I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Holt was a disgrace yestealtdayin He understands fuck all.n

The whole lot of them IN midfield were lost wee boys and too light, we dont have ball winner IN our team to rough anyone up but the Scottish giyscall know what ITs all about. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, piperpete said:

The whole lot of them IN midfield were lost wee boys and too light, we dont have ball winner IN our team to rough anyone up but the Scottish giyscall know what ITs all about. 

True. Laughing at my autocorrect spelling.

We need a Kevin Thomson type player to break up play and let us then win midfield battles.

I like a battling midfield that compete across it, not these poofy wee cunts who worry what their hair looks like.

I honestly believe that some of our ex-players need expunged from our history and memory completely then threads like this won't happen. Our support is fractious enough without shit like this splintering it further. Those ex-players had their opportunity to do right by the club, how'd they handle it then? And some think they'd want them in the trenches with us now? Seriously, wtf? Cunt's ran then and caught the self-preservation bus so what would they do now? Sure as fuck they wouldn't dig in and bring us out of the rut we're in. They proved already that they aren't Rangers, never were and never will be. 

Wind up?  I've paid my season tickets to watch utter shite for the last 5 years and you would bring back "we don't owe Sevco anything" smirking rat Naismith? Our money paid for his knees all the time he was out injured and rehab - and he thought he owed the fans nothing. He can get to fuck.

To my way of thinking a winning mentality starts from the Manager and how well he instils that way of thinking into players' minds and how well he then motivates them to go and deliver winning runs      Bringing back former players risks those players fighting old battles in old ways of playing under different managers.   The past is the past, history, to be enjoyed when we did well and not to be dwelt on when we didn't do so well.  

More of a winning mentality and winning experience is what is needed.   It's for Pedro to find players who will respond to that, who are hungry for success, who are impatient for success, who make up for experience or some finely honed skill by the sort of persistent determination that makes success happen despite the odds.   We'll see next season if Pedro has the sort of managerial leadership and motivation skills needed to mould a team into a far more credible title-challenging team.   I think he has the capability to do this.  What I don't know is whether King and the Board can find enough money to back him properly.    Without sufficient financial backing all King is doing is making life much more difficult for Pedro.    It's King and the Board that should be feeling real heat from the Support for the rest of this season and into the transfer window.    

Message to King and the Board - produce a transfer fund that declares intent to produce a title-challenging side.  Produce the fund or put the Club up for sale to see if there are others out there who might be able to do a better job.   Just tinkering at the financial edges with wholesale reliance on ST sales to fund a meaningful transfer budget is not the answer.    

19 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

"I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player"

How far back we going?

Personally I'd bring back Colin Stein, still score more than Waghorn!

Think we could do with Moses McNeil down the wing, a solid old-fashioned winger who wouldn't shite out of 50/50s like McKay.

You can forget about Naismith, he's in a different stratosphere to us now in terms of wages and in terms of what it would cost to get him back, by the time we could afford it he might be 33/34

I totally understand what you're saying in that we need guys with a proven winning mentality and for all my life we always had that at Rangers, so when we brought a new player in, he was playing with winners so it made the transition easier, even when we brought Souness in back in 86, we had winners like McCoist & Cooper, that being said Souness was a big enough winner for everyone, we don't have that anymore, Miller is last man standing but he can't do it on his own and I doubt even if he signed a new deal he'd see enough of those type of characters in the dressing room next Summer.

2 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

I struggle to understand why some people think Holt is a good footballer.

No idea why you've brought up Holt in this ?

But seeing as you have. For some unknown reason PC gave Haliday the holding role yesterday when Holt has showed his best form all season in that position recently.

I'd hate to see any turncoats back at our club.

If one or more of them came back and it was guaranteed we would win the league I'd say yes. But even if they all came back and were as good as we remember it still guarantees nothing. So on that basis.

NO TURNCOATS.!