The manager

kaiser1041

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

My point was they might not be following Pedros plans 100% and was saying there may be more to this situation. I didn't say Pedro is innocent in any of my posting, all I was trying to say is we may not be fully aware of the situation. Which I don't think any reasonable person could argue with.

That's why I included player attitudes in the initial post. But some folk wanted to 100% blame Pedro. I thought that was wrong given how the players have been performing before he came.

No ones 100% blaming Pedro at all that's just bullshit everyone that's got issues with Pedro knows the players are shite too

Obviously we set out to allow them possession last week but I doubt Pedro thought that we wouldn't be able to tackle or track their movement. I understand he tried the European approach but we are so lightweight they virtually brushed our players aside. As well as some decent players we need hard tackling midfielders.

Most worrying thing for me is it's impossible to see what his style is meant to be? When he came in we all heard it would be this high pressing, high intensity football but there's been none of that. I don't know if the players are struggling with the amount of training but they all look so lethargic.  He obviously can't be judged yet but I'd like to have seen a bit more progression by now.

This team are gutless cowards but by the end of Murty's spell they looked like they were willing to run through a brick wall for him, now they're back to not giving a fuck.

On 25 April 2017 at 0:41 PM, Turnberry18 said:

I saw that last night and I don't know what to make of it. 

I think abroad they are used to explaining their tactics to the media. It's always the same with outsiders in that they don't realise our media and the rest of Scottish football is a circus and that they will just use anything to ridicule Pedro and the club. The club should put him straight. It's shit and not his fault but just necessary in this cesspit.

What got me more is that after going to such trouble like a magician with the tumblers it seemed like he was suggesting that pressing Lustig and Brown was his big tactic.

To me things like that are just something you take for granted and try to do anyway but not something that is seen as a game plan. It's the sort of hopeless gamble that the likes of St Mirren might stake their hopes on but Rangers should always be more ambitious than that even if playing a rich European side. The fact that he chose to focus on two of their most experienced players is all the more baffling. 

Hopefully he's just sussing out the players because the worrying thing for me is that we seem to really struggle on the ball now. It's like people above suggest that we have no game plan in possession except some type of kick and rush. 

He's obviously trying to gauge their mentality for Saturday by calling them timid in the media. I'd normally say well done but this shower are probably more likely to go into their shells than man up.

I hope he learns to keep such psychological games indoors though because it's all right pulling such stunts if your Ferguson or Jose with all sorts of trophies behind you but the press will just make him out to be a clown. It will also get used by all and sundry to go on for years about the Rangers team who were shitting themselves from the rattlers. 

With all the open warfare on us and the general circus of Scottish football, Pedro couldn't have picked a more difficult time to be the Rangers manager.