whitecity

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of what he says in that article is ok. I'm just glad he sent them out to do something different from what I seen.

The stuff about the pre-match talk just sounds like more Pedro babble. I do think the players are not thinking much of his training and methods because it's strange none of them have gave the manager or his methods praise like the usually do with a new boss. Even the professional and positive Miller just said it was different, which seemed a bit negative to me even at the time.

Now I look at how we've been playing and think his coaching might be a lot of shite as we're more rotten than before. 

But atleast he was hoping for something different. Does anyone know what his style is because we don't pass much and either lose possession or lump it forward? It's been mostly garbage so far.

The board better hope this guy doesn't turn out to be a diddy as it was them who went out on a whim and found him. Did they ever say who recommended him?

Most of the time he just talks a lot of crap about adaptations and transitions then smiles at the camera as if all pleased with himself sounding clever. It's been worse than Warburton.

I'm pissed off because this was a massive appointment for us and all the signs have been poor so far. The only crumb of comfort right now is that he has a long background in the game and might know what he's doing long-term. 

Our team were bricking it, the gaffer was told to go easy cos we are all delicate flowers.  

The boss altered his speech and said "I cannot wait to get rid of most of you but you're gonna have to play today so go and run about free"

Waghorn was rocking gently in the corner clutching his knees

Too much weight on the psychology of his methodolgy.  Someone spots the players are not up for it and scared, then you adapt your behaviour to accommodate that by being all nice and gentle to help them not be so scared.

This is my line of work, and imo the totally wrong approach, he should be getting them in the dressing room and naming what he sees (the fear) and giving them a rocket, adding extra responsibility on each players.  Almost giving them so many reasons to get on the park and do them then the players can only compete like animals for 90 mins. 

If throughout the game players are still scared you sub then.

Pull that apart after the game this week to establish the reasons they feel inferior etc.

A load of bullshit.  It worries me though that one of our biggest games of the season and players are not up for it.

'Please, in your pre-match speech, don't be strong, don't be so tough. They need to feel a little bit more freedom.' "He thought they were totally focused but not enjoying it. "Maybe when you are not feeling that freedom, you don't enjoy it and perform the way you need. So we were a little bit blocked. If you are blocked, even if you have the best organisation and ideas in the world, then you cannot perform."

I took it as meaning, If you are angry then you don't see the whole picture. so Pedro gave them a bit of slack. Maybe they thought being hard on them would result in red cards, Maybe Pedro needs to take a look at that anger, why it's there and focus it into something positive on the pitch.

Players shouldn't need any form of motivation before running out at hampden in front of tens of thousands of bears on a gloriously sunny day in a Scottish cup semi against that lot. 

None what so ever - if it was felt they needed some sort of speech then they are at the wrong club ffs. 

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Our team were bricking it, the gaffer was told to go easy cos we are all delicate flowers.  

The boss altered his speech and said "I cannot wait to get rid of most of you but you're gonna have to play today so go and run about free"

Waghorn was rocking gently in the corner clutching his knees

The amount of fouls suggest otherwise, I think they lost their focus when the first goal went in, then regained it shortly after half time then lost it again after the penalty.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

The amount of fouls suggest otherwise, I think they they lost their focus when the first goal went in, then regained it shortly after half time then lost it again after the penalty.

I think the amount of fouls absolutely do suggest that I reckon.  Being scared, doesn't always mean being scared that your opponent will out match you physically.  

It all comes down to perception, the team had a perception that they are a better team and we are the under dogs. We would need a miracle sort of mindset, that's why they were scared...so it tells me that communication between the management and the players seem a little dis-jointed...What message were the players receiving from Pedro and his team in preperation?

Applying a psychology element to this is perfectly fine and I'm sure it would be helpful and it may just be a cultural thing for Pedro to understand Scotland better?  

I just hope Pedro 'gets it'  I want players scared to return to the dressing room after that performance, not before a ball is kicked.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Players shouldn't need any form of motivation before running out at hampden in front of tens of thousands of bears on a gloriously sunny day in a Scottish cup semi against that lot. 

