Did Brenda set up Caixinha?

Thermopylae

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

For fuck's sake, Matt Crooks is now being touted for a return.

First Dodoo, now Crooks, then it'll be O'Halloran and Forrester.

Our season has just been one, big, viscious cycle of players getting a run in the team, being dropped for poor form, then being touted for a return.

TBF, until a recent injury, Crooks apparently has been excellent.

22 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

For fuck's sake, Matt Crooks is now being touted for a return.

First Dodoo, now Crooks, then it'll be O'Halloran and Forrester.

Our season has just been one, big, viscious cycle of players getting a run in the team, being dropped for poor form, then being touted for a return.

Exactly, We have to clear out the shite we are paying wages to and get a better standard of player in only then will we move forward.

10 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Aye for Scunthorpe ffs as he was for Accrington last season, our fingers have been burnt off by all the duds Warburton raked in from the lower leagues in England, no no no!!

26 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Playing for Scunthorpe and playing for Rangers isn't comparible, in my opinion.

Admittedly, we haven't seen a great deal of him, but from what I did see, I was majorly disappointed.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

We should have been right in their face from the off, I could not believe the way we let them do whatever the fuck they wanted with the ball nigh on unchallenged, correct me if I am wrong but in Pedros first interview he said "when we have the ball we attack, when we don't have the ball we attack the space"  I seen nothing of that during Sundays performance which was on par with KMD's effort at Hampden.

Thats not what I commented on.. But yes, we should have attacked the spaces. Our gameplan was undone by a couple of personal mistakes, really. 

But just becuse one manager gets a certain result does not equate to a better manger getting the same, or better. Thats simply not how football works. 

On 4/25/2017 at 4:52 PM, Smile said:

This should never happen after a defeat to the Scum. I guess its a foreign thing.

pedrobrendan.png?strip=all&w=960&quality

pedro1.png?strip=all&w=740&quality=100

It wasn't just a defeat it was a totally gutless defeat ... also worth remembering it's not so long since he was calling them brothers and i'm sure rogers saw his chance to put him on the back foot 

20 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Thats not what I commented on.. But yes, we should have attacked the spaces. Our gameplan was undone by a couple of personal mistakes, really. 

But just becuse one manager gets a certain result does not equate to a better manger getting the same, or better. Thats simply not how football works. 

My problem is he didn't seem to learn from the parkhead game at all 

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

The same players certainly didnt seem to play as aggressively. Pedro has also commented that the players did not follow the game plan, so perhaps he did learn and was let down? 

18 hours ago, johanhentze said:

The same players certainly didnt seem to play as aggressively. Pedro has also commented that the players did not follow the game plan, so perhaps he did learn and was let down? 

He has to be realistic both about the players he has at the moment and also what is required to be successful in a game like the old firm. I think it was quite arrogant for him to totally disregard Murty's tactics that had worked only a couple of weeks before.

I can't remember who's book it was I read years ago I think it might have been SAFs and he was saying contrary to popular opinion the British players are just as skillful as the continentals but where the Europeans have the edge is they can play several different ways because that is how they are brought up in the game from their earliest days 

On 2017-4-26 at 7:07 PM, Thermopylae said:

Agreed. Murty had them on the back foot at Parkhead. I can't understand why Caixinha hasn't replicated this blueprint. Maybe Caixinha hasn't got it in him to motivate the team.?

On 2017-4-25 at 3:53 PM, Thermopylae said:

Same here ... Scottish football is a big change for him so he has to be willing to learn and adapt and hopefully we will see that process has begun on Saturday with a much better performance  

It didn't happen, I am worried. Maybe we need a change of manager ?

On 4/26/2017 at 7:05 PM, Thermopylae said:

It wasn't just a defeat it was a totally gutless defeat ... also worth remembering it's not so long since he was calling them brothers and i'm sure rogers saw his chance to put him on the back foot 

Made it clear which side of the city he preferred before he came to us. That and the fact that he was fuckin clueless in a diabolical Qatar league should have meant he would never be anywhere near Ibrox. 

On 25/04/2017 at 9:14 PM, ayrshireranger said:

But look where he is playing that's our problem we have lots of ordinary players best suited to league 1 or 2 or the Scottish Championship. 

Just now, bob1873 said:

But look where he is playing that's our problem we have lots of ordinary players best suited to league 1 or 2 or the Scottish Championship. 

We have to stop relying purely on potential, and get some ready made players who have a desire to bring success to this club. Players like Crooks can be tidy on the ball, but playing for Rangers really does demand a lot more. I think there was a clear hint from the manager that he knows this, and that many of these players will be off in the summer. We need to invest in a big way though.

22 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

We have to stop relying purely on potential, and get some ready made players who have a desire to bring success to this club. Players like Crooks can be tidy on the ball, but playing for Rangers really does demand a lot more. I think there was a clear hint from the manager that he knows this, and that many of these players will be off in the summer. We need to invest in a big way though.

Hope so mate but I think the manager is a dud speaks well but a dud. No Rangers manager can survive yesterday no matter what. Warburton was toast after the cup final this guy too. King & Co did stabilise us and that's great but they clearly lack the funds required or have the funds but lack the desire to invest.  As for the players you get what you pay for if you shop in Primark what you get is not the same quality as you get ar Harvey Nichols.  I don't blame the players aside from their abject lack of fight which is unforgivable they are 'johnny average' all of our team could easily be Kilmarnock or Dundee players hence they are shockingly bad against a better team or in tough circumstances. 

Up to King & Co either fund us or get out and appoint a real manager.

On 4/29/2017 at 5:50 PM, sassaaaa said:

Made it clear which side of the city he preferred before he came to us. That and the fact that he was fuckin clueless in a diabolical Qatar league should have meant he would never be anywhere near Ibrox. 

No now we're in the situation where we can't afford to sack him but we also can't afford not to sack him :duh: