I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MelbourneBlue said:

Sorry - don't agree with the concept. We need to build the next generation Rangers. What is required is not former players but forward thinking and realism. We only need (for next season) to be better than the rest. The bottlers from septic land will crumple under a serious challenge. Even on Sunday's abortion of a performance we would have scored and put real pressure on them if we had something better than Waghorn  and Garner up front. We don't need a lot of financing to do better than those two.  We just need a bit of sensible shopping in a wider market. We can do this sooner than most believe.

I think you're right. Septic's squad cost about 20 million more than ours, but a lot of their players are on a confidence run.

2 capable strikers and 3 good midfielders should be enough. Maybe need 10 million and could get a few mill from selling a few of our players.

We should have Krancjar and Rossiter back next season, and maybe Crooks can do a job.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

What needs to happen is we need to get the lists of free transfer's for the summer and sign the very best we could afford forget age its about getting the player levels back up

Lets be honest troops it might be time to forgive but never forget if we are to claim back our top spot cause every player mentioned in the op would improve us dramatically

Unfortunately I think you're bang on.

I expect us to be tapping get up the likes of Ryan Jack and others who are out of contract. And a few from abroad we've never heard of but who will be sold to us as 20m players available on freebies.

Not ideal but what we're going to have to do on the cheap.

people need to face facts, the last few years have seen club values almost disappear within Ibrox. We have lost a lot of what we stood for and in some cases it won't return as those in charge don't give a fuck. We absolutely do not need the rats, we need new, experienced and proven players.

Celtic are still shite, yesterday showed that, a few stand outs in the form of Dembele and Gordon but other than that they're nothing special and are beatable. The fact all other scottish teams are utter shite has made them look better than they are and i thoroughly expect us to up the game, bounce back and beat them this weekend.

At this point I would tbh.

We don't have the privilege to pick and choose our players and if almost certain most of them would come back (Probably not Davis, yet) and they'd add so much quality so the side. 

2 hours ago, piperpete said:

We need to look forward not back, the reason we are where we are is due to journeymen pros who just go through the motions, I would say Miller and Holt and Wallace and Wilson understand what its about.

Holt was a disgrace yesterday. He understands fuck all.

3 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

To install a winning belief and mentality back into the club.

mcgregor, Davis, Broadfoot and dare I say Naismith.

The only one we have in the squad with a winning mentality and knows what it takes to win trophies at Rangers is Kenny Miller.

I think since demotion the psychological effect it's had on the club is a lot worse than anyone ever thought it would be.

I couldn't see them winning 10 in a row but I'm now struggling to see how we stop it.

I'd bring jelavic back. We could have got him for less than we paid for Joey Barton 

I've never been bitter, just disappointed in players actions.

But we are in a position where beggars can't be choosers and if some of these guys were keen and if they would enhance the team then I say why not.

What better way to win the fans over than coming back n fucking those fenians bastards n their 10 in a row plans.

3 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

To install a winning belief and mentality back into the club.

mcgregor, Davis, Broadfoot and dare I say Naismith.

The only one we have in the squad with a winning mentality and knows what it takes to win trophies at Rangers is Kenny Miller.

I think since demotion the psychological effect it's had on the club is a lot worse than anyone ever thought it would be.

I couldn't see them winning 10 in a row but I'm now struggling to see how we stop it.

Sorry JS, some things can and should never be brought back and these named are some of them.