If you were Halliday...

Barca-Bear

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's a good question tbh and something I've wondered myself.

Part of me thinks why should I give up chasing the dream, playing for the club I love and making good money - if it were me.

Why would a player go the manager or board and say just end it all?

It's OK for us saying it when we aren't in that position. Halliday is.

If I was Halliday I think I'd be more inclined to knuckle down, learn how to tackle and pass a ball forward. He can't do the simplest things. If I was in his privliged position I'd be working extra hours at Auchenhowie and doing everything I could to get better. 

Bang on. None of us would want to give up on the dream, and it could/would make you work that bit harder.

He's never going to be a mainstay in a Rangers side properly challenging for the league, but that doesnt mean all is lost. I'll get crucified for it, but id like to see him fill in at other positions to see how he goes.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MasterD said:

He might have passion and desire as a fan but he doesn't transfer it onto the pitch.

Exactly what i see does alot of waving his hands at fans before games etc but he should be like a man possesed on that park chasing balls getting physical and telling players to get in about it 

2 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Hatred, dislike, disdain, whatever. Let's not get lost in a choice of words when the overall point remains clear.

Regardless, I completely and utterly disagree with your post.

For the OP to suggest that there is the possibility for us to wake-up to the news that Andy Halliday has walked away from Rangers isn't just delusional, it's laughable. It has never happened and will never happen.

Maybe I should have been more clear, by walking away I meant getting his agent to find him a move elsewhere which either involves a transfer fee or agreeing to a pay out with Rangers to move elsewhere. This happens all the time, especially with squad players which Halliday looks like becoming if we recruit well in the summer. He would take a pay cut, but he would still be on a decent wage at a Championship or even some League One  sides. The question was more about would you jump before you were pushed. I don't think theres been hatred or disdain on this post but thats what I was getting at, could you see out your contract knowing the support that you have always been apart of are turning against you. 

Think people need to realise this is his job. It's easy for us to say oh he loves the club and just leave but where does that leave him? He was signed. We all know he isn't good enough and he must know but to say he could just walk away cause his love for the club is just daft imo

I reckon when it comes to it and if there's offers on the table Andy will know what's best for him and for Rangers. 

I'd like to think he will accept a move away (with a heavy heart) and at least that way he won't drain the club of wages. If he leaves at the end of this season I think the vast majority will be sad to see him leave if not for his footballing abilities but for the fact that's he's given up a dream that so many of us will have had and we'll feel his hurt.

That way he will look back on his time here with fondness and when he returns to the stands he'll be treated like a hero returning and that's the way it should be, he's done his bit and returned us to the top league and unfortunately that's where it will end. 

If it were to become public knowledge that he is away at the end of the season you can bet we'll give him some send off. 

Absolute shite. Not a chance. 

Hi its Andy Hallidays agent here he's looking for a new club. He's on a free.

Thought he was under contract at Rangers. Did he not start their recent semi?

Yea but he decided he wasnt good enough and read a thread on a forum and came to realise he was a drain on wages.

What a guy. Ok get him in then.

Maybe it is a good idea after all

1 hour ago, Queen's_highway said:

Think people need to realise this is his job. It's easy for us to say oh he loves the club and just leave but where does that leave him? He was signed. We all know he isn't good enough and he must know but to say he could just walk away cause his love for the club is just daft imo

Correct 

The same stuff was said about Ally McCoist.

Seriously if folks think Andy would just leave because of his love of the club they are fucking bonkers. 

It's a job, who would leave their job because they are shite at it. Actually who believes they are shite at what they do anyway? 

It's stupid nonsense - Andy will remain until a better offer comes in or his contract is about to end and he has to weigh up the options for him and his family not his employer. 

We are all better players in our head than in reality - I'm 57 and still working on my game :pipe: 

if I was in his position I'd fight tooth and nail to remain.

oh and Andy is a confident chap - so he probably thinks he is where he belongs, but really it's down to the manager and as yet I have no idea on Pedro but Halliday future will be his call, not Andy's 

Absolutely nothing against Andy Halliday personally - I have given more slack than I would any other player purely on the basis that he's one of our own but that only stretches so far. His performances this season have been horseshit and he needs to go in the summer. 

Of course, if I were in his shoes, you'd have to boot me out the club there's no way I'd voluntarily leave.

3 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Agreed contracts work both ways

Not a chance I would walk away.

I would give everything I had, constantly wanting to improve until the day someone told me I wasn't wanted or needed.

I would then walk away with my head held high- one a Ranger, always a Ranger.