Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

Is this just basically faster pitch geography.   :huh:

I can see the opportunity for a whole new football sports science opening up........synchronised pitch geography sat-navs.......so that each player is programmed to be where he needs to be, at the right time, at the right pace, and making the right decisions as a result.    Maybe even with personal monitoring drones to 'prod' (motivate) them into corrective behaviour.   All controlled by the coach in the dugout.   

Phew!   That's my inventive spell over for the day.   In the good old days it was a case of players listening carefully to what they were told by the manager (in plain simple terms); then going onto the pitch and doing what they were told to do ......or else....; and forging near telepathic understandings with team mates so that the sort of confusion seen last Sunday either never happened in big games or was a rarity.

So much has changed for the modern-day game.   Think I'll invest in shares of drone-software companies.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

10 second principal  - does he just make this shite up?

I've heard that referenced in psychology terms for the time it takes for the fight or flight mechanism to kick in. Maybe he's trying to hone in on their decision making skills 

19 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

One of the things that put me right off Warburton was the way he slunk away after last season's cup final without as much as a word of apology for a performance as bad as last Sunday's. 

I suppose at least Pedro has acknowledged it.

Warburton should of been gone at that point.

Disappeared until pre season and even then didn't seem bothered what had happened. 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I've heard that referenced in psychology terms for the time it takes for the fight or flight mechanism to kick in. Maybe he's trying to hone in on their decision making skills 

maybe. I would rather he stopped telling us what he is going to do, or what he tried to do that failed, and just put something together that works, without all the football techno babble that seems to surround him.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

maybe. I would rather he stopped telling us what he is going to do, or what he tried to do that failed, and just put something together that works, without all the football techno babble that seems to surround him.

Maybe he feels he has a duty to keep fans in the loop with his methods good or bad. I just think he needs to explain the 'psycho babble' in layman terms rather than psychology terms

He is pissing in to the wind trying to get any aggression from most they players. 

Also is there really people on here ripping the pish out some of the stuff our foreign manager says in his 2nd/3rd language? Embarrassing. Expect that from Keith Jackson not on here. 

They obviously prefer to hear "we go again", "they wanted it more" blah blah blah your normal shitey British cliches

I think Pedro is starting to think he is Brian Clough or something. Either that or he is morphing into David Icke. Getting a sickly feeling about it all now. I don't want to pre judge him, but he should give this stuff a rest. We need action and play, cos talk is cheap.

5 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

I think Pedro is starting to think he is Brian Clough or something. Either that or he is morphing into David Icke. Getting a sickly feeling about it all now. I don't want to pre judge him, but he should give this stuff a rest. We need action and play, cos talk is cheap.

I wish knew someone in mexico they could probably tell us what we want to know 

I am glad Pedro was ashamed, because it was a totally unacceptable performance as far as I am concerned.

Surely the players know that and will step up their game on Sat, it is certainly a game that Pedro needs to win or at least not lose IMO or the number of fans turning on him will increase and that so soon into the job is not good. 

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

:tu:

16 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Maybe he feels he has a duty to keep fans in the loop with his methods good or bad. I just think he needs to explain the 'psycho babble' in layman terms rather than psychology terms

:tu:

How to play football

1. A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.

2. Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple. 

3. The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don’t know the game.

4. If you’ve got three Scots in your side, you’ve got a chance of winning something. If you’ve got any more, you’re in trouble.

5. If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be. 

6. At a football club, there’s a holy trinity: the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques. 

Winning mentality 
7. If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

All the above are quotes from Bill Shankly ..... #'s 2,5&7 are highlighted for the purpose of this thread.

Sometimes the old ones are the best .... and don't need to be dressed up too much to get the message across.

:UK:  

29 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I hope he doesn't turn out to be the kind of manager who talks a good game ... the fact we have another game against them on Saturday means he should look to be doing his talking on the park 

Jock Wallace focused on 'character building' so the approach Pedro has taken is nothing new.  it 's just labeled differently 'sports psychology'. He needs a fair crack at the whip. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I know these tactics are the norm in top leagues in Europe but Scotland isn't a top league in Europe - this is exactly why I think Pedro is a gamble that won't pay off ... you can't do it at Rangers and expect us to just excel in Scotland and rise above the rest if so Le Guen, Delia, Venglos and to a lesser extent Warburton would all have had success 

forget all that fancy tactical talk - it will never work in Scotland - successful Old Firm managers like O'Neill, Smith, McLeish and even wee Advocaat made their teams big brave and organised. 

This is why a director of football would be a waste of time too.

Why do European teams find it so easy to play against Scottish opposition,  if Scotland is this special place where the normal rules don't apply?

Persnally I disagree with the advocaat comment. His teams played the most sophisticated football ever see in Scotland and certainly ever played by a Scottish team in Europe.