The manager

kaiser1041

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

We had to see an immediate difference to what we had seen before, he's come in and picked the same players in the same positions under the same formation. He hasn't changed anything at all. He's talked a good game, he's spun us nice sound bites but ultimately he's changed nothing. There's still no fire there, no fight, no dig, no change in these players or squad. I don't buy into how bad they are. They have shown on the odd occasion that they can play but Pedro really doesn't help himself. 

We all don't know what he has seen in training but give him time to get his acquired playing staff on board and see what happens but yes I do agree same shite week in week out no change but we still need king to stump up for the better players also 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the manager will find our more about the players today by not only the loss but how certain players reacted when going a goal down.  He can only do so much from the sidelines.  It will be interesting to see who gets cut from the squad next week. 

5 minutes ago, gers31 said:

We all don't know what he has seen in training but give him time to get his acquired playing staff on board and see what happens but yes I do agree same shite week in week out no change but we still need king to stump up for the better players also 

Could have the best squad in the world but if you have a manager who doesn't know how to use them or what to do with them then it's pointless. These few months under Pedro were surely for him to prove he is worth financially backing in the summer. Has he really shown enough, or anything to suggest we should give already minimal funds too? I like what i hear from him but i don't like what i see and that is what matters the most. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Could have the bets squad in the world but if you have a manager who doesn't know how to use them or what to do with them then it's pointless. These few months under Pedro were surely for him to prove he is worth financially backing in the summer. Has he really shown enough, or anything to suggest we should give already minimal funds too? I like what i hear from him but i don't like what i see and that is what matters the most. 

I agree 100% he talks a good game but you got to give any new manager time to asses the playing staff 

27 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He's inherited shite players,but his tactics at the start were fkn ridiculous ,and obviously changed it at half time so he knew he made an arse of it ,sitting back letting them play rather than pressing was baffling as was starting garner who is completely shite, what does dodoo have to do to start a game?  Got to give Pedro  time to bring in  his own players next season but tactically today was worrying

He's said the players didn't implement the game plan in the first half, miller said it too, you can have the best tactics in the world but if the players on the park shite themselves, there's fuck all the guy can do except make subs to sort it out - seems clear he's still trying to find out how these players react to pressure and it's probably now very clear that they cannot be relied on to put a performance in

5 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

For me this manager is not the man for Rangers, and I won't overtly go on about that, but I think we need someone with a proven record. If we were going to get rid of Warburton then it needed to be someone far better; I have my doubts that we have done that.

I think the appointment was left field and I felt it was wrong still feel that and I hope I am wrong.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Celtic will continue to outspend us and it's unrealistic to expect us to accumulate a squad of better footballers than they have.  We play the same formation as they do with inferior players and that's simply not going to work given the gap in quality.  We need to find a way of winning on a budget.  I still maintain that turning us in to a more physical and direct team makes the most sense all things considered.  We can more realistically get guys who will battle and bully than guys who are gifted footballers.  I think we need CBs who can give us an areal threat at set-pieces, battlers in midfield, traditional wingers, and a striker who can score.  Celtic wont like coming up against a big physical team and neither will anyone else in this league.

Good post. We are trying to play them at their own game with a squad that is not cut out for it. We need to change the game.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Celtic will continue to outspend us and it's unrealistic to expect us to accumulate a squad of better footballers than they have.  We play the same formation as they do with inferior players and that's simply not going to work given the gap in quality.  We need to find a way of winning on a budget.  I still maintain that turning us in to a more physical and direct team makes the most sense all things considered.  We can more realistically get guys who will battle and bully than guys who are gifted footballers.  I think we need CBs who can give us an areal threat at set-pieces, battlers in midfield, traditional wingers, and a striker who can score.  Celtic wont like coming up against a big physical team and neither will anyone else in this league.

Is that not what Martin O'Neill did with them? I seem to remember them being a team of hammer throwers for a few years where they just kicked fuck out everyone

When we had possession they closed us down immediately, when they had it we stood off  them and gave them all the space they wanted.  Why isnt this addressed ? and its been a tactic of theirs earlier in the season against us. 

Pedro needs a much better showing next Saturday and  I wish he  would come out and tell us now that Waghorn wont be playing. These missed chances of his are becoming as painful as defeats.

It's fucking warburtons fault he ha slept a team of small tippy tally spinless cunts who don't seem to give a fuck,there was no heart,dig or passion out there and we got outmuscled constantly.

start the summer transfers by buying some big strong players who don't take on shite.

we are powder puff all over the pitch 

54 minutes ago, cp9 said:

He got it desperately wrong today. Needs to learn or be allowed to invest in the way he wants to play.

but like most on here, I'll judge him next December. 

If he doesn't get the quality in the summer, there will be no need to wait until December, as the league will be over for us by then and it won't be his fault.

The scum are miles ahead and it's time we all accepted that and without the funding in the summer to make a challenge, nothing is changing.