What does this actually mean.

whitecity

46 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Rubbish. He does nothing and contributes nothing. In fact he does, he runs about a bit. He is a Hearts reject ffs. Never a Rangers player in his life. 

He's not very good but nowhere near the worst.

And he isn't a Hearts reject either, he knocked back a contract offer from them to sign for us.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Hard to take. He obviously doesn't realise how much this game means to us. Not even to mention it was the SC semi final. The laughing and cuddling at the end just tipped me over the edge. 

Even McCoist had the decency to have a scrap with Lennon when we lost to them in a semi. We seem to just be getting further and further away from what our club is about.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's not very good but nowhere near the worst.

And he isn't a Hearts reject either, he knocked back a contract offer from them to sign for us.

Because he knew he wouldn't get a game. He wouldn't get in Celtic, Aberdeens or Hearts current midfields. I'm not even sure he would get into the St Johnstone team. Nowhere near the required level for Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Because he knew he wouldn't get a game. He wouldn't get in Celtic, Aberdeens or Hearts current midfields. I'm not even sure he would get into the St Johnstone team. Nowhere near the required level for Rangers. 

Why would they offer him a deal if they were never going to play him?

You're right, he is nowhere near the level we need, could maybe do a job as a squad player.

None of that makes him a Hearts reject either.

50 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

No denying our squad is shite, but I'd buy this more if he was a manager who was used to working with quality. Do you think the players he had at his disposal in Qatar were any better? If you look at his managerial career, he should be accomplished at working with average/ below-average players. As it is, he's getting far less out of them than an u-20s coach could.

Tbf, he had Han Kook-Young, Weiss and Nemeth at Al Gharafa. Plus a young, solid, Ghanaian international. They'd probably all walk into our team.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Why would they offer him a deal if they were never going to play him?

You're right, he is nowhere near the level we need, could maybe do a job as a squad player.

None of that makes him a Hearts reject either.

As a squad player? Eh wasn't good enough for Hearts then, isn't good enough for them now and with that, is nowhere near good enough for us either. Then, now or in the future. He's a wee boy playing a big mans game. 

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

As a squad player? Eh wasn't good enough for Hearts then, isn't good enough for them now and with that, is nowhere near good enough for us either. Then, now or in the future. He's a wee boy playing a big mans game. 

They obviously thought he was good enough if they offered him a deal though?

He isn't good enough to be a regular midfielder for us but there are much bigger problems and worse players, than Jason Holt, at our club.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Players shouldn't need any form of motivation before running out at hampden in front of tens of thousands of bears on a gloriously sunny day in a Scottish cup semi against that lot. 

None what so ever - if it was felt they needed some sort of speech then they are at the wrong club ffs. 

Exactly mate but we know they are at the wrong club, Pedro obviously knows they are not cut out for it but what can we do? Nothing until the end of the season.

Absolutely sickening that the players weren't up for that game yesterday on the back of a well deserved draw at the piggery. The celtic players could smell from them, fucking embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Guys turning into Warburton the second already I fear talking nonsense, not appreciating what it's like to be at this club with his laughing with Brendan at the end, using fucking glasses on a table to explain what went wrong etc.

It might not be popular but Jackson called it right this morning - he set his team out for an old firm battle by not engaging in it - ffs even Warburtons team at Ibrox got stuck in for the first half and Murty's team for 90 minutes at Parkhead 

Im sick of experiments gone wrong tbh 

You said before his appointment that this was arguably Rangers most important managerial selection ever and that the board couldn't afford to get it wrong. Only time will tell if he's the right man for the job, but it's still in the balance,50/50 is as good as it gets just now.

The board will use him as a scapegoat to divert attention on their own failings. No cunt on the planet had heard of Pedro yet we are supposed to believe that this guy will be our saviour. I am always willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt but when you look at the photos of him and Brenda at final whistle then he is the only one with a huge smile on his face and it is sickening. He is a Portuguese mccoist talks shite and wants to be everybody's friend and the signing of jj as third in command is also a mistake as he is another nice guy when what we need is someone to bounce some of these so called players off the wall. I never fell for all this shite about us being light years behind the scum until yesterday, that was as bad as it gets and we even did the impossible and made leggohead look like a world class midfielder. I cannot fathom out what his game plan was but to then hear that he changed his speech at the last minute because some of our superstars were in a delicate mood is fucking mind boggling. If you add in the fact that he played a goalie carrying an injury then it is clear that King and co have served us up another turkey 

Just read the article there. 

Seriously? Nervous?

What

The

Actual

Fuck?!

A big game aye sure there'll be nerves. You turn that nerves into adrenaline fuelled battle fever! 

You don't tell the gaffer to soothe your feelings. If I was in charge the only thing you should be nervous of is the back of my hand off your jaw for such an abject, gutless display. 

Get the fuck out of this club, you clearly can't handle the demands of the job. 

Impostors!

I heard him explain the play-off in the Mexican league & it was 1st v 8th, 2nd v 7th & so on, so it's more like a cup, I think he came 5th in that league then won a few cup games to win the league. But after yesterday's display I wonder how the heck he won those cup games.

9 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Most of what he says in that article is ok. I'm just glad he sent them out to do something different from what I seen.

The stuff about the pre-match talk just sounds like more Pedro babble. I do think the players are not thinking much of his training and methods because it's strange none of them have gave the manager or his methods praise like the usually do with a new boss. Even the professional and positive Miller just said it was different, which seemed a bit negative to me even at the time.

Now I look at how we've been playing and think his coaching might be a lot of shite as we're more rotten than before. 

But atleast he was hoping for something different. Does anyone know what his style is because we don't pass much and either lose possession or lump it forward? It's been mostly garbage so far.

The board better hope this guy doesn't turn out to be a diddy as it was them who went out on a whim and found him. Did they ever say who recommended him?

Most of the time he just talks a lot of crap about adaptations and transitions then smiles at the camera as if all pleased with himself sounding clever. It's been worse than Warburton.

I'm pissed off because this was a massive appointment for us and all the signs have been poor so far. The only crumb of comfort right now is that he has a long background in the game and might know what he's doing long-term. 

I want to believe in the guy, i need a lifeline here the same as every true fan who stumps up his hard working cash to support this club because right now i am totally scunnered, sat disappointed at the lack of fight at matches at ibrox or sitting feeling disappointed during the week at the thought of being powerless to change things and instead have to depend on people running the club which i have my doubts about their loyalties and priorities. 

I am just thinking that its all good the manager talking tactically or talking about his style of football in interviews and all the while do they never think maybe that kind of style is not best suited to scottish football.