Judge Pedro next week

Dan Deacon

1 minute ago, OhW said:

So many people saying "judge him when he has his own players", which is understandable of course. Is nobody worried about the players he brings in though? I know that Rashid Sumaila was only a rumour but if that's the standard Pedro has in mind, I am very worried.

He's been brought in on the cheap and he will bring in free players and cheap players and Loans, will make it hard for him even if he has any ability as Manager which is still to be determined yet.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early to judge Pedro , im undecided and willing to give him a chance with his own signings.  However whatever way you dress it up he had a nightmare yesterday. Team selection and tactics all wrong. Having a laugh at the final whistle after  an OF defeat isnt the done thing around here and maybe had he selected Alex Rae, Ferguson or Bomber he might be a bit more clued up.

He is fortunate he has the chance to turn this round in a week. He needs to get it right and the players owe  us a big performance. 

As much as im willing to let him prove himself if Pedro plays Waghorn next week questions will be asked.

"They deserved to win and we could have done, and should have done, much better."

On the basis of this statement from Pedro this is why his Rangers career should be judged starting next weekend. The scum game is fundamental to prove he isn't all sound bites.

1 hour ago, Gazza2258 said:

Agree.  Was getting texts at game yesterday from guys i travel to games with, who couldnt get a ticket, and independently 3 who were watching it on the tele said we looked scared.  When i watched it back on tele last night, it looked like that.

You watched that back on telly. A brave man.

Thing is we get pumped on Saturday folk will say Judge Pedro next season, then if we continue to struggle it will be you can't judge him without proper investment.

A managers job is to set up his players, tactics and take the heat if we don't perform. He get's judged regardless not just when we beat Aberdeen or the likes.

Folk can't have it both ways.

9 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

It will be 15 games into next season when we get what he is really about. That will be his second phase so to speak.....with signings. This is his first phase. The Board wanted to find out if he could improve the existing squad. Jury is out ATM.

Mer pish, as Jose couldn't improve this dire squad. More buying of time and saving money. This guy was hired as the patsy.

Absolutely not; he is not immune to criticism, just because this is Warburton's squad.

Graeme Murty, our fucking under-20s coach, managed to take a point from Parkhead with that squad.

Caixinha got his set-up badly wrong. I'm willing to put his post-match comments down to the language barrier, but organising the team to sit very, very deep at Hampden, allowing Brown acres of space, setting-out with little to no width; that is on Caixinha.

Next week is too late. Next week means fuck all. We can achieve absolutely zero next week.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Mer pish, as Jose couldn't improve this dire squad. More buying of time and saving money. This guy was hired as the patsy.

There are always instances where a manager can improve an existing squads performances. Murty actually done that. This is the way it is going to be, then the signings. Got to deal with the reality BA. It's pish for all of us. We are trying and hoping here with no real money. Nobody is brimming with confidence but who wants fucking moaners on the Lifeboat?  I have no opinion on your view but I see no alternatives ATM.

Not going to give an opinion on PC either as It is early. What is the point of no confidence and hunches. Time will tell.

38 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Absolutely not; he is not immune to criticism, just because this is Warburton's squad.

Graeme Murty, our fucking under-20s coach, managed to take a point from Parkhead with that squad.

Caixinha got his set-up badly wrong. I'm willing to put his post-match comments down to the language barrier, but organising the team to sit very, very deep at Hampden, allowing Brown acres of space, setting-out with little to no width; that is on Caixinha.

Next week is too late. Next week means fuck all. We can achieve absolutely zero next week.

We can at least end this unbeatables drivel. An OF win would get the team and fans jazzed up, we still have 2nd place to fight for. Big games vs Hearts and the Sheep.

judge him Christmas 2017, he has to pick what he has left. The players have to take much of the responsibility here, i think pedro got the formation at the start wrong, but there is no way in hell he told those players to stand off every man in your half or theirs, and to not want the ball. The players shat themselves. Very very very few of these players have any pride or determination to try and even salvage pride if not a result. you could see clearly no rangers player wanted the ball, they were to afraid of making mistakes. Fuck me even when celtic hand ten men nobody said right come press high lets put them under pressure here. 

He deserves some judgement rather than a complete free pass, a manager's aim has to be to get the best out of what is available rather than just relying on transfer windows

Not like he'll be getting sacked or anything, we can't change managers every five minutes but he was the board's choice after spending a good few weeks deciding so they need to back him up

8 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

judge him Christmas 2017, he has to pick what he has left. The players have to take much of the responsibility here, i think pedro got the formation at the start wrong, but there is no way in hell he told those players to stand off every man in your half or theirs, and to not want the ball. The players shat themselves. Very very very few of these players have any pride or determination to try and even salvage pride if not a result. you could see clearly no rangers player wanted the ball, they were to afraid of making mistakes. Fuck me even when celtic hand ten men nobody said right come press high lets put them under pressure here. 

This is more nonsense. He has players who it is his job to get the best out of; he has players who should have and did play better against them in the past. The manager has to do it now, to prove he is good enough for the job. So if he doesn't pick a back four of Hodson, Bates, Wilson, and Beerman; and a midfield of Tavernier, Toral, Hyndman, and Holt, then we can't judge his selection? He saw the match when we played them at their ground; did he not learn from that? He is supposed to have said the players were not in the proper frame of mind; was that nothing to do with him? He won't be given any such timescale, and he will need to prove right away that he is the man for the job. 

The guy is what he is,a total unknown with zero experience at any level. What has never been asked or explained is where the fuck our glorious board dug his name out of. The guy actually looked to be getting more enjoyment from that fiasco yesterday than Brenda was. We can't afford a clear out and can't afford new players so whoever came in was going to have to work with the shite available and sadly Pedro the bullsitter ain't the man for the job,it's not his fault but down to the charlatans running our club

9 hours ago, danger ranger said:

He is now coming out with the players were too tense and he had to talk to them nicely before the game ffs, it's a old firm game, he said that they were not in the right frame of mind. This pedro is full of shite and the more he opens his gub makes us look like...well like the fools we are.

See this is something I don't understand, when he was talked about pre-signing, I heard he was tough on players and would stand no nonsense.  I expected him to really fire them up and make them want to play well for him.  One of the players said after the game he didn't talk to them, he doesn't do that as he wanted to talk the next day after reflection.  The manager should have been soo angry after that game he should have been ripping the shit out of them.  The same goes for the team talk at half-time, the 2nd half was better but still no real fire in their bellies.