I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/04/2017 at 1:23 PM, Junior Soprano said:

To install a winning belief and mentality back into the club.

mcgregor, Davis, Broadfoot and dare I say Naismith.

The only one we have in the squad with a winning mentality and knows what it takes to win trophies at Rangers is Kenny Miller.

I think since demotion the psychological effect it's had on the club is a lot worse than anyone ever thought it would be.

I couldn't see them winning 10 in a row but I'm now struggling to see how we stop it.

It's quality we want, young and hungry players with muscle and quality. Not mercenary rats.

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Totally out of tune with the online support maybe.

I remember a lot of folk on forums saying that we weren't the same club as well and  they wouldn't be back after liquidation.

Only to say their where wrong and be back after a few months.

Donald Findlay said it. Then in court this week said the club and company where 2 different things.

A lot was said after liquidation, maybe look at some of the quotes by Rangers "legends" from 2012.

That's odd I don't remember any Rangers fans on here saying we were n't the same club and they wouldn't be back after liquidation, and I never met any Gers fan who said that either. 

Who aere these people who said they were wrong within a few months and came back. Stop fibbing about fans just cause your argument in a thread is being lost.

Almost all Gers fans dug in and stayed loyal, regardless of not knowing what to expect. Do you remember the 50,000 attendanes for us at third dvisionmatches, the crowds of support marchig with Sandy Jardine. 

We did not do walking away. 

Ony the traitors did that. 

32 minutes ago, tannerall said:

That's odd I don't remember any Rangers fans on here saying we were n't the same club and they wouldn't be back after liquidation, and I never met any Gers fan who said that either. 

Who aere these people who said they were wrong within a few months and came back. Stop fibbing about fans just cause your argument in a thread is being lost.

Almost all Gers fans dug in and stayed loyal, regardless of not knowing what to expect. Do you remember the 50,000 attendanes for us at third dvisionmatches, the crowds of support marchig with Sandy Jardine. 

We did not do walking away. 

Ony the traitors did that. 

See because you don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

What happened in the past is in the past. I'm not angry anymore unlike guys like yourself.

All I want is to see Rangers win again.

Not digging it OP, I can see coz miller came back after playing for them and has done well why u might think it could work.

Tbh I still ain't fully forgiven miller for that either but as for the traitors.......... They should never darken our door again. The lot of them can fuck off, no loyalty so what make you think they would do well coming back? There are a lot better players out there that could do us a turn rather than giving they turn coat bastards our money.

6 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Not digging it OP, I can see coz miller came back after playing for them and has done well why u might think it could work.

Tbh I still ain't fully forgiven miller for that either but as for the traitors.......... They should never darken our door again. The lot of them can fuck off, no loyalty so what make you think they would do well coming back? There are a lot better players out there that could do us a turn rather than giving they turn coat bastards our money.

I totally get why you wouldn't want any of them here. But signing young unproven players isn't working.

29 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

See because you don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

What happened in the past is in the past. I'm not angry anymore unlike guys like yourself.

All I want is to see Rangers win again.

It didn't happen, the huge majority of our fans stayed loyal. Can you name even one that walked away ?

I respect you have come to terms with wat  happened to our proud and glorious team in those days. 

I still can't, and will never accept or forgive what those guys did.

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I totally get why you wouldn't want any of them here. But signing young unproven players isn't working.

Which is why the fannies on the board should be spending money bringing in proven players, we don't need the turn coats just quality players. We need someone to build a team around for starters.

On a side note I think some of our players would play better if we got the 433 to fuck

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It didn't happen, the huge majority of our fans stayed loyal. Can you name even one that walked away ?

I respect you have come to terms with wat  happened to our proud and glorious team in those days. 

Cassie jones

18 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The huge majority did stay including you and I. And yeah I probably could name the handful of folk I know that did. I could also name ex players and managers that had those feelings at the time as well.

But I am not going to.

I think a lot of folks minds where fucked that year when that happened, including mine. No one really knew where we stood. Until Jardine and McCoist brought us altogether.

On 24/04/2017 at 2:00 PM, Willis said:

Saying they know what Rangers means is just nonsense considering they proved already that they don't have the attitude befitting our great Club

Hard to believe it took so many posts for someone to say this. 

It's also worth pointing out that players with "winning mentalities" don't leave Rangers to play for the likes of Norwich and Southampton.

Lots of younger better players out there but we need someone who knows a wide range of 'markets'/.  

I personally don't want any players back who have previously walked away.  History shows that it rarely, if ever, works -- Slim Jim, Derek Johnstone, Colin Stein and Wullie Johnston all left for a variety of reasons but were never as good the second time around AND these guys were real Rangers legends, unlike the two bit shite that walked away during the financial crisis.  

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Get this thread to fuck. Bumping your own shite just because we got pumped yesterday.

They're fucking rats and anyone that could support them coming back here is a rat as well.

Fuck off ya wee dobber.  You would rather watch they cunts lord over us for years and years than watch a successful Rangers team? And I'm a fuckin rat?

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Fuck off ya wee dobber.  You would rather watch they cunts lord over us for years and years than watch a successful Rangers team? And I'm a fuckin rat?

You want people back that jumped ship and said we weren't the same Rangers anymore so aye, you're a fucking rat.

3 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He's right it was a blatant bump.

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

McGregor, Hutton, Broadfoot, Davis, Naismith, Lafferty, 

would win us that league. 

Dont give a fuck what anyone of yous say. 

Allan McGregor is 35

Alan Hutton is 32

Kirk Broadfoot will be 33 at the start of next season

Steven Davis is 32

Steven Naismith will be 31 at the start of next season.

Lafferty will be 30 at the start of next season and is fucking shite anyway.

That's a nice young team you're wanting to build there. Stop living in the fucking past.

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Get this thread to fuck. Bumping your own shite just because we got pumped yesterday.

They're fucking rats and anyone that could support them coming back here is a rat as well.

Really?

So I'm a rat for suggesting that the likes of Naismith n Broadfoot would be huge improvements on our current players?

I am a rat for buying a season ticket for the past 19 years not to mention the money spent on merchandise, food and drink etc?

I am a rat for wanting to see my team stronger, winning on the pitch and not embarrassing themselves like yesterday.

You can take your opinion and fuck yourself with it. Your bitterness is impairing your judgement severely.

We are on our knees and need help, if these guys were willing then welcome home and earn the respect and trust of the fans through hard graft on the pitch.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Allan McGregor is 35

Alan Hutton is 32

Kirk Broadfoot will be 33 at the start of next season

Steven Davis is 32

Steven Naismith will be 31 at the start of next season.

Lafferty will be 30 at the start of next season and is fucking shite anyway.

That's a nice young team you're wanting to build there. Stop living in the fucking past.

And fucking what. I said 6 months ago Walter should have been asked back . In the past?

would that have happened yesterday?

Im gonny blow you little mind here by saying we should also get our selfs into (manageable) debt if need be to sort this fuckin mess out.