After The Defeat

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I just hope that he's experimenting with formations and tactics etc, he's only got another 5 games left in order to find out who he can trust and who to let go, but by fuck I'd hate to be in his shoes right now, knowing he needs a clear out but will be getting no help from King and his cohorts, many sleepless nights ahead for Pedro.

"Hi David, nice of you to fly in to see me... I need to get rid of a, b, c and x, y and z."

-Oh. That would be expensive. You'll have to work with what you've got.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anybody who blames the piss poor performance on our man Pedro I'll personally see to it that they're windaes will get put in after I finish work tomorrow.

Absolutely bang out of order the excuses I've heard after the game yesterday,he's working with the ex managers team.

Waghorn if you're reading this son,get tae fuck right now ya geordie luddite bastard.

Before you start smashing those windows in.. Maybe you can ask Pedro to stop referring to Celtc players/manager as Brendan and Scott.

He also got his tactics and line up totally wrong and the buck stops with the manager.

Should have kept Murty in charge,At least we put up a fight against the unwashed and could have beat them in their own dump.

Noticed also Tavernier said in his interview that the manager doesn't say anything to them after a game even if they win,lose or draw,Quite odd given most managers would be ripping them a new arsehole after such a cowardly performance yesterday.

When you play against a team who have better players,You don't stand off them and admire them,Give them plenty of room with the ball and let them pass it around.. You get in their faces,close them down and make them play the ball.

PC also sat in the stand at the san giro and watched them play,Judging by yesterday he didn't learn a thing from that game.

I'll wait to see who he bring in in the summer, But won't be holding my breathe for a team of much better quality to challenge the unwashed unless big bucks are spent and if it's signings of the nature of loans,free transfers and  100k players we can also forget next season.

The unwashed aren't either 30 odd points better than us or miles ahead of us, They are £15m/£20m better than us and if we were to spend that on at least 5 much better quality players we can compete for the title, But that won't be happening.

If King can't pony up the money,Then he should go and find someone who will invest in the team,sell his shares and go back to South Africa and drink himself into a stuper with his wine.

We can't keep the ball for more than three passes now without losing it or just hoofing it forward. Whatever he's trying to teach them at training is not working. He also talks a lot of shite about stimulations, adaptations, football being all about moments, or about the transitions. But using the eyeball test all I'm seeing is junk football.

We've been shit against Motherwell, Kilmarnock, much of the Aberdeen game, the first half against Thistle, and now this. There's no sign yet outwith being unable to keep possession and playing hoof ball that Pedro is coaching anything. Anyone know who even recommended him to the board? I read they gave him the job because he done well at the interview. That's the least important thing with a crucial job in football. 

I just hope we see signs of improvement in our play before handing him money to spend in the summer. Surely we should see some evidence of what he's working on with the squad on the pitch. Looks more like we are going backwards to me. 

It was clearly a tactic to stand off then and let them play in their own half and then try to press them only as they came into ours. It looked to me that he was trying to play counter attacking football but we didn't have the players for it. Not enough pace and we stood off them in both halves of the pitch. No enough squeezing once the came into the danger area. If he was trying the Walter Smith tactic it failed dramatically. 

Irrespective. Tactics and formation were wrong. Manager takes just as much blame as the gutless players 

We could have a manager with £30M to spend coming up to this match and it wouldn't have made fuck all difference because there's no fucking transfer window (I know that's stating the obvious but it gives perspective on the manager's position prior to the game) and we have a squad of players that could be playing in Ireland in 1-0 H/T, 1-1 89th minute, 4-5 F/T.

This is to say the OP is correct you can't make honey out of dug shit.

The transfer window will tell us what we need to know; If Pedro talks about how we have a talented squad extra prepared for the season ahead, that he's happy with investment and backing received and he then signs 2 crocks, 3 released players, a guy at 37, 2 loans and hands 3 or 4 in the team new deals then we'll know we're fucked and that Pedro is the next yes-man to take the fall for this clusterfuck.

Until then we can't hold fuck all against him whether you agree with tactics, formation, selections etc. or not.

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anybody who blames the piss poor performance on our man Pedro I'll personally see to it that they're windaes will get put in after I finish work tomorrow.

Absolutely bang out of order the excuses I've heard after the game yesterday,he's working with the ex managers team.

Waghorn if you're reading this son,get tae fuck right now ya geordie luddite bastard.

