Kenny Miller finally offered a new deal

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I know why folk think it but his signing isn't an indication of no budget but of his contribution to the team. If anything it means there's more money to spend elsewhere without the possibility of signing a dud or a misfit. I'm glad he's getting a new contract, he deserves it.

He only deserves it depending what role he will play next season. There are some posters here who think he is the best striker we have, I hope that isn't going to be case next season. This could be an indication that what we intend to spend in the summer won't be a lot, and that is concerning. 

Much as I like Miller , if he's just going to sit on the bench and be an impact player I don't see the point,someone of his age needs to be playing regular as the body starts to slow down and reactions are not as sharp ,if he's only being brought on as sub occasionally . On a side note why didn't we just give him jjs role and save money?

5 hours ago, The Tavernator said:

I was assuming we're chucking Wagmiss and Garmiss, so would be after new strikers. 

No as both of them have lucrative contracts unless someone comes in and makes a bid for them which they then agree personal terms we are stuck with. The same for the rest of the squad.

8 hours ago, Broxi said:

Don't know how I feel. He's been the best striker this season but he was also the easiest to offload. Now we need to find clubs who will take Waghorn and Garner. 

Well we can sell Garner back to PNE for 2 million as we have developed him.:whistle:

7 hours ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

The only one at Rangers right now who knows what the script is. 

Or should that not be, knows what the script should be?

The board have stated that second is a success but don't worry because 3rd is the same and we still get european football.

Not fit for purpose our board.

But well done Kenny.

40 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Much as I like Miller , if he's just going to sit on the bench and be an impact player I don't see the point,someone of his age needs to be playing regular as the body starts to slow down and reactions are not as sharp ,if he's only being brought on as sub occasionally . On a side note why didn't we just give him jjs role and save money?

Was he not supposed to be a bench player only this season?  And last season?  And the season before that?

55 minutes ago, gj923 said:

No as both of them have lucrative contracts unless someone comes in and makes a bid for them which they then agree personal terms we are stuck with. The same for the rest of the squad.

Start of the season when mentioned about waghorn and tav not agreeing deals, I was a bit posed off, as they were good last season.

now, maybe keep tav, wag, I'd sell to forest today if I could ( guaranteed warburton will want him).

Glad Kenny is staying, but fear he is long past his best and it shows, Does he deserve a new contract ? Yes but it should have been as a player coach.

Kenny will always give 100% but his game was all about speed and chasing defenders all over the park and he would be a sub next season for me , but under King and co he will be our star signing.

I honestly fear the worst as King expects to give the manager peanuts and win the title and that is never gonna happen , so this is the sort of signing we have to put up with. 

Kenny can only do so much and a regular starter he is not if we are serious about getting back to the top.

A great servant to the club but passed his best. 

7 hours ago, The Tavernator said:

I was assuming we're chucking Wagmiss and Garmiss, so would be after new strikers. 

We can't just "chuck" them as they're under contract with us for next season and beyond.  Unless we can find someone to come in and buy them they'll be staying right here.  I would've thought the club would be trying to free up as much money as possible for a summer squad rebuild.  Keeping Miller, who isn't good enough to win us the league, seems rather pointless.  People keep talking about the subs bench but what about guys like Dodoo? 

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

Was he not supposed to be a bench player only this season?  And last season?  And the season before that?

Kenny is the best of a very bad group of strikers and his overall return of goals this season is nowhere near good enough.  I'd say none of our players midfield to front are good enough and that's why we've had such a poor goals return this season.  Look at the league table:

Capture22.thumb.PNG.ef289bf9fb31dca715816f3f1d505e6e.PNG

48 goals in the league is fucking dire.  Yet people on here are adamant that guys like Barrie McKay and Kenny Miller are good enough for next season? 

9 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I agree, Kenny can still contribute playing and a good influence in the squad but surely there will be new strikers coming in.

:unsure:

I really hope so, having Kenny as cover is a great thing but asking him to lead the line at 38 is nuts. 

What happens if we get a run of games? He can't play Sat/Wed/Sat this season never mind next season. 

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We can't just "chuck" them as they're under contract with us for next season and beyond.  Unless we can find someone to come in and buy them they'll be staying right here.  I would've thought the club would be trying to free up as much money as possible for a summer squad rebuild.  Keeping Miller, who isn't good enough to win us the league, seems rather pointless.  People keep talking about the subs bench but what about guys like Dodoo? 

Millers influence around the training ground and in the dressing room is every bit as important as anything that he can offer on the park.

At a time when we have a squad full of absolute shitebags I don't know why anybody would be so quick to just get rid of the one player in the squad who hasn't disgraced himself this season and  knows exactly what is required and expected at the club.