are absolutely right with german tv money.

what i don't understand: the infrastructure for the young ones is already there - so the club should intensify those efforts (youth coaches etc.). even a club like red bull salzburg stormed into the under-19 youth club final beating man city and barcelona.

6 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

I see your point and I think it worth exploring but you can't just rule them out because they don't play international football.

Sinclair who is one of their best players wouldn't get near England's national team but he still strolls it in our shitty league. 

He's from the top 5 or 6 countries that don't fit this formula. 

we've got no-one who'll get into their team, infact even Aberdeen have about 5 or 6 players better than what we've got, this isn'ta problem that can be fixed in one window or even one year, to get up to the standard required this is gonna have to take 3 or 4 windows, we need far to much and have very little in the way of funds to make it happen, fucking depressing but that's the reality of the situation.

1 hour ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Aye it should but with little revenue streams elsewhere it's not all going to be spent on wages. 

We need European football to bring on the quality we need and as it stands I can't see us making it past the 2nd round of qualifying and that's being optimistic. 

We need far more than the the shitey money from the EL and what's left King will have it earmarked for his special interest revenue stream!

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We need far more than the the shitey money from the EL and what's left King will have it earmarked for his special interest revenue stream!

Totally agree mate, that's just for starters. I just can't see where it's going to come from. 

4 hours ago, viennacalling said:

this year freiburg get the money. last year they've been a second tier club. but you are absolutely right with german tv money.

what i don't understand: the infrastructure for the young ones is already there - so the club should intensify those efforts (youth coaches etc.). even a club like red bull salzburg stormed into the under-19 youth club final beating man city and barcelona.

The key thing is money, all those clubs have revenue streams we can only dream of. 

Even in bundesliga 2 they still earned significantly more (5x approx) than any team in our league including the scum. 

Its just not a comparison you can make, we are capable of making far more than the rest of the shite in the league. It would be like a alloa athletic or raith rovers competing with us. 

4 hours ago, Vanoli said:

We're living through history right now. Our club is in the process of decline that ends in utter irrelevancy. It's happened to several massive clubs before, it's happening to us now.

Forget 2012 and before, we've made wrong decision after wrong decision at every turn since. Find one objective, non-bias person that can honestly say it's only a matter of time until we're back on top; or that Celtic won't do 10 in a row; or that we're even on the right track towards genuinely threatening them. You can't, because there aren't any. 

We're well and truly fighting against the tide right now - a couple more wrong moves and we can forget stopping 10 in a row, we'll be fighting to win 55 before they bastards do. Make no mistake about it, the way things are and the way there headed on current projection - they cunts will be an undeniably bigger club than us within 10 years. That's what's at stake - not just a few titles, or hyped up mythical landmarks like domestic trebles and 10 in a row - absolutely fucking everything is on the line in the next 5-10 years, our clubs dominance is very much in jeopardy and we have to find a way to reverse history. 

As others have said, how do we do it ? Investment. Where from is our number one problem. We're in an utterly desperate position, and most worringly is it seems we're just hoping things will work out for us at this point. 

Maddening as hell that I want to tell you to GTF but I can't, because I agree with you. We trip over our own feet, get back up, and walk straight into a fucking wall - time and time again. Depressing as fuck and I have no idea where the saviour on the white horse is that's going to change this situation any time soon.

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

We're living through history right now. Our club is in the process of decline that ends in utter irrelevancy. It's happened to several massive clubs before, it's happening to us now.

Forget 2012 and before, we've made wrong decision after wrong decision at every turn since. Find one objective, non-bias person that can honestly say it's only a matter of time until we're back on top; or that Celtic won't do 10 in a row; or that we're even on the right track towards genuinely threatening them. You can't, because there aren't any. 

We're well and truly fighting against the tide right now - a couple more wrong moves and we can forget stopping 10 in a row, we'll be fighting to win 55 before they bastards do. Make no mistake about it, the way things are and the way there headed on current projection - they cunts will be an undeniably bigger club than us within 10 years. That's what's at stake - not just a few titles, or hyped up mythical landmarks like domestic trebles and 10 in a row - absolutely fucking everything is on the line in the next 5-10 years, our clubs dominance is very much in jeopardy and we have to find a way to reverse history. 

As others have said, how do we do it ? Investment. Where from is our number one problem. We're in an utterly desperate position, and most worringly is it seems we're just hoping things will work out for us at this point. 

Another two seasons like this one and we are dead in the water and that's if king doesn't put us out f business before then.  On current trend we are unsustainable.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Another two seasons like this one and we are dead in the water and that's if king doesn't put us out f business before then.  On current trend we are unsustainable.

People have been saying we're dead for years. Mainly fenians though.