What does this actually mean.

whitecity

To be a Rangers player you must have a strong mentality, the fact that our coaching staff have asked the manager to alter his approach for the pre match speech just confirms that our players are neither good enough or strong enough mentally to ever have a successful career at a top club. Go back to Bradford, Wigan, or whatever league 1 club you came from.

Just know that where you are right now is the biggest stage you will ever be lucky enough to grace for the remainder of your  career. That applies to players and manager alike. Warburton droned on about a young hungry squad, didn't realise he was talking about Nandos

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Let's hold off until it's not Warburton's team he is managing. I think he deserves this. 

I hear you and actually agree but this seems to be the perfect excuse for managerial mistakes he makes in the meantime. He seems to escape all responsibility with some.

It sounds like he was trying to say the players had no confidence and that they are still adjusting to a new and tougher training regime.

Maybe there is a collective realisation that many of them aren't good enough and a number wont be here next season. It says a lot about them that they reacted as they did and none of it is good.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I hear you and actually agree but this seems to be the perfect excuse for managerial mistakes he makes in the meantime. He seems to escape all responsibility with some.

Short of coming out with "this lot are a bit shit if truth be told but it's all we have" I think he's trying to be as diplomatic as possible about the squad he has inherited tbh.

we have now had two managers managing this same squad and our results work rate and effort haven't changed - I think that would not change even if his pal Jose was in charge 

As if Richard Gough, Ian Ferguson, Stuart McCall, Andy Goram, Nacho Novo, Dado Prso, Kris Boyd etc etc needed a team talk to go out and play for Rangers, never mind against Celtic in an old firm match. These players are repulsive. Sooner we empty that entire squad the better. It is a Scottish Championship squad and nothing more. We need a Premiership competing squad. Huge turnover needed as soon as possible. 

Shite like Jason Holt being lauded to the hilt despite not being good enough for Hearts and contributing the whole sum of hee haw to the team this season, Martyn Waghorn would couldn't score in a barrel of fannies, Andy Halliday who couldn't pass wind, Barrie McKay who couldn't cross the road never mind a ball in from the wing, Joey Garner who just wants to run around and look busy fouling people, James Tavernier picked every single week yet showing the defensive capabilities of Karl Svensson, everywhere you look in the team there is dross. Out and out dross.

We are shite. And that is the bottom line. Mark Warburton signed a squad full of absolute dumplins and the board really have a duty to the club, the fans and the new manager to tidy up their mess. They appointed the fraud, they sanctioned the signings and it's not upto them to fix it. 

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

As if Richard Gough, Ian Ferguson, Stuart McCall, Andy Goram, Nacho Novo, Dado Prso, Kris Boyd etc etc needed a team talk to go out and play for Rangers, never mind against Celtic in an old firm match. These players are repulsive. Sooner we empty that entire squad the better. It is a Scottish Championship squad and nothing more. We need a Premiership competing squad. Huge turnover needed as soon as possible. 

Shite like Jason Holt being lauded to the hilt despite not being good enough for Hearts and contributing the whole sum of hee haw to the team this season, Martyn Waghorn would couldn't score in a barrel of fannies, Andy Halliday who couldn't pass wind, Barrie McKay who couldn't cross the road never mind a ball in from the wing, Joey Garner who just wants to run around and look busy fouling people, James Tavernier picked every single week yet showing the defensive capabilities of Karl Svensson, everywhere you look in the team there is dross. Out and out dross.

We are shite. And that is the bottom line. Mark Warburton signed a squad full of absolute dumplins and the board really have a duty to the club, the fans and the new manager to tidy up their mess. They appointed the fraud, they sanctioned the signings and it's not upto them to fix it. 

Tavernier and Holt are nowhere near our biggest worries.

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

They are huge parts of the team. Huge. And both are fucking rancid. A couple of men short. We are starting every game a few men down every single week. 

Our best players in the last two old firms.

Since Caixinha has come in, Holt's probably been our best player, but just ignore that.

2 hours ago, ricksen_da_best said:

He talks a absolute nonsense. Have no idea what he's going on about most the time.

Said that in the match thread yesterday. I know there's a language barrier but I feel like he spends a good portion of his press conferences waffling utter nonsense in the hope that it makes him come off as intelligent sounding.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Our best players in the last two old firms.

Since Caixinha has come in, Holt's probably been our best player, but just ignore that.

Rubbish. He does nothing and contributes nothing. In fact he does, he runs about a bit. He is a Hearts reject ffs. Never a Rangers player in his life. 

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Short of coming out with "this lot are a bit shit if truth be told but it's all we have" I think he's trying to be as diplomatic as possible about the squad he has inherited tbh.

we have now had two managers managing this same squad and our results work rate and effort haven't changed - I think that would not change even if his pal Jose was in charge 

No denying our squad is shite, but I'd buy this more if he was a manager who was used to working with quality. Do you think the players he had at his disposal in Qatar were any better? If you look at his managerial career, he should be accomplished at working with average/ below-average players. As it is, he's getting far less out of them than an u-20s coach could.

