Wee Wullie Henderson tells it as it is

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

1. What they were signed for is probably not what they are worth on the open market - prices can go up and down so on that we can agree.

2. includes developed assets - agreed

3. I didn't provide it - you did -  you provided it in your 2nd post on this page. I simply added them up.

4. I have no idea what their resale value is - whatever anybody wants to pay. But say their entire squad is now worth double what they paid (£16.6M) - and then they magically sell the entire squad -   they won't reinvest all that on a new playing squad suddenly making the new squad worth £32M - they simply don't do that. They can't afford it.

We need to get a squad to match the current cellic one, not some potential cellic squad depending on any number of factors.  And then when we get one - the same applies to us "What they were signed for is not what they are worth on the transfer market. Can we agree on that?"

1. Yes they can go up and down. Up very significantly in the case of Dembele, Sinclair, Tiernay, Gordon, Armstrong. But yeah some have possibly went down, just can't think of any except over our way Garner and MOH.

2. Amen

3. I read the .4 part and knew that didn't relate to anything I'd typed. It's a minor typo on your part but I see now what you did and should've picked up you were talking about those figures above. Missed that.

4. I'm not suggesting they'll sell their full squad. I'm saying it evidences their squad strength compared to ours. And that they could likely sell an asset like Dembele for 10m, Sinclair for 3 or 4, Tiernay likely for the same and turn that into reinvest able cash. Now. We can't.

We need to get our squad to the current Celtic one. 

Indeed,

I just hope they've not pushed on again through these sales, CL money, sponsorships etc so that by the time we do then we need to play catch up again. And again. And again.

7 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Fair play to Henderson for having the balls to put the board under pressure to release funds. It's needed. Shame they all don't do this. Would like to see the likes of Souness and others do the same.

Very good point, if more Rangers men would put pressure on the men who are supposed to be Rangers men it might help. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They have previously got:

Wanyama 12.5m

Van Dujk 11.5m

Forster 10m

Hooper 5m

Adams 2m

Wilson 2.5m

Scepovic 1m

Folk are ostriches if they don't think their squad holds significant value currently.

Been trying to think for ages?, who's Adams?

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

And to be fair, a few have spoken out of late. Walter, Souness as well. The common consensus is that money needs to be spent on the playing squad.

. . . and not only the squad, whatever they say cash is needed to be spent on the stadia as well!??

image.gif.e5e34b861386e1e473ae5aa2dfdc142b.gif