Judge Pedro next week

Dan Deacon

Sorry but I do think I will judge him on today.  He watched the whole first 45 mins with our team playing in their half.  I am not sure why we had two strikers on,  we were losing the midfield battle, and he should have addressed that sooner.   If he thought we were repeating the Aberdeen game with defending then getting breakaway goals he was sadly mistaken.   I would rather be surprised by him coming good next season  than the way we supported Warburton from the get go only for it to end in disappointment.  

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Kai_Johansen said:

He's the Rangers manager, he should be judged on every game we play. Although I do accept that he has inherited as poor a squad of players as he's ever likely to encounter in his entire career! 

On the contrary mate, i think this may well be his strongest. He's a managerial nobody with a dreadful record. He's never worked with players like some of the ones we have here. Kenny Miller is footballing royalty to Pedro! 

1 minute ago, cstamomusa said:

Sorry but I do think I will judge him on today.  He watched the whole first 45 mins with our team playing in their half.  I am not sure why we had two strikers on,  we were losing the midfield battle, and he should have addressed that sooner.   If he thought we were repeating the Aberdeen game with defending then getting breakaway goals he was sadly mistaken.   I would rather be surprised by him coming good next season  than the way we supported Warburton from the get go only for it to end in disappointment.  

He got lucky at Aberdeen.

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I've read on here that the players haven't taken to him at all. I also work with a guy who knows Halliday's da who is saying the same thing (aye one of those Kenny Miller's neighbour stories so please take with a massive pinch of salt). Not an ideal situation for getting the best out a poor squad.

Heard the same mate but if I had andy Halliday's chance the pope could be the Rangers manager and I'd be giving my all for the club I love 

Don't know what to make of Pedro's tactics today but I'm assuming that he wanted to soak up the pressure and hit on the break, so I have to wonder why Toral was left on the bench, I understand that he's not everyone's cup of tea but we had nobody in the middle today who could pass a ball to one of our own players and if you want to hit on the break that is what is needed and Toral is capable of a measured pass, if he was carrying a knock then fair enough.

He's probably been second guessing himself all week on how to combat sellic and I know he's just in the door but surely he's been around football long enough to know that both Waghorn and Garner could'nt hit a coo's arse with a banjo, if your tactics are to hit on the break then you need to have someone up front who have a decent % of hitting the target with the very few chances that are going to come your way so should have been Miller up front and Dodoo starting IMO.

I know it's all hindsight and all that but when I saw the starting line up I just couldn't understand what he was trying to achieve, and within 15 mins I was as lost as those players on the park.

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

On the contrary mate, i think this may well be his strongest. He's a managerial nobody with a dreadful record. He's never worked with players like some of the ones we have here. Kenny Miller is footballing royalty to Pedro! 

You're having a laugh, surely!

Just now, Kai_Johansen said:

Your having a laugh, surely!

Trophies and titles aplenty north and south of the border, countless international caps and goals, played in numerous huge huge games, cup finals, semis, Pedro won't have managed many, if any, with the sort of reputation or career Kenny has had. 

His Mexican team were shite and his Qatari team were also absolutely hopeless mate. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I agree unless Rossiter can actually get fit. In fact I agree even if he can get fit as we can't put all our eggs in one basket. Next up should be a striker that can actually finish.

And to think people were saying our weakest part at the start of the season was in the centre half area. It's weak all over but we actually haven't conceded too many goals compared to the other teams around us in the league. Our goals scored stat i the league is embarrassing though.

Out of our current Strikers I would only keep Dodoo, 

Waghorn can't finish. 

Miller can we rely on him for another year? 

Garner English Sebo get rid. 

Pedro has made us harder to break down but we need to hit teams quickly on the break, and we don't have the pace in the side to do that. 

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

Key point in his post match press conference about moving on to next week.

That's his first team against Celtic. He didn't get it right or the players had no fight whichever way you look at it.

It's next week that we'll get a better measure of what he can do tactically to exploit any weaknesses he seen today in their team and build on any strengths in ours.

What weaknesses? All I could see was wave after wave of hoops attack. hey bossed us all over the park and they are by no means world beaters, but they are miles ahead of us.

These ugly ducklings are never ever going to turn into swans. They are what they are and no amount of tinkering with selection or change of tactics is going to change that. The scum won with ease and had more gears in reserve. 

Jose couldn't get that team to tactically exploit shite. We just need to limit the damage as it is obvious to a blind man that we are no match if they decide to turn up and that's the best we can hope for, but I'm sure they will turn up to maintain their unbeaten run as we are the last team they want to lose it to.

We need a serious clear out, but it will not happen until we get serious investment to make the challenge, so it won't be happening anytime soon.

It far too early to judge Pedro, but on todays performance you have to say he got his tactics wrong.

Why we started with 3 no9 playing I've no idea. It didn't work and he should of changed it after 25 minutes and not waited till half time.

Why he brought Halliday in for Toral is a mystery too, unless Torals carrying an injury.

But we can't fully judge him until he has the chance to bring in his own players.

11 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Even so, Jose himself couldn't win shit with this squad. They are absolutely fucking rank. They aint his players and I doubt he will be getting such a budget that will change anything, so it will be more of the same shite next season, so I'd be lowering the expectations or start a revolution against the board. As for the scum next week, I'd forget any winning. A draw at best that will maintain their unbeaten record, otherwise if they do decide turn up, we could be in for a serious roasting.

1 minute ago, five stars said:

It far too early to judge Pedro, but on todays performance you have to say he got his tactics wrong.

Why we started with 3 no9 playing I've no idea. It didn't work and he should of changed it after 25 minutes and not waited till half time.

Why he brought Halliday in for Toral is a mystery too, unless Torals carrying an injury.

But we can't fully judge him until he has the chance to bring in his own players.

I don't think you could judge him or any other manager with this squad, they are that bad. Maybe aganst the smaller teams, but against the scum, we are dreaming.

21 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

His Rangers career could be over before he's even had a transfer window. Another managerial horror show next week and many fans will turn. Early doors or not. 

yup. It almost sounds daft, but the reality is that continual gubbings by the taigs and he could be finished before he starts. Like it or lump it the taigs are the benchmark in this country at the moment and he will be measured by his success and failure against them both in individual matches and in competitions. 

If he has a poor start next season and we are on the receiving end of another gubbing he might not see halloween never mind xmas.

59 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

You had a go at his performance the day, no aw season. Make yer mind up.

Today justified his season.  Tell me, since we're both in the mood for debating this.... what part of Garner makes you confident he will be a winner with Rangers? what has he done at all?

Quality strikers who don't score goals still show they have something about them.  Garner shows nothing.  Zilch... unless of course I've been watching a differen't Joe Garner and as i've said I leave it to you to justify his price tag to me now.  I don't think you will be able to but i'd be happy to know either way.

Just now, kanjo said:

Today justified his season.  Tell me, since we're both in the mood for debating this.... what part of Garner makes you confident he will be a winner with Rangers? what has he done at all?

Quality strikers who don't score goals still show they have something about them.  Garner shows nothing.  Zilch... unless of course I've been watching a differen't Joe Garner and as i've said I leave it to you to justify his price tag to me now.  I don't think you will be able to but i'd be happy to know either way.

Take yer snidey wee comments tae fuck ya ride.

I'm no saying he's a world beater by any stretch of the imagination. If you'd taken Waghorn off instead of Garner, he would have buried one of they chances.

2 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Spot on mate,

Strange how some folk don't see the big picture.

We can see the big picture but there's people that can't see the short term picture and that's the mistakes that's getting made right now, too.

the people who your saying can't see the big picture has anyone of them said on here that these players aren't shite and are just what we need? If they have said that then yeah they're missing the big picture but there's 2 pictures to be seen here not just the "bigger picture"

Just now, docspiderman said:

Naive tactics/set up and most obviously managed to get the players to feel down and beaten at the start of the game. I have never seen a Rangers team who were not up for an old firm game.

100% agree mate , the managers job no matter his players is to set up the team to give them their best possible chance to win , Pedro didn't do that today 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly 

no idea why a majority of people can't see this. 

How the hell do you know the players followed the managers plan?

Pedro has stated time and time again he wants the players to attack the ball when in possession and when not in possession with aggression and haste - this was clearly not being done throughout the game.

It's easier to believe this bunch of players are a bunch of shitebags who are easily pushed around and controlled by the opposition rather than Pedro going against his stated philosophy.

These players have a history of being shitebags, Pedro does not.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

How the hell do you know the players followed the managers plan?

Pedro has stated time and time again he wants the players to attack the ball when in possession and when not in possession with aggression and haste - this was clearly not being done throughout the game.

It's easier to believe this bunch of players are a bunch of shitebags who are easily pushed around and controlled by the opposition rather than Pedro going against his stated philosophy.

These players have a history of being shitebags, Pedro does not.

I like a good conspiracy - I however can only comment on what I see 

did he really start Halliday? Or should I not know he really did that either?