The manager

kaiser1041

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The third option might be even costlier than the first two. I don't agree with his appointment in the first place, but I hope he proves me wrong. 

Costlier because we allow a manager to make signings?

Can you imagine the costly damage to our reputation(lol) if we sacked a manager after a handful of games with his record here.

The impact on our ST if the replacement can't get funds as we're skint from paying off the previous 2 managers and fighting every cunt in court.

He may well fail, maybe due to him as much as the budget he gets, but it's a riddy folk wanting him sacked based on his time here.

Folk need to calm the fuck down.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I wonder if he is trying to too clever for his own good.

I think sometimes he talks in riddles and overly complicates things.

For yesterday all we had to do was similar to Murtys set up against them and deny them space and stifle their midfield and Sinclair. The other missing element was showing fight and the desire to get a result.

I think the players are playing football by numbers as they try to implement the gaffers game plan.

Hopefully he can get them to play the way he wants and its an effective way to play - early i know but i am unconvinced at the moment.

Agreed

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Costlier because we allow a manager to make signings?

Can you imagine the costly damage to our reputation(lol) if we sacked a manager after a handful of games with his record here.

The impact on our ST if the replacement can't get funds as we're skint from paying off the previous 2 managers and fighting every cunt in court.

He may well fail, maybe due to him as much as the budget he gets, but it's a riddy folk wanting him sacked based on his time here.

Folk need to calm the fuck down.

That's not the basis of my point though, and I appreciate where you are coming from, as I appreciate most of the points you make on here, but I don't and never have thought he was up to the task. I find it hard to support him being here when I didn't think he was a good appointment in the first place. As I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

17 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's not the basis of my point though, and I appreciate where you are coming from, as I appreciate most of the points you make on here, but I don't and never have thought he was up to the task. I find it hard to support him being here when I didn't think he was a good appointment in the first place. As I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

I get that, and I think that questioning the basis of his appointment is valid. I too remain unconvinced.

But when I say support I mean financial support from the board to make signings not us cheering him.

Yesterday he fucked up, no 2 ways about it.

But it seems folk want him sacked probably at a cost of somewhere round a million pound mark because they assumed we'd win and didn't and now want to blame every cunt, or because he played Waghorn or some other obscure logic.

He's managing signings he too might think are shite and actually got better results in a short period of time than his permanent predecessor who signed them.

Folk potentially want us to be a million quid worse off with his payoff but in the exact same position we were in before - no outstanding candidates and little cash to back whoever we bring in. It's mental.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I get that, and I think that questioning the basis of his appointment is valid. I too remain unconvinced.

But when I say support I mean financial support from the board to make signings not us cheering him.

Yesterday he fucked up, no 2 ways about it.

But it seems folk want him sacked probably at a cost of somewhere round a million pound mark because they assumed we'd win and didn't and now want to blame every cunt, or because he played Waghorn or some other obscure logic.

He's managing signings he too might think are shite and actually got better results in a short period of time than his permanent predecessor who signed them.

Folk potentially want us to be a million quid worse off with his payoff but in the exact same position we were in before - no outstanding candidates and little cash to back whoever we bring in. It's mental.

I'm concerned about what type of manager the board think they have brought in- is his purpose to spend big in the summer; is it to win the league next season? Before we signed him the emphasis was on a DOF first, and Wilson was heavily rumoured to be coming; why exactly that didn't happen is something we may not fully get to know, but it is nonetheless concerning that Caixinha was appointed so soon around the period Wilson appeared to have either changed his mind about coming, or maybe he was never taking the option of us in the first place. This confusing narrative has defined this board's tenure, the lack of joined up thinking, even regarding the reign of the previous manager and the manner of his departure gives me the impression of a board too easily swayed by events and with no real defined game plan. Under that I then ask myself if Caixhina is the best manager of Rangers in such a scenario; does he have the ability to succeed here with such a board behind him; and how much are they willing to properly back him anyway, starting with his apparent preference to work alongside a DOF? I'll back him, and I hope he succeeds, but the problems at this club go way above the manager anyway, and I just hope he has been brought in with the board backing him, more importantly.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm concerned about what type of manager the board think they have brought in- is his purpose to spend big in the summer; is it to win the league next season? Before we signed him the emphasis was on a DOF first, and Wilson was heavily rumoured to be coming; why exactly that didn't happen is something we may not fully get to know, but it is nonetheless concerning that Caixinha was appointed so soon around the period Wilson appeared to have either changed his mind about coming, or maybe he was never taking the option of us in the first place. This confusing narrative has defined this board's tenure, the lack of joined up thinking, even regarding the reign of the previous manager and the manner of his departure gives me the impression of a board too easily swayed by events and with no real defined game plan. Under that I then ask myself if Caixhina is the best manager of Rangers in such a scenario; does he have the ability to succeed here with such a board behind him; and how much are they willing to properly back him anyway, starting with his apparent preference to work alongside a DOF? I'll back him, and I hope he succeeds, but the problems at this club go way above the manager anyway, and I just hope he has been brought in with the board backing him, more importantly.