None what so ever - if it was felt they needed some sort of speech then they are at the wrong club ffs. 

That sums up perfectly why most of this squad are not good enough to be at our club. Winning should be in the DNA but with a lot of this team its not

29 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I think the amount of fouls absolutely do suggest that I reckon.  Being scared, doesn't always mean being scared that your opponent will out match you physically.  

It all comes down to perception, the team had a perception that they are a better team and we are the under dogs. We would need a miracle sort of mindset, that's why they were scared...so it tells me that communication between the management and the players seem a little dis-jointed...What message were the players receiving from Pedro and his team in preperation?

Applying a psychology element to this is perfectly fine and I'm sure it would be helpful and it may just be a cultural thing for Pedro to understand Scotland better?  

I just hope Pedro 'gets it'  I want players scared to return to the dressing room after that performance, not before a ball is kicked.

Good point.There could be an element of both they're not scared to make the challenge, but maybe panic sets in when they win the ball and don't utilise it properly. It is something that needs to be addressed, Pedro has a job on his hands, taking out the previous managers influence on the players.

Jock Wallace use to focus on fitness and character building this is what made him a successful manager. The value of Pedro's training methods show similarities in the psychological and physical approach of Wallace.

Being honest, I genuinely find it incredibly difficult to understand what Pedro is saying in pressers and  pre/post match interviews.

It's worth affording him a bit of slack due to the fact that English isn't his first language, but if he can't get his point across in a watered-down way to the fans and the media, then what are the players thinking when he's going over in-depth tactical nuances?

I'm waiting patiently until next season before judging the guy, but the initial signs have not been positive.

3 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Being honest, I genuinely find it incredibly difficult to understand what Pedro is saying in pressers and  pre/post match interviews.

It's worth affording him a bit of slack due to the fact that English isn't his first language, but if he can't get his point across in a watered-down way to the fans and the media, then what are the players thinking when he's going over in-depth tactical nuances?

I'm waiting patiently until next season before judging the guy, but the initial signs have not been positive.

This I exactly how I have felt since I first heard him.

5 minutes ago, Bydo said:

He wasn't my choice but he's growing on me.  I accept he needs time to make the necessary changes. 

32 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Agree totally, I couldn't imagine any of our stalwart managers succumbing to such timid airy fairy doctrine or excusing gutless performances by applying them.

An iron rod is required not Psychobabble or feather dusters,how can a team that harried and closed down Aberdeen completely turn in a spineless show like yesterday.

Can you imagine Jock Wallace or Walter Smith having that, no chance. Players should be congratulated and held up as being a good example when they play well but they should know that when there performances are rank (like that piss poor first half yesterday) then they should fear a roasting.

Guys turning into Warburton the second already I fear talking nonsense, not appreciating what it's like to be at this club with his laughing with Brendan at the end, using fucking glasses on a table to explain what went wrong etc.

It might not be popular but Jackson called it right this morning - he set his team out for an old firm battle by not engaging in it - ffs even Warburtons team at Ibrox got stuck in for the first half and Murty's team for 90 minutes at Parkhead 

Im sick of experiments gone wrong tbh 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Guys turning into Warburton the second already I fear talking nonsense, not appreciating what it's like to be at this club with his laughing with Brendan at the end, using fucking glasses on a table to explain what went wrong etc.

It might not be popular but Jackson called it right this morning - he set his team out for an old firm battle by not engaging in it - ffs even Warburtons team at Ibrox got stuck in for the first half and Murty's team for 90 minutes at Parkhead 

Find it difficult to argue with most of that.

The only thing I can say in Pedro's defence yesterday was that in his interview suggested that he didn't want the players to stand off them the way they did and that they had been working on something else all week.

He needs to start weeding out the bottlers in this squad quickly if he wants time in the job though.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

The amount of fouls suggest otherwise, I think they lost their focus when the first goal went in, then regained it shortly after half time then lost it again after the penalty.

So in total, they had their focus for about 14 minutes? Great.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Let's hold off until it's not Warburton's team he is managing. I think he deserves this.