Kenny Miller finally offered a new deal

well deserved. Hopefully gives him a boost for Saturday!

Even if he is bit part player next season, good guy to have in dressing room and for younger players. Think its a good sign Pedro is keeping Miller and bringing in JJ as no.3. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, DBBTB said:

Millers influence around the training ground and in the dressing room is every bit as important as anything that he can offer on the park.

At a time when we have a squad full of absolute shitebags I don't know why anybody would be so quick to just get rid of the one player in the squad who hasn't disgraced himself this season and  knows exactly what is required and expected at the club.

I see no evidence of an "influence" as the team is absolutely fucking dire and he's partly responsible for that.  If he has such a profound influence why is he not using it right now?

I would be quick to get rid of him because his goal return is so poor and he's nowhere near the standard required to challenge Celtic for the title:

2.PNG.5411199a8eb111efc0355de77ecdf1a7.PNG

1.thumb.PNG.2ebf08c3c9778df4a536dadf46a84523.PNG

57 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Start of the season when mentioned about waghorn and tav not agreeing deals, I was a bit posed off, as they were good last season.

now, maybe keep tav, wag, I'd sell to forest today if I could ( guaranteed warburton will want him).

Do you think it's better if forest stay up or they go down? Both could result in a transfer kitty 

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Kenny is the best of a very bad group of strikers and his overall return of goals this season is nowhere near good enough.  I'd say none of our players midfield to front are good enough and that's why we've had such a poor goals return this season.  Look at the league table:

Capture22.thumb.PNG.ef289bf9fb31dca715816f3f1d505e6e.PNG

48 goals in the league is fucking dire.  Yet people on here are adamant that guys like Barrie McKay and Kenny Miller are good enough for next season? 

Nobody is saying he's torn the league apart.  But I'd much rather get rid of Waghorn, Garner and probably even McKay before Miller.

It's not as if he'll demand a massive wage either is it?

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I see no evidence of an "influence" as the team is absolutely fucking dire and he's partly responsible for that.  If he has such a profound influence why is he not using it right now?

I would be quick to get rid of him because his goal return is so poor and he's nowhere near the standard required to challenge Celtic for the title:

You don't see 'evidence' of his influence but it only took Caixinha, who works with the players every day, a matter of weeks to see his influence and value and tie him down on a new deal.

33 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Happy for Kenny.

With young Hardie coming back next season that's five strikers in the first team with Miller being the best of them though that can't be allowed by kick off time.

5 strikers and none would even make the Celtic bench. That is where we are just now. A clear out has never been needed more. 

Next season we absolutely must see a far better, far more competitive Rangers side.  A side that is a credible title challenger and still well in the hunt for the title this time next season.     Now Miller may not be the man to rely on for a lot goals next season but assuming there is to be a bit of a clearout in summer he must use all his Rangers experience to quickly get it into the heads of those who arrive that they must deliver the goals right from day one and right throughout the season.    If he makes a solid contribution to doing that as well as pitching in with goals himself he'll have earned his contract.   It's probably less about playing a lot of games or playing full 90mins in games next season and a lot more about what he is able to do to help get a whole lot more goals scored by the strikers whoever they may be (assuming they are not Garner and Waghorn as it doesn't seem to matter how many chances they get they don't deliver anywhere near enough).

well I am really disappointed if he has been given the contract as a player. He is done, finished, kaput and isnt going to get better next season. he would have been a decent wage off the wage bill as well. Being marginally better than what we have doesn't detract from his deficiencies as a player. 

Im more than disappointed actually, I feel that's a worrying sign of the standard of player we are looking to next season.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

5 strikers and none would even make the Celtic bench. That is where we are just now. A clear out has never been needed more. 

Don't give a single fuck what they have or do but we need to strengthen massively literally every single player could easily be replaced.

11 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Good. He's stepped up big time again this season, when initially it was thought he'd be on the bench more often than not. Can't really afford to be binning one of the few guys who gets what playing for Rangers is all about. 

I think he's a good example for the younger players, both in the first team and U20s.

I'd be starting with Miller & Dodoo on Saturday. 

I'd be starting with 11 players myself but everyone has their own style

Just now, folkestoneger said:

I'd be starting with 11 players myself but everyone has their own style

I'd maybe chuck in a few defenders and midfielders to go along with Wes, Kenny and Dodoo, but I dunno about this whole 'starting eleven' stuff. Hasn't been working for us very well this season.... 

I know a lot of you think it shows we have no money but he's been outstanding this season once again so deserves the new contract and think about this, we haven't had to spend any money on him leaving more for other signings, in my book that's a win win.

:pipe:

21 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

I know a lot of you think it shows we have no money but he's been outstanding this season once again so deserves the new contract and think about this, we haven't had to spend any money on him leaving more for other signings, in my book that's a win win.

:pipe:

We also haven't got any of our underperforming strikers off the wage bill. 

So as it stands it's the same strike force as this season ?

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We can't just "chuck" them as they're under contract with us for next season and beyond.  Unless we can find someone to come in and buy them they'll be staying right here.  I would've thought the club would be trying to free up as much money as possible for a summer squad rebuild.  Keeping Miller, who isn't good enough to win us the league, seems rather pointless.  People keep talking about the subs bench but what about guys like Dodoo? 

Dodoo seems to be our best finisher, by far. Miller showed what he can do with his 2 against the sheep. Hopefully we have a good sales team who can persuade an English championship team that Waghorn and Garner are their dream players.

A few million for 2 strikers and 2 midfielders should get us far next season.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You are comparing a 37 yr old veteran to guys in their prime!!!

If it wasn't for Miller we wouldn't even be close to 3rd, he's definitely worth a new contract but as back up.