Pedro Ashamed after Sunday

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/pedro-ashamed-old-firm/
PEDRO CAIXINHA says he was ashamed to show his face after Sunday’s semi-final defeat to Celtic.

The Rangers boss admits he let down the Light Blues fans with a performance lacking passion at Hampden and has vowed to turn that around for Saturday’s rematch at Ibrox.

Caixinha has called on his players to show more aggression and commitment to the cause when they run out this weekend.

Speaking to RangersTV the manager said:

“It does worry me a little that the aggression was missing on Sunday; I wanted it from the very beginning.

“We have a principle and this week I am going to work on it a lot – we call it the 10 second principle.

“If you start with the ball or your opponents start with it then you need to create some sort of danger within the 10 seconds.

“The ball must be closer to the opponent’s goal or if the ball starts with the opponent then you must recover the ball within the 10 seconds. Did you see that in the last match? I don’t think so.

“We need to be angry about that and because it is an Old Firm game we need to feel shame about it because we didn’t perform.

“We didn’t have the passion that this club is giving to us. After the match we went to the Player of the Year dinner and I was feeling ashamed because I couldn’t give the fans the same passion as I was receiving there.

“I want my team to have a different sort of commitment, to have a different level of concentration and a different competitive attitude.

“We prepare the team to be aggressive and we want the team to be aggressive in a good way for the whole game, you can’t even have 45 seconds where you are not focussed.

“You have small throw in that maybe means nothing but for you to get the momentum in the game you can’t allow the other team into the game. Maybe the doubts are coming in moments like that and that is definitely what I don’t want.”

Caixinha doesn’t think it was his plan going into the 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat that was wrong but the way it was executed.

Now the Portuguese wants to focus on getting all his players to sing from the same hymn sheet – something he doesn’t think happened on Sunday.

He continued: “I used the day off on Monday to look at the game and we analysed the game on Tuesday with the players. We came to the conclusion that normally we have two ways of seeing one plan.

“If it is a bad plan and everybody believes in it and tries to execute it then maybe it can become a good plan. When it is a brilliant plan but you don’t execute it then you will never know it so what we expect now is to have a good plan with good execution.

“When we analysed the game in some moments of the game some players were acting in one direction, which was the right direction and other players were not doing the same thing at the same time.

“We have to have coordination about the ideas so everybody acts at the same time in the same direction.”

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

10 second principal  - does he just make this shite up?

Guardiola used to have a 6 second one at barca iirc

When we analysed the game in some moments of the game some players were acting in one direction, which was the right direction and other players were not doing the same thing at the same time.

“We have to have coordination about the ideas so everybody acts at the same time in the same direction.”

So the players either don't get what Pedro is telling them to do, or don't want to 'get it', or 'get it' but are simply unable to deliver what he wants to see happening.

For next season - and very preferably for this next game and for the rest of this season - there needs to be more from the players about auctioning as coached for each game.   If they are still not getting it by the end of the season then surely they need to be replaced.   It's also important that Pedro gets his coaching messages across to the players in a way which is effective enough for them to get what he requires from them and to then go and do it.  

Of course any plan is only as good as it looks on paper or as it appears on a training ground or as it is rehearsed by the team.  Contact with the opposition can be a spoiler for the best of plans.   It's planning that counts and ability to quickly adapt to circumstances.     Let's see if we see a far better result and performance on Saturday.    It's not just Pedro who should be feeling ashamed after the semi-final.......the players have a lot to prove.

In a way he's calling out some players as he mentions that they weren't all pulling in the same direction from his Rangers TV clip.

I definitely didn't see the aggression we've seen in various other games since he's came in and that was disappointing.

It feels to me like certain players simply froze.

I genuinely believe him here. I don't think the manager told the players to play without any effort and at half time he made some changes and got a reaction. If not for the penalty we might have just turned things around so I expect a far better game this weekend.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

10 second principal  - does he just make this shite up?

Pedro talks a fair bit about 'moments' in the game.   Maybe he broadly measures these moments in 10 second intervals.   Speed of reaction, speed of action, speed of accurate incisive delivery, speed of ability to anticipate danger and nullify it and so on.   Maybe its one of his ways of sussing out who in the squad have some sort of capability to sharpen up all round so that their speed of thinking, speed of action, quality of action is vastly improved next season?   And if they can't in these sorts of OF games or for the rest of this season then their place at Ibrox next season looks less assured?      I'm trying to be optimistic here.  

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He has inherited a team with no heart, not guts and no character which is hardly his fault, even the previous manager spoke about players lacking the heart to take people on.  

Ok fair enough, but even Graeme murty managed to get them to put in a performance at the tattiedome. That disgrace on Sunday was probably the worst Old Firm performance I have ever seen. Even clipboard Kenny's was better. 

Desperate for this guy to do well, but you always get a gut feeling about most things in life, and it is rarely wrong 

Just now, wearethepeople1 said:

Ok fair enough, but even Graeme murty managed to get them to put in a performance at the tattiedome. That disgrace on Sunday was probably the worst Old Firm performance I have ever seen. Even clipboard Kenny's was better. 

Desperate for this guy to do well, but you always get a gut feeling about most things in life, and it is rarely wrong 

Gut feeling was Warburton was magic.

My guts are fucked.