The manager isn't blameless mate!

This is the same squad that Murty managed to pull together and put in a much better performance against Celtic, away from home as well. 

Poor starting 11, poor tactical decisions but he did change it and it worked to an extent. 

Indont know why he didn't stick with the formation and tactic that beat Aberdeen and Thistle, but swapped Dodoo for McKay. 

The issues really are we are kinda stuck with what e have in the most part - mediocre/poor players ad a mediocre manager.

Anyone who thinks we will spend a small fortune in replacing and better upgrading the players are deluded.  Yip we may spend a few mil and move a few players in and watch new ones come in; will it be enough to mount a challenge? ?

I like Pedro, and was bying into his approach and thought we may get a winner with this gamble,  in truth it is a massive gamble.  His appointment is totally influenced by resources, if we could am have afforded it would we have went for a higher calibre? I'm sure we would've.

Yesterday was sickening and being an ex-player I believe that when you opponent has superior skills, talent etc. Than yourself then you make up that defiect with passion, energy, fight and determination...From what I seen we lacked this totally and Pedro needs to accept his portion of responsibility - although not my choice I can understand his team selection...It didn't work at all.

He needs to focus on making us hard to beat for the moment, drill the players ina formation and system that bulks us up in the midfield and sccomodate or best players.

It has to be a 4-2-3-1

Wes.

Tav. Hill. Wilson. Beerman. 

Holt. Toral.

Windass. Hyndman. Dodoo.

Miller.

Windass is the only one I'm not 100% sold on, but deserves a chance to stake a claim.  Holt and Toral not allowed ahead of the ball.

7 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He contributed to it in my eyes but agree we shouldn't place the burden of blame at his doorstep.

4 hours ago, Bakbear said:

It was clearly a tactic to stand off then and let them play in their own half and then try to press them only as they came into ours. It looked to me that he was trying to play counter attacking football but we didn't have the players for it. Not enough pace and we stood off them in both halves of the pitch. No enough squeezing once the came into the danger area. If he was trying the Walter Smith tactic it failed dramatically. 

Irrespective. Tactics and formation were wrong. Manager takes just as much blame as the gutless players 

Looked like it was a tactic however I watched the utterly shit Garner and Waghorn both vent at the players behind them to come out and press. Somebody wasn't understanding the tactics - probably that pair. 

1 hour ago, JC10 said:

Pedro made a couple of tactical errors but the players need to shoulder the blame for that. I'm not even sure they didn't try, the problem is that they're just shite.

Absolutely. Technically just not good enough. 

4 hours ago, Bakbear said:

It wasn't. He said as much after the game.

Not blaming him, but surely no one realistically believes he's the man we need to get us back on top.

This is a bit different to Warburton who seemed like an exciting manager with potential, and most folk were optimistic about him coming in. Of course it's proven to be a disaster but not many (if any) predicted it. 

I personally wouldn't be trusting this guy with huge sums of money to make the right signings.

Think Pedros approach isnt being well received with our pampered lot.

I am hoping that the players arent fully understanding or capable of what he is asking and this will change over time and with recruitment.

Though part of me is a bit worried that we have a cathro type manager with all the patter and mostly theory driven ideals, whilst the on field stuff is a total disaster.

7 hours ago, William McBeath said:

We can't keep the ball for more than three passes now without losing it or just hoofing it forward. Whatever he's trying to teach them at training is not working. He also talks a lot of shite about stimulations, adaptations, football being all about moments, or about the transitions. But using the eyeball test all I'm seeing is junk football.

We've been shit against Motherwell, Kilmarnock, much of the Aberdeen game, the first half against Thistle, and now this. There's no sign yet outwith being unable to keep possession and playing hoof ball that Pedro is coaching anything. Anyone know who even recommended him to the board? I read they gave him the job because he done well at the interview. That's the least important thing with a crucial job in football. 

I just hope we see signs of improvement in our play before handing him money to spend in the summer. Surely we should see some evidence of what he's working on with the squad on the pitch. Looks more like we are going backwards to me. 

That is what I noticed most yesterday. They would play it back to their defence often using their keeper and keep possession. It went back to Wes and the resulting kick out was often then won by the opposition or quickly lost

8 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Was he a bullfighter or a bullshitter

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fuck it. It was the manager's fault.

Right new windows coming up courtesy of the GHA:mutley: