Did Brenda set up Caixinha?

Thermopylae

Just now, Smile said:

We need some strength in their and all we have is wee tidy players on the ball who hate getting tackled or tackling.

Makes me wonder why Crooks got sent out on loan, might not have been technically the best but his height and presence surely would have helped in midfield

Can't train people to stop being a shitebag unfortunately, we've got far too many of them

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I personally think Dodoo is a far better player and younger with more hunger to prove himself 

Just strange that Warburton wasn't keen and now Pedro doesn't seem too keen, Dodoo is his 4th choice striker as things stand 

I think he's just trying to get find a formation that works with the players he has. He's brought Dodoo on at half time twice in a row though, so I think he now looks to him as someone that can make a difference.

I thought his assist for Miller at Aberdeen was more impressive than his goal, and showed he's got more intelligence as a player than Waghorn and Garner combined. That's not saying much, granted, bud still. 

7 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Makes me wonder why Crooks got sent out on loan, might not have been technically the best but his height and presence surely would have helped in midfield

Can't train people to stop being a shitebag unfortunately, we've got far too many of them

It worked before when we put ball in their I'd risk sticking Kiernan in their which seems extreme as I slate him constantly but that was his natural position.

Willing to try anything.

Just now, Thermopylae said:

I would just rather that his emotions after that performance were the same as mine 

It's good he remained calm, press would be all over him if he was raging. I'd hate to be on the end of what he as to say to the players training today.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

It worked before when we put ball in their I'd risk sticking Kiernan in their which seems extreme as I slate him constantly but that was his natural position.

Willing to try anything.

Think 2nd is gone now tbh so he's got 5 games were he can try things, would be happy with something different tbh

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's good he remained calm, press would be all over him if he was raging. I'd hate to be on the end of what he as to say to the players training today.

If it happens again shake rogers hand and say I will speak to you inside 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Think 2nd is gone now tbh so he's got 5 games were he can try things, would be happy with something different tbh

Even if he goes back to tav in the middle with Hodson at right back it will give us mobility in the middle.

I'm at the Grasping straws stage now.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Even if he goes back to tav in the middle with Hodson at right back it will give us mobility in the middle.

We need a better standard of player if Pedro is to succeed. There's only Miller that has played at this level before 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Would be better than Halliday in the middle anyway 

Give us much more mobility and might be wiling to put a tackle in!

Been past the desperate stage for a while mate...anything is better than what we have now

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

We need a better standard of player if Pedro is to succeed. There's only Miller that has played at this level before 

I still think if the players work hard as they have done before they can turn in a credible performance but no one really seems up for it now.

We badly need investment in the Squad.

Chance at the weekend for the manager to really get what it means to be manager of Rangers.  Ok he was in the directors box at Septic Park and yesterday's non-event but this will be his first taste of Ibrox on OF day.   We can't stop them wining the treble but we can inflict their first defeat of the season, a defeat that may have ramifications way out of proportion to reducing our defecit by 3 points. 

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I was hoping he would have learned from Murty's game against them 

Same. He should have done. Best thing he can do is replicate Murty's plan on Saturday. I am not giving up on the manager yet.It's early days yet.

Let's see what Saturday brings.

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Likely fuck all, the players were on the piss last night and probably had a nice wee day off.

I don't really understand the question or suggestion of this topic.

On the subject of the hand shake at the end, I hope Pedro won't lose his rag. Smile and move on. Do so now and do so when, or if we return to the top.

What we must never become, ever, is bitter and twisted to the extent that, when we score against them, putting one foot in a cup final, we focus our attention on them. Just like their captain did after their first. We are not wired that way.

Someone mentioned training today, then someone else reminded us that they were on it last night at the POTY awards. I hope Pedro had them in, absolutely. After that performance, had the POTY event not been organised and many fans spent money, it should have been cancelled. Seeing some of the videos, though, I'd have been surprised if many of them surfaced before midday.

4 hours ago, Smile said:

Some a comfort zonenf the otheracmplayers must ine againsttreat Trainers but never really play the same level in games it's the only thing I can summarise for some of them constantly getting picked.

Therecare players who do exel at training but dont produce IT against strangers, they are IN a comfort zone at home and know they are not going to get booted up IN the air by a team mate but cant produce the same skills due to a mental block, every team have them from school teams to pro teams. 

They can just do enough to get on the bench and make an IMpact now and again IN a game but are superstars at training. 

5 hours ago, Goggs said:

Yes....I think Brenda picked our team as it could not have been set up any better to suit their style of play

Why did dodoo not start ? we were well short of pace up front

Where did Halliday starting come from ?

Why was Tav not in the midfield ? 3 in midfield was a dreadful mistake and they were totally over ran

and before anyone says it's alright with hindsight, this was all said as soon as we seen the team outside the stadium and everyone sitting around me in hamdump was of the same opinion 

Shocking mistakes that should never have been made

It is alright saying he is working with duds but the team was set up wrong and that first half is one of the worst Rangers performances against them I have ever seen

I am hoping Pedro can learn from this but the mistakes made with team formation and selection were glaring

And within the first 10 mins he should have seen we were getting ripped to shreds and change it.

A blind man could see it that's the most worrying thing for me.

People tend to take a still image or a few seconds of footage then attach their own narrative to it.  Halliday looks at Brown during the prematch handshakes and it's evidence of his staunchness.  Barton looks at the mascot standing in front of Brown and is accused of shiting himself.  Pedro laughs and this is now evidence of Brendan having mentality manipulated him.

Some amount of shite spouted on here.