The manager

kaiser1041

1 minute ago, cd true bluenose said:

is his preferred formation not 442 if so why stick to the 433 we apparently can't play ??

We can play 4-3-3 when the players show up and are in the mood.

We can't play 4-4-2 when trying to counter-attack like today .. we need to play 5-4-1 for that.

Basically the one formation we couldn't play with that gameplan today and low and behold we play it.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree he needs time mate but I also feel he's still responsible in the meantime and should carry the can for pish performances and results in the meantime.

I know.  Look, we all want the same thing mate, the means of getting there looks like it's going to be a shaky path.  we want instant success, we want to compete against them, we want to smash teams we are playing.  I just think the playing personnell is all wrong/doesnt have the mettle, and i just hope he is supported to bring in  strength to the team in key areas that gets us back to a certain level.  The whole thing is frustrating, angering, and a host of adjectives that are not pleasant.  One things for sure king needs to support him to a higher degree otherwise we are completely fucked for the foreseeable

37 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We can play 4-3-3 when the players show up and are in the mood.

We can't play 4-4-2 when trying to counter-attack like today .. we need to play 5-4-1 for that.

Basically the one formation we couldn't play with that gameplan today and low and behold we play it.

so play 442 and press them? hodson has to play right back tav stick him rmf  ? just my opinion  

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

which one lost and which one won?

Wee pedro just looks happy to be here.

To be fair he's probably not angry coz his fortune telling powers have temporarily worn off: It was taken before the game. We might aswell jump on it though eh.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Was it? Well I'll stand corrected if that's the case

If someone can prove me wrong then i must've missed it, but pre-match they were all laughy-jokey. He shook his hand at the end and walked away

20 minutes ago, WWTC said:

To be fair he's probably not angry coz his fortune telling powers have temporarily worn off: It was taken before the game. We might aswell jump on it though eh.

Are the fans walking backwards to their seats 

I didn't agree with his tactics to start with, though some of our players folded after Tav gave away the penalty. I'd have went with a similar system to the one we used against them at Parkhead, or started with Dodoo up front, but the biggest problem is he's inherited a pish squad. 

Some players try and aren't good enough; some are mentally weak and aren't good enough; some look like they will be good enough and strong enough mentally, but lack experience. It's going to be a tall order getting rid of some of them, and we need to in order to free up funds to bring in better players. 

Best of luck to Pedro there. Hopefully Warburton wants to take some of them to Nottingham. 

Been stone cold sober all day.

Pedro can GTF. Shite team selection, shite tactics, no impact from the sidelines. Worst of all was the laughing and joking with the filth manager after being roundly gubbed.

Never going to make it as a Rangers manager, doesn't understand it. Pedro accepted defeat before he put his team out, why else would be so relaxed and laughing after that performance.

9 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Been stone cold sober all day.

Pedro can GTF. Shite team selection, shite tactics, no impact from the sidelines. Worst of all was the laughing and joking with the filth manager after being roundly gubbed.

Never going to make it as a Rangers manager, doesn't understand it. Pedro accepted defeat before he put his team out, why else would be so relaxed and laughing after that performance.

We have the perfect excuse, there is no money for good players or managers and be thankful for what you have, second rate players can come here and make good money for 2 to 3 years and not give a flying monkeys, same goes for the managers we bring in, they can string out a couple of years and leave with a years wages if we pay them off.

Your right about Pedro, would you see Rodgers laughing and joking after being made to look a complete cunt, no way, he would be scowling all the way down the tunnel, the sooner Pedro goes the better before he does any more damage. I don't blame Pedro or Warburton first hand, I blame this inept board for giving them the most important job in Scottish football to complete no mark managers and they have made Rangers to be a laughing stock, everybody in Scottish football is laughing their cocks off.

The pressers are embarrassing, Pedro talking like he has a CV like Mourinho and then delivering up a pub team selection and tactics, strikers who can hardly score and he plays three of them!!, a midfield of Holt and Halliday, we are in a bad way and Rangers fans were talking of winning the cup and now their talking about beating them next week FFS, the day dream believers are also talking about being in Europe next year and we are utter dross.

7 hours ago, hanleysguru said:

I'm happy to give the guy time. Didn't appreciate the mutual admiration society show at the end, but I think that can be put down to Caixinha being a little naïve. I think he has something about him. I also keep imagining him with a huge fucking cigar and a smile for some reason. Maybe that's just a premonition? I think he'll do alright.

It's because he looks like the cowboy in inner space...

17 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

I see a lot of threads on certain individuals and agree with most.

but for me the manager failed miserably today and I haven't been impressed with any of the games under us barring the sheep.

we were losing quite clearly the midfield yet he ignored this and removed numbers rather than adding to them.

for me dodoo has to be our main striker till the end of the season 

Ill give the guy time but won't fall for the same sound byte shite I fell for under Warburton.

also may aswell end on a positive and say it's a joy to sit shoulder to shoulder with our fans.

This is the reason why i dont think you should bring in a new manager in the middle of the season.

Fair enough Warburton was off, but let Murty take the team till the end of the season. Let the new manager observe from afar. Even let him train the team towards the end of the season.

But bringing him in, the fans are expecting him to work wonders. Its plain to see from 1-11 were useless. I dont even rate the keeper. Andy Halliday, fuck me, how is he getting paid thousands a week to play for Rangers? Tavernier, the right back who cant execute a tackle. 

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

After this debacle I'm seriously worried about our manager.  Bad team selection, bad tactics and bad substitutions.   

That makes a few of us i mean how did we land up with him lets face it hes a nobody in footballing circles he seems to be all talk an fuck all else an we have had our fill of that

Wait, are there people actually calling for his head now? :lol:

I have serious reservations about him but he needs a chance to build his own team before he can be properly judged FFS.

Calling for the head of a manager who's had six games in charge and is working with players who packed up and stopped trying months ago is pathetic behaviour.

At the time I was massively critical of him, thought we missed a no brainer in going for Mcinnes. 

But he has impressed me at times and it's hard to criticised with the personnel he has at his disposal. 

Problem is the pressure on him may prove too much because if he doesn't get it right during the transfer window and we don't start well next season he could be gone by October/November. 

I think we're in a dangerous predicament here. Shite contracted players who will likely stay next season really not working for a new manager who they find confusing and who has shattered their cushy lifestyles by cancelling days off and making them graft.

He may well have sussed the ones he wants replaced but I genuinely doubt there's the money to do it. I'd imagine some he will be forced to keep.

The players don't seem to speak favourably of his techniques, tactics or training - just comment that it's different.

I've said before that at times I get his English but find he talks confusing jargon with his phases, transitions etc - do the players really get it and buy into it?

He will only succeed if he has a sizeable budget. If not then he'll become the next fall guy.

Unfortunately I don't anticipate there to be any chance of a budget coming that's going to give him a fighting chance.

Realistically we need several season's where those out of contract are then replaced with far better on a similar pay. Bloody difficult, and he also won't be afforded that luxury of years to achieve it.

It's a cluster fuck and there's no easy answer.

Some of the comments in here are absolutely ludicrous man folk have made up their mind after yesterdays showing yes it was poor but given he hasn't brought in his own players and we're only 6 games into his tenure players will still be getting used to the changes in tactics training etc  I think he was the potential to be a great manager for us !

That was them at their peak against us. They played us off the park. 

They were just better at everything.

The only positive I saw was the team on the pitch that saw the game out, looked "together" and on the same wavelength as each other. Should have been the starting 11 with the inclusion of Toral.

PC got it wrong.