Ryan Hardie

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Has he bulked up any, tall but always seemed a bit lightweight.  

From that clip he looked more agile in his movement. It was a well taken goal; his use of the ball is often overlooked, and it was extremely good for that goal last night.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Here we go, a thread for the Gasparottoites or to give them their Latin name - 

iveneverseentheyouthsbutplaythemlikefuckcosscottishfootballisawashwithtalentus 

Ryan Hardie, you would like to think, has been sent on loan for a reason, which is to get good enough for Rangers. Whether he succeeds at this club is neither here nor there at the moment, but after a few loan spells away, it's time to find that out. Nothing more than that.

51 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Here we go, a thread for the Gasparottoites or to give them their Latin name - 

iveneverseentheyouthsbutplaythemlikefuckcosscottishfootballisawashwithtalentus 

The problem is not seeing Hardie play it's seeing the current strikers play that makes people keen to see Hardie feature.

hopefully a part of Millers contract extension will be what Miller can offer on the training pith to young strikers, miller could make a real difference in their development. I think there is a player in hardie and sometimes you need the lad to be in the first team and pushing for it. In Britain we can sometimes be to obsessed (to a degree) with a young player HAVING to have a good record, or being fantastic at their level before they get a sniff, look at Harry Kane for instance (relative example, am no saying Hardie is Kane) in 13/14 he made 10 apps for spurs scoring three times, then goes on loan to Leicester scores 2 in 13 apps. then in 14/15 gets called up to the fist team because Soldado forgot how to score and goes on to so score 21, and improve every season after. Again am not saying hardie is even close to as good, or ever will be, but its relative. Young guys being in the first team and getting a chance will take their opportunity if they are good enough. I think bring in a striker and having hardie there as well would give us good options up front.

3 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

hopefully a part of Millers contract extension will be what Miller can offer on the training pith to young strikers, miller could make a real difference in their development. I think there is a player in hardie and sometimes you need the lad to be in the first team and pushing for it. In Britain we can sometimes be to obsessed (to a degree) with a young player HAVING to have a good record, or being fantastic at their level before they get a sniff, look at Harry Kane for instance (relative example, am no saying Hardie is Kane) in 13/14 he made 10 apps for spurs scoring three times, then goes on loan to Leicester scores 2 in 13 apps. then in 14/15 gets called up to the fist team because Soldado forgot how to score and goes on to so score 21, and improve every season after. Again am not saying hardie is even close to as good, or ever will be, but its relative. Young guys being in the first team and getting a chance will take their opportunity if they are good enough. I think bring in a striker and having hardie there as well would give us good options up front.

They need a chance and with our team playing the way they are now why not, one thing about Pedro since he come in he's played two young lads rather than make statements on seeing a pathway to the first team like Warburton and doing fuck all about it.

Just now, Smile said:

They need a chance and with our team playing the way they are now why not, one thing about Pedro since he come in he's played two young lads rather than make statements on seeing a pathway to the first team like Warburton and doing fuck all about it.

That's a fair point, both in regards the current and the previous manager, and Beerman has proved himself more than able to handle the step up to the first team.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

You'll see him more than I do, and I think he is a good player, but do you rate him Dude?

He's a good player and would do a job for us next season but he's not likely to be a regular start which, at this point, he really needs to kick on. There's a few I've heard from the U20s who look like they are on the way out and, from a selfish perspective, I'd like them to stay but can see why they are looking at other options now.

If we are all prepared to let him start and play for 3 months to let him settle in then yes give him a chance. 

But he will have a couple of poor to average games and it will be Hardie is shit get him ta fuck. 

I honestly think he's one of those players that can't handle playing for Rangers first team,but looks a player the second he leaves. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's a good player and would do a job for us next season but he's not likely to be a regular start which, at this point, he really needs to kick on. There's a few I've heard from the U20s who look like they are on the way out and, from a selfish perspective, I'd like them to stay but can see why they are looking at other options now.

It really is a bit of a caveat for the club in producing young players in a club like this, and perhaps more should have been done to overcome that when we were in the lower leagues. It's a hard one for the club and the players, and not unique to us either. In an ideal world...

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

agree, i think he is looking at the young lads, he has quite a difficult task to try and assess the first team, see where guys can play how they can play etc, as well as trying to get results. I also think he is definitely looking at the young lads to see who can make the step up so he can see what positions he needs to recruit for, i think i saw in the interview with Mulholland that he got 13/14 boys to train with the first team almost immediately clearly to have a look. also coaches on (and from) the continent tend to have the attitude of if your good enough your old enough, whereas we tend to think, 17 year old starting striker hmm no sure about that, But you have to give them the opportunity the important thing is to identify if firstly they are capable (in the managers opinion) and secondly to identify when they are NOT taking the opportunity/ not capable then you have to remove them from the set up. I also hope he is looking closely at Burt and Barjonas particularly, its a shame hardie is on loan at present as he might have got a sniff.

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Has he bulked up any, tall but always seemed a bit lightweight.  

When I was 18 I weighed 11 stones, I'v trained all my life and don't have a lot of fat on me for a 58 year old but I'm still 14 stones now...Give it time.

50 minutes ago, Rogerramjet25 said:

Do you blame him 

Yes and no. It's apparently his decision to look elsewhere. At 20 he's not really done much to merit a start at Rangers yet. Particularly given he's been on loan since before the manager arrived.