Judge Pedro next week

Dan Deacon

I know the team have been dross all season, but we should be seeing more from these players. You don't have to be a world beater to be organised, committed and ready to battle for every ball. Every time they got the ball in the first half they had about 10 yards to run into, lets face it for the first 30 mins against Partick it was very similar. For me the signs are worrying, at the moment the way the contracts are for certain players its very possible that what we are seeing now will still be there next season. If gets to spend 3 to 4 million (net) I'll be amazed.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Sometimes sitting back is the right tactical decision. Had Miller and Waghorn put their chances away, then things would have been very different. 

What was the Miller chance as I can't remember? The attempted chip?

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Exactly. Result would have been pretty much the same had Windass and McKay started. The criticism of his team selection would have been pretty similar though.

I know what you're saying but he's thought it was a good idea to bring Halliday in from the cold and start him ... that says something about his thoughts in regards to team selection also it's more tactical for me - that set up was pathetic you knew after 5 minutes of the game the tactics were to sit deep, stand off them showing them respect and let Brown waltz about like Xavi. That's not acceptable 

money should be spent on a combative midfielder someone like Kevin Thomson would be perfect as he could snap, tackle and also pass to a high standard. How many images are there out there of him from a few seasons ago winning tackles in Old Firm games? Then we've got that poofy wee fanny Halliday with pubes for a hair do ...

Just now, johanhentze said:

No.. he hit it straight at Gordon and then tried to claim a pen for a hand ball?

Ah right cheers. Can't remember it being a clear cut chance but definitely remember the incident. Waghorn's header (plus a few other attempts) was woeful. Dived that low he ended up under the ball enough to head it over.

Shouldn't be judged till he brings in his own players agree , but couldn't come up with a plan like Murty did at parkheed  and couldn't get any heart and fight out the players like Murty did at parkheed  , worrying aspects in my opinion , team selection was all wrong , but again wouldn't go overboard judging him till next season 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Sometimes sitting back is the right tactical decision. Had Miller and Waghorn put their chances away, then things would have been very different. 

If you are going to sit back and soak up the pressure then you need to be able to counter at pace to keep the other team honest. The tarrier back line didn't have anything to worry about in the first half as Waghorn, Miller and Garner aren't going to counter you and you can push up and squeeze the play, it meant we ended up camped in our own half with no out ball.

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Shouldn't be judged till he brings in his own players agree , but couldn't come up with a plan like Murty did at parkheed  and couldn't get any heart and fight out the players like Murty did at parkheed  , worrying aspects in my opinion , team selection was all wrong , but again wouldn't go overboard judging him till next season 

Obviously he was judged by the board to improve on what Warburton did, otherwise why change the manager in the first place? In that respect Caixhina should be judge starting immediately, and if he does not improve on the previous manager then he would clearly not have been a good appointment to make.  Time will tell how he does, but he will need to bring immediate signs that we have improved, and so far he has failed to do that.

18 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

The same £1.6m Garner who got fuck all service bar an overhit ball from Wilson?

No the same £1.6 Garner who has done nothing all season but start fights, feign injury and misses a majority of chances in a game he gets.

I cannot believe anyone would still defend that guy.  I thought he'd improve after MW but he is constantly showing us that he is not good enough at the level we need to be at.

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

If you are going to sit back and soak up the pressure then you need to be able to counter at pace to keep the other team honest. The tarrier back line didn't have anything to worry about in the first half as Waghorn, Miller and Garner aren't going to counter you and you can push up and squeeze the play, it meant we ended up camped in our own half with no out ball.

The problem was, really, that they scored so early, after a complete fuck up from our midfield.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know what you're saying but he's thought it was a good idea to bring Halliday in from the cold and start him ... that says something about his thoughts in regards to team selection also it's more tactical for me - that set up was pathetic you knew after 5 minutes of the game the tactics were to sit deep, stand off them showing them respect and let Brown waltz about like Xavi. That's not acceptable 

money should be spent on a combative midfielder someone like Kevin Thomson would be perfect as he could snap, tackle and also pass to a high standard. How many images are there out there of him from a few seasons ago winning tackles in Old Firm games? Then we've got that poofy wee fanny Halliday with pubes for a hair do ...

I agree Halliday isn't good enough but who else could replace Toral? Windass and McKay are even more powderpuff. Now that I'm thinking about it was Hodson fit? He could have played RB and Tav could have added a bit of bite in the middle of the park. He actually had not a bad game today despite giving away the penalty. Certainly didn't shite it like most of the rest. You could be right about the tactics to sit in though but strange we then go and play 3 out and out central strikers with no width and no pace to hit on the counter. Squad is a shambles.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I agree Halliday isn't good enough but who else could replace Toral? Windass and McKay are even more powderpuff. Now that I'm thinking about it was Hodson fit? He could have played RB and Tav could have added a bit of bite in the middle of the park. He actually had not a bad game today despite giving away the penalty. Certainly didn't shite it like most of the rest. You could be right about the tactics to sit in though but strange we then go and play 3 out and out central strikers with no width and no pace to hit on the counter. Squad is a shambles.

Our first signing needs to be a strong ball winning midfielder. We are lightweight in midfield. 

8 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I've read on here that the players haven't taken to him at all. I also work with a guy who knows Halliday's da who is saying the same thing (aye one of those Kenny Miller's neighbour stories so please take with a massive pinch of salt). Not an ideal situation for getting the best out a poor squad.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Don't judge him at all let's just keep blaming Warburton for his failings today 

when he brings in his own players and if they're shite too then probably Ashley, McCoist and Warburton will get the blame then too 

sorry I'm being a bit of a dick I know he needs investment and his own players to be properly judged but managers that send out powderpuff teams like that deserve criticism

I agree with you, he did send out a powderpuff team, but when you've got a full squad like that what else do you expect him to do? 

Just now, johanhentze said:

The problem was, really, that they scored so early, after a complete fuck up from our midfield.

We were camped in our own half even before the goal, eventually that pressure would have told. It wasn't until the changes that we actually came into the match. The tarriers defence is a weak point and we let them stroll through the first half.

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

Our first signing needs to be a strong ball winning midfielder. We are lightweight in midfield. 

I agree unless Rossiter can actually get fit. In fact I agree even if he can get fit as we can't put all our eggs in one basket. Next up should be a striker that can actually finish.

And to think people were saying our weakest part at the start of the season was in the centre half area. It's weak all over but we actually haven't conceded too many goals compared to the other teams around us in the league. Our goals scored stat i the league is embarrassing though.

9 minutes ago, kanjo said:

No the same £1.6 Garner who has done nothing all season but start fights, feign injury and misses a majority of chances in a game he gets.

I cannot believe anyone would still defend that guy.  I thought he'd improve after MW but he is constantly showing us that he is not good enough at the level we need to be at.

You had a go at his performance the day, no aw season. Make yer mind up.

3 minutes ago, Pennyboy said:

I agree with you, he did send out a powderpuff team, but when you've got a full squad like that what else do you expect him to do? 

There's a few things I'd have done differently mate - this what can he do line doesn't wash with me.

6 minutes ago, Pennyboy said:

Most of this powderpuff team will still be here next season. Not a chance these fairies are going to give up the good life at Rangers with the wages they are on and playing in front of 50,000 every second week.

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I've read on here that the players haven't taken to him at all. I also work with a guy who knows Halliday's da who is saying the same thing (aye one of those Kenny Miller's neighbour stories so please take with a massive pinch of salt). Not an ideal situation for getting the best out a poor squad.

I've heard the same (from people who are good mates with Halliday)

it says more about the players than Pedro though .. pay me 10k a week fucking right I'll do extra days training, pay the manager respect and take new ideas on board 

I wonder if their tunes will change when in 2 years they're turning out for the mighty Oldham on 1500 per week or Ross County