I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player

To install a winning belief and mentality back into the club.

mcgregor, Davis, Broadfoot and dare I say Naismith.

The only one we have in the squad with a winning mentality and knows what it takes to win trophies at Rangers is Kenny Miller.

I think since demotion the psychological effect it's had on the club is a lot worse than anyone ever thought it would be.

I couldn't see them winning 10 in a row but I'm now struggling to see how we stop it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

The only one we have in the squad with a winning mentality and knows what it takes to win trophies at Rangers is Kenny Miller.

I think since demotion the psychological effect it's had on the club is a lot worse than anyone ever thought it would be.

I couldn't see them winning 10 in a row but I'm now struggling to see how we stop it.

All those bar Davis have forgotten how to win judging by their teams and we probably couldn't even afford broadfoot.

has any team in history rebuilt an entire team with no previous championship winners in it? Can't think of any. The closest would be juventus but they kept Buffon and 1-2 others.

its going to be extremely difficult to reinstall the winning/championship mentality when there's no one there with recent history of dominating.

Naismith can get to fuck, that prick should not be allowed anywhere near Ibrox for the rest of his days. McGregor, Davis, Lafferty and the rest of the walk-away cunts can fuck off as well.

7 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

All those bar Davis have forgotten how to win judging by their teams and we probably couldn't even afford broadfoot.

has any team in history rebuilt an entire team with no previous championship winners in it? Can't think of any. The closest would be juventus but they kept Buffon and 1-2 others.

its going to be extremely difficult to reinstall the winning/championship mentality when there's no one there with recent history of dominating.

Not rebuilt but Leicester winning the prem shows that it's not all about experience. Most of our players are happy to be average. 

I was raging with Naismith & Whittaker at the time and never thought i would have them or McGregor, Davis etc back. 

Maybe not a popular view but if Naismith was to apologise for what he said and explain to us the nature of the type of thing that was going on there, then i would probably give him another chance. He is a lot better than what we have right now.

Broadfoot for me is not included as he didnt bail out like the others

The turncoat bastards who turned their back on us can get to fuck.

Not including Broadfoot in that list of snakes but it shows how far we have fallen when I would love to have him back but the frightening thing is we couldn't even afford him.

Sorry - don't agree with the concept. We need to build the next generation Rangers. What is required is not former players but forward thinking and realism. We only need (for next season) to be better than the rest. The bottlers from septic land will crumple under a serious challenge. Even on Sunday's abortion of a performance we would have scored and put real pressure on them if we had something better than Waghorn  and Garner up front. We don't need a lot of financing to do better than those two.  We just need a bit of sensible shopping in a wider market. We can do this sooner than most believe.

What needs to happen is we need to get the lists of free transfer's for the summer and sign the very best we could afford forget age its about getting the player levels back up

Lets be honest troops it might be time to forgive but never forget if we are to claim back our top spot cause every player mentioned in the op would improve us dramatically

There are literally thousands of great football players with winning attitudes across the globe yet some still obsess over a bunch of turncoat judas bastards who showed no love or respect to the Club that made them famous.

Saying they know what Rangers means is just nonsense considering they proved already that they don't have the attitude befitting our great Club

32 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Mate, usually i agree with your posts but i would never accept any of the rat bastards back. The team might be shite and the players not up to scratch but cunts like naismith turned their back on us when we needed them. Look at juventus when they went down (admittedly only 1 division)  they hunckered down and dug in for a fight. Our lot scrambled for themselves and left the supporters in the shite.  

We are starting to get like a desperate boyfriend hankering over an ex that fucked us off.  

The most important signing is the manager and on the basis of what's been seen so far, it looks like a disaster, I truly hope I am wrong on this one and whatever the so called three man interview panel saw in PC and decided to pay compensation to get him here starts to show soon. Not one player has improved and going by their interview answers they sound totally confused about what's going on. We now hear that he doesn't talk to them after the games and prefers to wait until the next training day. Imagine you've had a howler of a game and then have to stew on it for 24hours to hear what the manager thinks.