After The Defeat

BridgeIsBlue

As said before if you are manager then you simply have to take some of the blame if you have a poor result. Tactics, selection and other factors all matter.

Murty got a draw with the same dross so it's not like it's not possible to get at them in some ways. 

We gave Pedro credit for Aberdeen so it's only fair he is questioned when we have a poor result no?

I get the squad is shite but we can't just overlook results and performances otherwise what was the point in hiring him? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong team selection, Garner, Halliday and Waghorn should have been nowhere near the park. Even injured Toral would have been better than Halliday, Dodoo up front with Miller.

KM was right they didn't turn up, no steel in the midfield. I lost count of the passes that went straight to a scum player mainly when we were trying to play our way out of trouble.

15 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anybody who blames the piss poor performance on our man Pedro I'll personally see to it that they're windaes will get put in after I finish work tomorrow.

Absolutely bang out of order the excuses I've heard after the game yesterday,he's working with the ex managers team.

Waghorn if you're reading this son,get tae fuck right now ya geordie luddite bastard.

Come ahead .I'm in a portal cabin ?

I said it yesterday and will say it again since upon reflection my view hasn't changed.

i honestly believe he set the team out to be compact and hard to break down. Tire them out and then (as at the sheep) bring on pacey players to hurt them. In other words the rope-a-dope.

Needs 100% concentration to work. Halliday didn't play against the sheep but did yesterday and his laziness led to the first goal. Fod made the error in the second goal in not coming out. So individual errors led to the goals.

His plan may have worked had we kept it to 0-0 until 50 or 60 mins then make the changes but 1) we'll never know and 2) would have had to endure 60 mins of relentless attacks.

i don't think that's the way to beat them tbh, you need to disrupt their normal game, not even half a second on the ball without a blue jersey closing down.

he got it wrong and needs to learn but in saying that the players were appalling and must shoulder the blame too.

if waghorn starts next weekend my confidence in Pedros judgement will definitely wobble.

On 24/04/2017 at 1:04 AM, KingKirk said:

Who would ye replace waggy with same with andy? With respect mate all these players aren't up to it doesn't matter what 11 ye pick the are all equally as shit.

That was our strongest possible 11 the day (wallace and hill apart) IMO so the gaffer couldn't win 

I'd have gone for 451 and Waghorn wouldn't even be in the squad.   Halliday is a nightmare.

Back four of Hodson, Wilson, Hill, Beerman then midfield of Tavernier, Hyndman, Miller, Holt and Windass,   Front man Garner.   I'd have brought Dodoo on for Garner in the second half.     Before anyone goes on about Hill not being fully fit then he shouldn't have been on the bench.  Same with Toral who I may have also put on in 2nd half.

Everyone mentions that murty got something from them ok granted he did? But tell me was that a tactical masterclass or did we just get lucky??? I think its the former! Celtic had a bad day & our players just looked to have that extra bit because celtic was off the pace. It shows that teams mentality is poor that u can get a draw at piggery but choke in a semi final, the fact the assistant said they were tense shows these imposters shat it before a ball was kicked & no matter what players formations or tactics we picked we were beat already, no playee there has a rangers mentality, so how can u say all pedros fault? I honestly think the idea was to press them soon as they got in our half but the players did themselvs or club no favours by being gutless im afraid.

4 hours ago, Fredrick said:

Everyone mentions that murty got something from them ok granted he did? But tell me was that a tactical masterclass or did we just get lucky??? I think its the former! Celtic had a bad day & our players just looked to have that extra bit because celtic was off the pace. It shows that teams mentality is poor that u can get a draw at piggery but choke in a semi final, the fact the assistant said they were tense shows these imposters shat it before a ball was kicked & no matter what players formations or tactics we picked we were beat already, no playee there has a rangers mentality, so how can u say all pedros fault? I honestly think the idea was to press them soon as they got in our half but the players did themselvs or club no favours by being gutless im afraid.

so when do we see the DEVIL in pedro :anger:

4 hours ago, Fredrick said:

But tell me was that a tactical masterclass or did we just get lucky??? I think its the former!

So you think it was a tactical masterclass then? Either that or you're getting confused about what the word former means. Going by the rest of your post I'm going to guess it's the latter. 

On 24/04/2017 at 0:21 AM, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anybody who blames the piss poor performance on our man Pedro I'll personally see to it that they're windaes will get put in after I finish work tomorrow.

Absolutely bang out of order the excuses I've heard after the game yesterday,he's working with the ex managers team.

Waghorn if you're reading this son,get tae fuck right now ya geordie luddite bastard.

You're usually one of my favourite posters but that's a massive WOW man .. fucking hell. We all know he's only got utter dross to work with that Warburton's left him with but you seriously can't you see he made some glaring mistakes yesterday?  edit Sunday.

15 hours ago, Fredrick said:

Murty set the team up well, got them playing they way they should've, that's the diference.

Manager's tactics on Sunday were just wrong and you can't blame Warburton for that but his predecessor consistently failed to learn from his mistakes so lets see how Pedro does on Saturday.

Clearly he will need to be given time and money to create a squad that reflects his ideas on football but I'm afraid Sunday's lie down wasn't acceptable and Pedro will have to learn that.

Couple of things that get me, first as I said at the time if pedro was the best candidate on the list who else was on it? And is that now 3 games where he has made changes at half time so it would seem he is not setting the side up correctly to start with which you may get away with against the motherwells and particks but not the better sides, and I still say they should have gone for Pardew!

On 24/04/2017 at 0:27 AM, BridgeIsBlue said:

1. Who's he meant to pick including injuries? Dodoo should've started instead of Waghorn so I'll give you that.

2. Subs. Worked to an extent Dodoo came on and lit the game up for us but there you go.

Said to my old man during the game that the problem we've had all season long is a lack of physical presence in midfield,and that was exploited today by that lego eating spastic,he ran the game today.

The physical presence in midfield this season was supposed to come from Barton, Crooks and Rossiter.

That went well, didn't it?

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You're usually one of my favourite posters but that's a massive WOW man .. fucking hell. We all know he's only got utter dross to work with that Warburton's left him with but you seriously can't you see he made some glaring mistakes yesterday?  edit Sunday.

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

heres @BridgeIsBlue coming to pan ma windaes!!! run

giphy (11).gif

That wasn't me on Sunday a big boy done it and ran away.

Seen him drop 50 quid while sprinting for the bus as well.

All kidding aside though he did make some mistakes and of course he's not totally blameless as he picks the players.

But the stuff I was reading at full time on here was giving me the boak :lol:

I said it on here when he was announced as manager,we go on to have a decent end to the season win the SC and clinch second place,he'll be the next Mourinho.

Or we have a poor end to a disastrous season and he'll be no better than Warburton,he can't win either way.

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Murty set the team up well, got them playing they way they should've, that's the diference.

Lucky :lol: fuck off, with that pish, arguably deserved it as well.

No, look again, he's saying it was a tactical masterclass

:mutley:

We only have Miller as a leader and the Rangers mentality. No coincidence he has been our best player which shows where we are when he is 37.

We need winners and leaders to bring on the others.

Pedro seems to have a winning mentality by the way he speaks but we need to see the actions next season.

I'm not saying he was the only poor performer but WTF was Halliday on?

He could have had no complaints had he been red carded for the Roberts challenge & he was AWOL at the first goal.

Aside from his goal v Hibs in the SC Final, the best position he's taken up in the last year was in the Broomie with the Union Bears after the Dumbarton game.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:22 AM, ForeverAndEver said:

He takes some blame, his shite team selection and his shite subs.

Agreed add in his 'cuddle' with the trannie man and my doubts about him are even more.