Would you have Lafferty back?  

511 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Lafferty back?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Are we talking about the same player? He is not an out and out goal scorer.

If his previous spell was anything to go by, he'd just be hitting a wee patch of form around now....

He might have expressed regret over it today, but the way he left us is still a problem (although I'm sure most people would forget about it once he started scoring goals).  

It's funny that there are actually quite a lot of parallels between his career and Miller's career pre 2008 when he rejoined us.

Both flattered to deceive in their first spells here before leaving and bouncing around several clubs without having much success despite being really important players at international level and the support were/are not happy at the prospect of them coming back for another spell.

If we got the Kyle Lafferty who plays for Northern Ireland I actually think he would do alright for us if he was to come back. I'd certainly rather have him than Waghorn or Garner but that's not really saying much.

I wonder what McGregor Broadfoot Weir Papac Bougherra Wylde Edu Davis Naismith and Jelavic are up to as well?

These threads are a nonsense dunno why people are clinging on to players that won the league 6 years ago. They've all gone we need to look elsewhere now.

The only former 2 players that have any genuine quality and are in form are Aluko and Davis. And there's no hope in signing any of these

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He might have expressed regret over it today, but the way he left us is still a problem (although I'm sure most people would forget about it once he started scoring goals).  

It's funny that there are actually quite a lot of parallels between his career and Miller's career pre 2008 when he rejoined us.

Both flattered to deceive in their first spells here before leaving and bouncing around several clubs without having much success despite being really important players at international level and the support were/are not happy at the prospect of them coming back for another spell.

If we got the Kyle Lafferty who plays for Northern Ireland I actually think he would do alright for us if he was to come back. I'd certainly rather have him than Waghorn or Garner but that's not really saying much.

We can't really ignore his recent goalscoring form, in league football, and five goals in three seasons is not good enough; what you are suggesting is that we sign him on some sort of reputation alone. He is not Kenny Miller, and it is a disservice to Miller that you would say Lafferty and him are alike; Kenny is a far more consistent performer, and played with a lot more heart and desire over one match than Lafferty ever did in his entire time here. This would be a backward move, and it is time the Rangers support started demanding that we have the best players again. This thread shouldn't even be a consideration.

Aiden McGeady is better than Waghorn as well. Why not have a poll about him coming to Ibrox in the summer?

Why start these moronic threads about the walk-away cunts? The outcomes are always the same.

I said this in the topic largely focussing on Naismith and the same applies to this.

Hand-on-heart, if Steven Naismith ever walks through the doors of Ibrox as a Rangers employee again, I will give-up my season ticket and never return.

This isn't about strengthening the squad. This is about genuine self-respect.

As we lay bleeding to death, financially, the little Ayrshire bluenose-from-birth, our captain and co. denied us the right to a much needed transfer fee in favour of enhancing both their salaries and signing-on fees elsewhere. They couldn't have played in the Third Division or sacrifice their international careers? Cop-out. Of course they couldn't and nor could we afford their wages. For a prime example and how they should have conducted themselves, look no further than Bocanegra and Edu, two full internationals (one being the captain) of a nation much more competitive on the world stage, therefore more at stake.

To add salt to the wound, Naismith - raised a little Bear in Stewarton before fulfilling his dream of playing for the Queen's eleven - pro-actively organised a press conference to justify his actions, saying - and I quote - "Rangers Football Club no longer exists in its original form"

I mean this wholeheartedly; I would rather sign Scott Brown and hand him the captain's arm band than have any of those back on trial; at least he's loyal.

If we sign him and he helps us win the league then I don't think anyone will mind.

He isn't the best player but but he can step up and have brilliant spells as he showed with us before and for NI. 

I believe people used to call him the Ulster Gazelle. Bring him home.

34 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

“Obviously I’d jump at the chance to go back to Rangers. Everyone knows my love for the club,” says Lafferty.

“Hopefully they would look at me and think I could do a job for them. I have shown what I can do at international level in recent years and I believe I could make a positive impact at the right club for me. I really would jump at the chance to go back to Rangers.”

Numerous papers quoting him today

It's not really up to us if any of them came back. If any of them did come back they'd have to expect disapproval from fans and work hard to prove themselves worthy to wear the shirt again. There's still a lot of bad feeling about them walking away.

2 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

If we sign him and he helps us win the league then I don't think anyone will mind.

He isn't the best player but but he can step up and have brilliant spells as he showed with us before and for NI. 

I believe people used to call him the Ulster Gazelle. Bring him home.

I will mind.  Get the rat bastard with the rest of the rat bastards who fucked us over to fuck,

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We can't really ignore his recent goalscoring form, in league football, and five goals in three seasons is not good enough; what you are suggesting is that we sign him on some sort of reputation alone. He is not Kenny Miller, and it is a disservice to Miller that you would say Lafferty and him are alike; Kenny is a far more consistent performer, and played a lot more heart and desire over one match than Lafferty ever should in his entire time here. This would be a backward move, and it is time the Rangers support started demanding that we have the best players again. This thread shouldn't even be a consideration.

It's not like I'm comparing their abilities or application as players, I simply said that their careers have followed similar trajectories and when you look at it they pretty much have.

Maybe interesting to note that Miller himself had only scored eleven league goals in his previous three league seasons (while playing far more games) before we signed him in 2008 so it's not like he was ripping up any trees before he came back either.

I do think an older, more experienced and probably a more mature Lafferty would do ok for us but I don't actually think we will sign him so I think this whole thread is a bit pointless and will end up being loads of rage about nothing :lol:

5 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

The way they left still hurts, but I'm getting that desperate to win this fuckin title again I would take Kyle, and Shagger, and Davis. The 'It's not the same club' brigade can catch aids.

I wish we could afford a player as good as Davis now :(

14 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Aiden McGeady is better than Waghorn as well. Why not have a poll about him coming to Ibrox in the summer?

Why start these moronic threads about the walk-away cunts? The outcomes are always the same.

Because we could be in a position depending on the money that kinggives us,  that guys like lafferty are what we are going to get. Or do as we did last year and get duds. Its a discussion mate no one is saying they want him back just that they would or wouldn't like it happening depending if it did or not.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I wish we could afford a player as good as Davis now :(

He cost £3 million, I would hope we could afford that again for a player in the not too distant future. If this club is to have success he is the type of player we should be going for; not Davis personally, but a similar player.

3 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Because we could be in a position depending on the money that kinggives us,  that guys like lafferty are what we are going to get. Or do as we did last year and get duds. Its a discussion mate no one is saying they want him back just that they would or wouldn't like it happening depending if it did or not.

Are you saying that Lafferty is not a dud?

If we are going to sign a dud anyway, I'd rather sign one who hasn't previously booted the club and fans in the Rab Haws.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Are you saying that Lafferty is not a dud?

Personally if we are going to sign a dud anyway, I'd rather sign one who hasn't previously booted the club and fans in the Rab Haws.

Is he as bad as garner and waghorn ? When shopping in the places we have been and probably have too this window, its more about getting the better duds fs! I know lafferty is nothing special but i reckon he could win a header in midfield unlike the players we have now. 

7 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

That's fine but as long as the board allow us season ticket holders a refund to any fan who renewed if they sign any those rat bastards. 

They return then fans will walk as we did not buy shares and season books at lower level just to get fucked over by the board as it's the easy solution.

If the board want to lose respect and thousands of season books then go ahead as I have 2 which I would want refunded on when I renew if any these cunts came in