Pedro Ashamed after Sunday

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Zulu said:

If he doesnt beat these bastards on Sat he better get a tin helmet for the flack that will becoming his way

I don't see why, the players are fucking shite. 

A better performance is required, but if we lose it just further hammers home that the players just aren't good enough. 

44 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

PLG, Mowbray and Warburton, the 3 most 'modern' managers in Scoland recently, look how that turned out.  To completely turn around the culture of a club you need time and money, neither of those things are available to a Rangers manager.

Exactly. Bringing in a modern thinking manager into a football culture stuck in the past will take longer to work...if it ever will work.

13 hours ago, pcbear said:

Football is a simple game made complicated by coaches, I reckon they should put a hold on the overthinking and stop bypassing the basic fundimentals of the game.

one that can catch, three that can tackle, four that can pass and three that can score was the way Brian Clough described his team.

Football has changed mate. Theres a reason only British managers think like that anymore and British national and domestic teams are so far behind. 

Regulary pumped out the CL, EL, WC and Euros.

17 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Football has changed mate. Theres a reason only British managers think like that anymore and British national and domestic teams are so far behind. 

Not all British coaches think that way. Some of them are smart enough to recognise the game passing Britain by. Fact is that too many people involved in the game directly or indirectly stand to get left behind because if the attitude shifts they will get left behind and therefore be out of a job.

Warburton could have came up and been a success and still faced the same derision from certain quarters of our game and our media. Rodgers is lucky he's been so successful and there's so many bheggars in the media otherwise he would face the same treatment. Those people's taigery over-rides any sense of self preservation. Which in a totally unrelated point shows you how mentally ill they really are.

21 minutes ago, PRW. said:

It hasn't changed in this country though and it won't anytime soon, that's the key point.

3 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

It hasn't changed in this country though and it won't anytime soon, that's the key point.

Thats true but are we just going to sit back and let our country fall ever further behind? The majority of football people in Scotland are absolute dinosaurs. We're about 15/20 years behind most countrys and showing no signs of actually progressing our football. We'll fall even further behind

Our nation likes to laugh at johnny foreigner but the whole world laughs at Scotland and proceed to pump us in every competition going.

It needs to change. 

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Thats true but are we just going to sit back and let our country fall ever further behind? The majority of football people in Scotland are absolute dinosaurs. We're about 15/20 years behind most countrys and showing no signs of actually progressing our football. We'll fall even further behind

Our nation likes to laugh at johnny foreigner but the whole world laughs at Scotland and proceed to pump us in every competition going.

It needs to change. 

For things to change the likes of Regan/Doncaster need to go and the whole system needs changed. That's a completely different debate.

All I really want is Rangers to be winning trophies again and I don't think the 'modern' approach is the best way to do that.

4 hours ago, JograBear said:

Exactly. Bringing in a modern thinking manager into a football culture stuck in the past will take longer to work...if it ever will work.

He spoke about "passion and commitment" today, in what was a much better press conference. You are slightly exaggerating the criticism of the manager; which a few others are doing on this thread. I think most fans get the need for tactics.

4 hours ago, Zulu said:

If he doesnt beat these bastards on Sat he better get a tin helmet for the flack that will becoming his way

If he makes tactical mistakes like he did in the last game he will be criticised but he can hardly be criticised about the players as none are his he needs a chance with his own players.

Then we can judge whether he's good or not.

People get tired of the bullshit and want to see real change on the park we are all sick of reading nonsense for the Managers lately and the players.

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

For things to change the likes of Regan/Doncaster need to go and the whole system needs changed. That's a completely different debate.

All I really want is Rangers to be winning trophies again and I don't think the 'modern' approach is the best way to do that.

I don't get why it "has to change" I don't care one bit about Scottish football and think it's the biggest myth ever that Rangers need a strong Scottish football and strong national team - we don't. Fuck them. We just need a strong Rangers and a better Rangers than Celtic.

Im sick of my club being experimented on and us singled handedly being responsible for changing Scottish football at our own expense. 

We don't owe Scotland anything.

