The manager

kaiser1041

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

and what midfielders would you have brought on? 

You've got a whopping choice of Windass and Toral. 

He did get the starting xi wrong am not arguing that but the team we have is shite and there isn't much we can do. Dodoo is likely our only real impact sub. 

Both Windass and Toral are better than Halliday and should have started. That was his first mistake today and set alarm bell's ringing in my head big time. 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bob1873 said:

This ain't the UAE or Portugal mate tell the tranny man to GTF.

Nah he is telling Rodgers that's OK we will laugh it aff the noo but when I get my team were going to fuck u all no surrender :rangers:

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Could have the best squad in the world but if you have a manager who doesn't know how to use them or what to do with them then it's pointless. These few months under Pedro were surely for him to prove he is worth financially backing in the summer. Has he really shown enough, or anything to suggest we should give already minimal funds too? I like what i hear from him but i don't like what i see and that is what matters the most. 

This post is spot on regarding Pedro as I've not seen anything enough yet to suggests he deserves funds but he does need to be backed as we're in a no win situation. His appointment is another massive gamble which we really shouldn't have been taking at this juncture IMO.

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

What? That He doesnt have an axe to grind? Shock horror.

It's nothing to do with having an axe to grind - this is nothing personal towards Brendan. I'd happily shake his hand too after the match regardless of the defeat but look at him grinning without a care in the world whilst 20 thousand Rangers fans trod out of Hampden gutted ... some have to go into work first thing in the morning with hangovers listening to gloating tarriers, some folk like me had to get a train home from Queen Street listening to fenian's abusing Rangers fans without a care in the world or Police officer responding and that Portguese bullfighting coach we've got in charge of us can laugh, joke, smile and cuddle at the end of that?

Fucking hell.

The pictures disgusting. He will be the next Warburton MK2 i.e not knowing what this club or results means. Especially against them.

I'll probably get shot down for saying this but no one thought we would step up and win this league on our first season back with that team. It all stems back to SUPER ALLY if he had gone with the youth from the start and brought them through the leagues we would have had a better team than what we have with years of playing together and still young but that's only my opinion 

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

I'll probably get shot down for saying this but no one thought we would step up and win this league on our first season back with that team. It all stems back to SUPER ALLY if he had gone with the youth from the start and brought them through the leagues we would have had a better team than what we have with years of playing together and still young but that's only my opinion 

no we wouldnt. Our youth were utter pish.

7 minutes ago, gers31 said:

Fuck sake.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's nothing to do with having an axe to grind - this is nothing personal towards Brendan. I'd happily shake his hand too after the match regardless of the defeat but look at him grinning without a care in the world whilst 20 thousand Rangers fans trod out of Hampden gutted ... some have to go into work first thing in the morning with hangovers listening to gloating tarriers, some folk like me had to get a train home from Queen Street listening to fenian's abusing Rangers fans without a care in the world or Police officer responding and that Portguese bullfighting coach we've got in charge of us can laugh, joke, smile and cuddle at the end of that?

Fucking hell.

The pictures disgusting. He will be the next Warburton MK2 i.e not knowing what this club or results means. Especially against them.

His first big game and he totally fucks up his starting 11 and the love-in at the end tells me, he has no fkn idea

3 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

First big game was Aberdeen, where he had an idea...

We were being pushed by the sheep and it looked as if we were going to lose a goal and as football goes the game turned very quickly. I never seen any great decisions that turned that game 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

If he doesn't get the quality in the summer, there will be no need to wait until December, as the league will be over for us by then and it won't be his fault.

The scum are miles ahead and it's time we all accepted that and without the funding in the summer to make a challenge, nothing is changing.

I agree..... but

Not wanting to be guilty of focusing on a single results. Murty showed how to play against them. Press and stay compressed.  The first 15 were awful, Pedro got it terribly terribly wrong. His whole idea of looking at how champs league teams played against them seems bizarre considering the quality they faced in that group. He needs the players and hopefully he gets them, unlikely, but hopefully.

19 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

We were being pushed by the sheep and it looked as if we were going to lose a goal and as football goes the game turned very quickly. I never seen any great decisions that turned that game 

He saw the gaps in their side, and shaped the team to exploit that. Used the width and speed of Dodoo and others to catch them flat. No, he definitely used his nous and changed the game.

We didn't score 3 by sheer fluke.

Ffs there really is some crackpot comments in here.  It's his first loss, he's using players that he has inherited and would never have brought to the club. I doubt the best of managers could do much better with this current team. If players like waghorn et al would take their fucking chances it would be a different story (I'm not necessarily talking about today's game but in general, although waghorn was fucking chronic again). What chance have you got when there are so many underperforming, not to mention inferior players at his disposal.

