Foderingham.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame him at all for the first, Wilson and Haliday are to blame for that. 

Second goal yes he should have came for the ball and once he got to the penalty he should have got a stronger hand to it. 

He isn't by any means the best keeper we've had in recent memory but he's saved us a fair few times this season and had a few stops yesterday. Doesn't warrant the criticism the rest do. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It's not something I'll be looking at anytime soon.

Roll on Saturday to try salvage some pride for this season,

Play like we did in the last 15 minutes & we've a (small) shout.

Not confident at all - from memory, most of these back to back clashes tend to go their way (an exception being Walter's last season).

14 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I don't blame him for the 1st goal but from what I remember maybe he could have came off his line for the second and he was close with the pen.

He done ok as did Bates, Beerman, Miller and Tav.

His view was maybe blocked for the first, but regardless, a decent keeper shouldnt be beat from a side foot along the deck from the edge of the box.

Say what you like about Allan McGregor, he mostly stopped shots like that. 

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Play like we did in the last 15 minutes & we've a (small) shout.

Not confident at all - from memory, most of these back to back clashes tend to go their way (an exception being Walter's last season).

I can't understand why we never pressed them similar to Murty as they don't like that. It was just all wrong especially the first 60 odd minutes. Baffling.

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

His view was maybe blocked for the first, but regardless, a decent keeper shouldnt be beat from a side foot along the deck from the edge of the box.

Say what you like about Allan McGregor, he mostly stopped shots like that. 

I've not seen it proper to question his feet but Gilks was the man for me.

15 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I can't understand why we never pressed them similar to Murty as they don't like that. It was just all wrong especially the first 60 odd minutes. Baffling.

No - a most bizarre game.

By most measures we got a proper chasing, but they didn't finish us off & we ended up with enough presentable chances to have drawn & possibly won it.

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think not being able to get the ball for the first 60 might have something to do with it.

16 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Quite surprised at the lack of criticism of him on here today. Thought his positioning for the first goal was awful and then if he had came out to clear the ball instead of changing his mind and leaving it for Tav to make a last ditch tackle we could have avoided conceding the penalty as well.

Maybe it's time to see what Alnwick has to offer in these remaining games since we've nothing to play for now anyway.

totally agree, he didny have a clue where he was in the first goal, and for the second jesus, a lot of folk blaming Tav, it was a poorly timed tackle, but Fod should have been out and blasting that into the stands

34 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think not being able to get the ball for the first 60 might have something to do with it.

I dont mean us pressing in attack but pressing when they have it which can force mistakes to regain the possession but we sat back and invited them onto us which foolishly played into their hands.