***** The Official Scottish Youth Cup Final thread *****

Rangers U20's v tarrier youth. 

26 April 2017. Hampden Park, Glasgow (behind closed doors).

7.30pm kick off.

Game will be streamed live on the SFA's YouTube channel.

Murty and Mulholland have both said in their pre-match interviews that it is a very young squad (average age around 17) and getting to the final itself is a great achievement. 

It's a shame that fans aren't allowed to go along and show some support and instead they'll be playing in a big empty shitheep of a stadium. But all the best to GM and the boys in any case.

Some pre-match interviews:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see some of the merit in promoting younger boys (these boys at the age of 17) to an older age group (20's) to play against more experienced and refined youngsters i.e this Celtic team in a final, but at somepoint we need to try and develop a winning mentality and get our youth teams winning trophies.

I wonder if the flip side and any damage to having younger boys play in a higher level of youths' is ever considered? 

Either way, good luck lads. Get stuck in anyway and give a good account of yourselves - worried it will be another pumping, though. Must admit. 

Shame it's behind closed doors, these games are always hard fought & raw as fuck. Guaranteed they'll show a lot more passion & heart than the big team did on Sunday. 

Considering a lot of these boys are 17, still in high school and yet still managed to reach the youth cup final, it's some achievement. 

Getting the excuses in early. Good to see :tu:

18 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Rangers U20's v tarrier youth. 

26 April 2017. Hampden Park, Glasgow (behind closed doors).

7.30pm kick off.

Game will be streamed live on the SFA's YouTube channel.

Murty and Mulholland have both said in their pre-match interviews that it is a very young squad (average age around 17) and getting to the final itself is a great achievement. 

It's a shame that fans aren't allowed to go along and show some support and instead they'll be playing in a big empty shitheep of a stadium. But all the best to GM and the boys in any case.

Some pre-match interviews:

8 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

Getting the excuses in early. Good to see :tu:

Aye that's what it is. Getting excuses in by pointing out that a team a couple years younger than the age group they are competing in is a great achievement. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye that's what it is. Getting excuses in by pointing out that a team a couple years younger than the age group they are competing in is a great achievement. 

Aye but we're Ranjurs an awrrat. 

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I see some of the merit in promoting younger boys (these boys at the age of 17) to an older age group (20's) to play against more experienced and refined youngsters i.e this Celtic team in a final, but at somepoint we need to try and develop a winning mentality and get our youth teams winning trophies.

I wonder if the flip side and any damage to having younger boys play in a higher level of youths' is ever considered? 

Either way, good luck lads. Get stuck in anyway and give a good account of yourselves - worried it will be another pumping, though. Must admit. 

You mean the same under 17s who are on the brink of winning their league? 

Just now, The Dude said:

We very well might be but then Celtic won 9 reserve titles on the spin and couldn't develop youngsters worth a fuck.

My original comment was intended as a sort of gallows humour. I detest the scum as much as anyone on here (more than most , probably)

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You mean the same under 17s who are on the brink of winning their league? 

Whats that got to do with my point? I'm talking about having a team old enough and capable enough to match this physical and developed Celtic unders team for some silverware or have we just written off that age group and concentrating on the 17s now?

for someone that takes such a passionate interest in u20s in amazed you never seem to care about the success/results of them 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Whats that got to do with my point? I'm talking about having a team old enough and capable enough to match this physical and developed Celtic unders team for some silverware or have we just written off that age group and concentrating on the 17s now?

for someone that takes such a passionate interest in u20s in amazed you never seem to care about the success/results of them 

"At some point we need to develop a winning mentality" 

U17s on course to win title, make Cup final, U20s make Cup final despite being several years younger. 

Ill let you figure it our for yourself. 

I don't particularly care too much about results. It's about developing players. That's what their success is measured on. Not winning trophies.  (Clues in the name Development League) Over the course of this season that development  has been clear to see and anyone who has watched them often would likely agree with that. 

Just now, The Dude said:

"At some point we need to develop a winning mentality" 

U17s on course to win title, make Cup final, U20s make Cup final despite being several years younger. 

Ill let you figure it our for yourself. 

I don't particularly care too much about results. It's about developing players. That's what their success is measured on. Not winning trophies.  (Clues in the name Development League) Over the course of this season that development  has been clear to see and anyone who has watched them often would likely agree with that. 

At this level under 20s re winning mentality I was talking about - you know that fine well ... success at under 17s doesn't mean as much imo than 20's because that's the final step up to first team 

we need a strong 20s to win things and give them the mentality for first team football 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

At this level under 20s re winning mentality I was talking about - you know that fine well ... success at under 17s doesn't mean as much imo than 20's because that's the final step up to first team 

we need a strong 20s to win things and give them the mentality for first team football 

And many of the boys in both squads are the same. Houston, Gray, Gilmour, Thomson, Rudden, and a few others have been involved with both sides throughout the season.