I really really hope pedro comes good but being honest other than 10 mins against aberdeen i have to say im not impressed.  I also dont think we need a director of football at the moment. We need to get a winning first team on the park, im afraid the u21s down to the u8s will just havve to play how their respective managers tell them.

The board have no game plan other than throw a wee bit of cash about to make it look as if they have REAL money to invest and by the time the transfer window comes round i can see the board scarpering with the ST money thats been in the bank since mid May

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

I really really hope pedro comes good but being honest other than 10 mins against aberdeen i have to say im not impressed.  I also dont think we need a director of football at the moment. We need to get a winning first team on the park, im afraid the u21s down to the u8s will just havve to play how their respective managers tell them.

The board have no game plan other than throw a wee bit of cash about to make it look as if they have REAL money to invest and by the time the transfer window comes round i can see the board scarpering with the ST money thats been in the bank since mid May

There is no game plan, and the longer they are in charge it is obvious that there is no real game plan to take the club forward. Two years after they have assumed control, is it really any better now?

Honestly got to pity the morons in the media and fans of other clubs in Scotland who think its embarassing that he explained the tactics with the glasses.

Talking tactics is the norm in countrys where the football is actually decent, like Portugal and Germany. The media over here would have never heard of the term "medium block", what he was talking about them shaping up with 3 centre halfs or Brown being in a triangle. 

Annoying how clueless they are about modern football

6 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Honestly got to pity the morons in the media and fans of other clubs in Scotland who think its embarassing that he explained the tactics with the glasses.

Talking tactics is the norm in countrys where the football is actually decent, like Portugal and Germany. The media over here would have neger heard of the term "medium block", what he was talking about them shaping up with 3 centre halfs or Brown being in a triangle. 

Annoying how clueless they are about modern football

Stopped reading at neger mate 

On 4/23/2017 at 3:50 PM, sausagetrunks said:

we can cry about managers and players all we want but its down to the lack of fucking money that is hurting us. we could bring in Alex ferguson and it would still be the same. 

that's the best idea i have ever heard on here .Ferguson looks bored as fuck in the stands at old trafford he could even bring his own war chest

Our defence has been much better since he got here and we needed that badly. He can't be blamed for the atrocious forward players we've got

He can however be blamed for starting Halliday over Toral and Dodoo on the bench again 

Whilst I still think McInnes would've been the better option, I still hope and expect Pedro will deliver the goods.

I think he's done a decent job thus far and assuming he gets a substantial backing in summer I think he can win 55 in good time. 

Too early to judge him but he got it wrong yesterday

We need a clear out because most of our players are just simply not good enough for the level we are at.

And I definitely do not like to see the Rangers manager with a huge grin on his face cuddling the celtic manager after we've just been pumped  I understand they are professionals and have to at least be civil to one another and might even be friends, but the pats on the back and the big smiles can be exchanged in the tunnel after the game.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Made a cunt of it yesterday but deserves a shot at it with his own players. 

Why?

I was not expecting to win but I knew what to expect from them.

If he cant get his tactics or best players on the park for the biggest game of our season, why let him spend more on other players?

Where is the logic? 

He got it massively wrong and apparently has managed to alienate the players, not a fucking clever thing to do. Any manager worth their salt builds from what you have while making changes. 

It is naive to alienate the people you need to achieve your job. Even if you plan on replacing them. 

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Why?

I was not expecting to win but I knew what to expect from them.

If he cant get his tactics or best players on the park for the biggest game of our season, why let him spend more on other players?

Where is the logic? 

He got it massively wrong and apparently has managed to alienate the players, not a fucking clever thing to do. Any manager worth their salt builds from what you have while making changes. 

It is naive to alienate the people you need to achieve your job. Even if you plan on replacing them. 

I don't think we can jump from manager to manager like we are doing just now he needs a chance to see what he can or cannot do. Too early to tell if he has what it takes or not and needs to sign players that he thinks will make us win things.

4 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He tried something that didn't work. We sat too deep, didn't press them and needed an additional midfielder to combat their possession. Zonal marking which allows the opposition to get a run and jump at the ball is not working, and pulling back every man into the penalty box to defend their corners allowed them to put more players forward. The players though are just not of the calibre required to win games like this.

This is a fair and correct summation I think.