Don't be so tough on the players says the article...

In another job I can understand trying to mollycoddle your staff through a tough time, you've had a rough few months and you just need to keep staff morale up.

That's in everyday jobs...not a professional footballer getting paid between 5-10 grand a week to run about a fucking park for 90 minutes....dock their wages and you'll soon see them showing a bit of fight

If any of those players were sitting in that dressing room before the match looking scared or not pumped up to face the tarriers then they should've been dropped and replaced.

The manager could then come out and explain that, not 1 fan I know would have an issue with that

57 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Guys turning into Warburton the second already I fear talking nonsense, not appreciating what it's like to be at this club with his laughing with Brendan at the end, using fucking glasses on a table to explain what went wrong etc.

It might not be popular but Jackson called it right this morning - he set his team out for an old firm battle by not engaging in it - ffs even Warburtons team at Ibrox got stuck in for the first half and Murty's team for 90 minutes at Parkhead 

Im sick of experiments gone wrong tbh 

This. We needed an established Walter like manager who knows what it means to be a club such as Rangers and instead we got Pedro that no one had ever heard of.

I'm still so raw from yesterday - not because we got beat but because of the manner we got beat. 

We have a manager who has no clue. I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but watching us play under him we have no shape, half the time I'm wondering what formation we are playing. The Aberdeen score was a fluke and it papered over the blatantly obvious fact that this guy is clueless. 

It seems to me that they should have been making perhaps the most important managerial choice in our history but instead had the chance of a cheap manager and they took it. 

Im sorry to rant on but as I said I'm still raw and raging 

He doesn't speak great English (ridiculous in itself), so it's difficult to comprehend his exact point.

I don't think for a second, however, that he quite literally meant "my assistant said the players were shitting themselves, so I should go easy on them". I think his point has been lost in translation.

After the game at Pittodrie all the signs were good, after yesterday or the signs are bad. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I won't be judging Pedro positively or negatively until next season - and i mean right from the off next season   had the luxury of a bedding in period.

The only good point raised in here is the one on his ability to get his ideas over to the players. His press conference's are totally incoherent most of the time.

6 minutes ago, jintybear said:

This. We needed an established Walter like manager who knows what it means to be a club such as Rangers and instead we got Pedro that no one had ever heard of.

I'm still so raw from yesterday - not because we got beat but because of the manner we got beat. 

We have a manager who has no clue. I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but watching us play under him we have no shape, half the time I'm wondering what formation we are playing. The Aberdeen score was a fluke and it papered over the blatantly obvious fact that this guy is clueless. 

It seems to me that they should have been making perhaps the most important managerial choice in our history but instead had the chance of a cheap manager and they took it. 

That's the thing....it wasn't cheap!

We paid that mob 600k compensation to get him in just now rather than the end of the season & god knows what wages he's on!

He was getting 2 million a year in the middle east, remember the papers saying he would obviously get a wage reduction coming to us but fuck knows how much we're paying him...

9 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Agree with most of this. We should have offered it to Eck for the rest of the season IMO.

Did you see him before the game? In the stand, laughing and joking with the fans and taking selfies. As McCann said, even Walter and Advocaat were shitting it before OF games. And then he's having a cuddle with Rodgers at the end. Doesn't get it.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

That's the thing....it wasn't cheap!

We paid that mob 600k compensation to get him in just now rather than the end of the season & god knows what wages he's on!

He was getting 2 million a year in the middle east, remember the papers saying he would obviously get a wage reduction coming to us but fuck knows how much we're paying him...

That makes it worse! Maybe I'm just being unreasonable because I have never witnessed a team with such a lack of anything, especially playing against them. I might be able to be more objective once I've calmed down! 

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Agree with most of this. We should have offered it to Eck for the rest of the season IMO.

Did you see him before the game? In the stand, laughing and joking with the fans and taking selfies. As McCann said, even Walter and Advocaat were shitting it before OF games. And then he's having a cuddle with Rodgers at the end. Doesn't get it.

Hard to take. He obviously doesn't realise how much this game means to us. Not even to mention it was the SC semi final. The laughing and cuddling at the end just tipped me over the edge. 

Just now, jintybear said:

That makes it worse! Maybe I'm just being unreasonable because I have never witnessed a team with such a lack of anything, especially playing against them. I might be able to be more objective once I've calmed down! 

Aye yesterday was sickening to watch

Can forgive them to a certain level for being bad footballers, that's a throwback to Warburton signing duds but they should never walk out against Celtic, in a semi final, looking disinterested. 

He'll get the summer window and the start of next season but he really needs to hit the ground running