It seems to me Warburton's  philosophy is still ingrained within the team (as it was so one dimensional), and it will take time, new players, shite ones ousted, and a preseason before we can start judging Pedro. Judging him just now with a team that is full of shitebags, inadequate, can't follow instruction and/or are stuck in the mindset of his predecessors philosophy is insane. Too many folk on here are too quick to write the guy off without giving him a fair shake. At the end of the day he's here, he is our manager, so we need to get right behind him.  I'm sure he will already have identified many of our frailties and will have plans.  We will be a different outfit next season.  It didn't pay off today, but he is at least someone who will change it up if it's not working.  I'd point more to the players not turning up or not giving a fuck today than hanging Pedro.  It's clear as day that many players just aren't up to the task no matter what formation or tactics are used.  Gee the guy a break.  Next season is where he will be judged, not after a game against them that seeming manager wannabes on here know better and over react.  I'm sure he will have learned a lot even from today, and i expect a different game next Saturday.  Let's not jump the gun and write the guy off before he has even been given the chance to imprint his own ideas, or bring in players on a no doubt limited budget, but he needs that opportunity

4 minutes ago, minus22 said:

Ffs there really is some crackpot comments in here.  It's his first loss, he's using players that he has inherited and would never have brought to the club. I doubt the best of managers could do much better with this current team. If players like waghorn et al would take their fucking chances it would be a different story (I'm not necessarily talking about today's game but in general, although waghorn was fucking chronic again). What chance have you got when there are so many underperforming, not to mention inferior players at his disposal.

It seems to me Warburton's  philosophy is still ingrained within the team (as it was so one dimensional), and it will take time, new players, shite ones ousted, and a preseason before we can start judging Pedro. Judging him just now with a team that is full of shitebags, inadequate, can't follow instruction and/or are stuck in the mindset of his predecessors philosophy is insane. Too many folk on here are too quick to write the guy off without giving him a fair shake. At the end of the day he's here, he is our manager, so we need to get right behind him.  I'm sure he will already have identified many of our frailties and will have plans.  We will be a different outfit next season.  It didn't pay off today, but he is at least someone who will change it up if it's not working.  I'd point more to the players not turning up or not giving a fuck today than hanging Pedro.  It's clear as day that many players just aren't up to the task no matter what formation or tactics are used.  Gee the guy a break.  Next season is where he will be judged, not after a game against them that seeming manager wannabes on here know better and over react.  I'm sure he will have learned a lot even from today, and i expect a different game next Saturday.  Let's not jump the gun and write the guy off before he has even been given the chance to imprint his own ideas, or bring in players on a. I

Seen too many of them posts when people were criticising McCoist, then McDowall, then McCall, then Warburton, then Murty and now Pedro. Everyone was wrong to criticise for some reason ... even when they were right. 

Not one person has said sack Pedro, almost everyone has acknowledged that it's Warburton's team he's been left with. That's undeniable. But he still needs to be responsible for bad results. It's absolutely ridiculous that people will give him a free pass in these games because of it.

As I said earlier, there's more to being a manager than signing players. Good managers can still do something with poor players. There's loads that can be done.

Pedro talks a good game but he didn't come close to backing it up today. 

I'm happy to give the guy time. Didn't appreciate the mutual admiration society show at the end, but I think that can be put down to Caixinha being a little naïve. I think he has something about him. I also keep imagining him with a huge fucking cigar and a smile for some reason. Maybe that's just a premonition? I think he'll do alright.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Seen too many of them posts when people were criticising McCoist, then McDowall, then McCall, then Warburton, then Murty and now Pedro.

Not one person has said sack Pedro, almost everyone has acknowledged that it's Warburton's team he's been left with. That's undeniable. But he still needs to be responsible for bad results. It's absolutely ridiculous that people will give him a free pass in these games because of it.

As I said earlier, there's more to being a manager than signing players. Good managers can still do something with poor players. There's loads that can be done.

Fingers hit submit before i had finished.  As the manager he will bear the responsibility and I'm not giving him a free pass, but when you have a predominantly pish team at his disposal he's not all of a sudden going to turn is into a force to be reckoned with.  Patience is going to be needed.  We all want it now, but he needs supported by us, financially (:lol:), and the opportunity to  bring in players he thinks that will take us up a level. Today is sore, but in the current climate not entirely unexpected unfortunately

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Seen too many of them posts when people were criticising McCoist, then McDowall, then McCall, then Warburton, then Murty and now Pedro. Everyone was wrong to criticise for some reason ... even when they were right. 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

is his preferred formation not 442 if so why stick to the 433 we apparently can't play ??

Just now, minus22 said:

Fingers hit submit before i had finished.  As the manager he will bear the responsibility and I'm not giving him a free pass, but when you have a predominantly pish team at his disposal he's not all of a sudden going to turn is into a force to be reckoned with.  Patience is going to be needed.  We all want it now, but he needs supported by us, financially (:lol:), and the opportunity to  bring in players he thinks that will take us up a level. Today is sore, but in the current climate not entirely unexpected unfortunately

I agree he needs time mate but I also feel he's still responsible in the meantime and should carry the can for pish performances and results in the meantime.