I think people live in dream world thinking these methods will work and trying hard to come across as supportive above all else because it looks better than being brutally honest.

Imo Pedros vision and tactics aren't that much different to Warburton's and it didn't work for him. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't get why it "has to change" I don't care one bit about Scottish football and think it's the biggest myth ever that Rangers need a strong Scottish football and strong national team - we don't. Fuck them. We just need a strong Rangers and a better Rangers than Celtic.

Im sick of my club being experimented on and us singled handedly being responsible for changing Scottish football at our own expense. 

I think people live in dream world thinking these methods will work and trying hard to come across as supportive above all else because it looks better than being brutally honest.

Imo Pedros vision and tactics aren't that much different to Warburton's and it didn't work for him. 

Yeah I'd agree with that.

19 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

That's like asking a plumber to improve rusty pipes, when what's needed are new ones. Yep we beat them last year, but has the standard been good enough for this year? I'd say no and that the standards bar needs raising when choosing players to play for Rangers.

I remember how every player at Ibrox improved 100% when Souness arrived ... it really is remarkable the difference it makes when there's a manager who obviously knows what he's doing but perhaps even more importantly the players believe in and want to play for.

I would say a big part of the poor standard over the last year or so has been poor management of course the players could be better and the squad undoubtedly will have to be improved but look at this years league table with the tims out of sight and remember it's basically the same team that we put out of the cup last season  

22 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm glad he is. 

Thats exactly what I want to hear but he's lucky he (and the players) have the chance to make amends at the weekend. They must take it.

Exactly this.

i'm also glad to see that he's not afraid to publicly out the players for under-performing - something the old manager would have climbed mountains to avoid.

6 minutes ago, kingtom80 said:

some people talk a lot off crap;the players are just not good enough.:megaanguish:

No-ones denying that but to be successful you need a good manager with the right tactics too. 

18 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Its amazing what a couple of quality players can do to the team.

You also have to take into consideration the chances they missed in that game. One was an open goal.

Good players make a big difference but nobody makes a bigger difference than a good manager ... remember SAF won 2 european trophies with Aberdeen and Mclean took Dundee utd to a European Cup semi both with teams they had built themselves with very little money to spend.

Taking your chances is all part of the game saying they could have won by more if they had taken their chances is like saying they would have won by less if we could have defended better

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If the football in Scotland progresses and even slightly begins to catch up with the rest of the world then more money will get put in to Scottish football, more players will be open to coming here and Scotland will develop better players. That makes Rangers stronger. 

If Scottish football declines then we decline with it, you've witnessed it. 

It needs to change.

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

If the football in Scotland progresses and even slightly begins to catch up with the rest of the world then more money will get put in to Scottish football, more players will be open to coming here and Scotland will develop better players. That makes Rangers stronger. 

If Scottish football declines then we decline with it, you've witnessed it. 

It needs to change.

Nupe. The strongest seasons Rangers have in my life time 1992/1993 and Manchester Scotland didn't qualify for USA 94, Celtic were about to go bust finishing mid table and the Manchester Scotland hadn't qualified for last 4 competitions, Motherwell, Dunfermline and anyone else representing the co efficient were getting horsed off teams from Iceland and the like .. 

its a myth as I said 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Agree with most of that except the last part. I'm actually wondering why the foreign shit is being brought into it. Warburton's style and formation is more European than Pedro's. The idea that we reject foreigners or foreign methods as numpty's is also far fetched. The likes of Advocaat, Le Guen, and Delia got huge backing and people lapped their shit up. It was the same with Warburton. It's only if we see nothing on the park that questions rightly get raised. But a lot of Pedro's talk is about passion and being aggressive. Not much foreign about a lot of it. Think people understandably want to back him with him being new. We all do but some of us like yourself see there is no signs of any improvement yet. Nothing wrong with saying what we all see but people are getting irritated and raising straw man arguments about it being a lack of football intelligence among us Scots purely because he's foreign. It's not that and if anything a British manager would get it worse for just how disjointed and all over the place we've been playing.