Barton Banned for 18 months

17 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Nah ,he'll end with with 6 month ban and some professional help for the gambling 

Which would be the same length of ban as anyone else who never played in a game and bet on their team losing has ever got.

Should take the FA to court and force them to justify why his punishment is 3X harsher than anyone else

Joke of an organisation

His statement sums up this absolute roaster of a man:

Second, on the few occasions where I placed a bet on my own team to lose, I was not involved in the match day squad for any of those games. I did not play. I was not even on the bench. I had no more ability to influence the outcome than had I been betting on darts, snooker, or a cricket match in the West Indies. I should add that on some of those occasions, my placing of the bet on my own team to lose was an expression of my anger and frustration at not being picked or being unable to play. I understand people will think that is childish and selfish and I cannot disagree with that.

:belm:

Just now, WGOH said:

We've all got an opinion on him and he is a wanker, but that is fucking ridiculous :lol: 18 months when you consider that he is fucking horrendous at betting

It does seem to be influenced by his 'controversial' personality and there is a feeling that this is payback by the FA for previous behaviours. It would be enlightening to know who was on the panel that reached this conclusion and draconian punishment. 

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

His statement sums up this absolute roaster of a man:

:belm:

Before this he actually makes a very good point, in that betting companies and offers etc are everywhere in around football, especially the EPL, and that it's very hypocritical of the FA to have such a harsh stance on gambling.

Then he comes out with this nonsense.

Joey Barton in a nutshell.

Not that I'm suggesting he comes back but does the ban only apply to England? If not he could move abroad play in china or something? Not sure how it would work with visa in china due to criminal record I know he won't get into America. Think he will work in telly now 

2 hours ago, miracle said:

It did seem harsh to me at first but it's over 1000 offences over a ten year period.  He knew the rules and broke them repeatedly.

This. And is he claiming that he has a specific addiction to gambling on football? I'd take some convincing that you can claim a medical cause for that. There are loads of other sports he could have indulged his addiction with.