K.A.I

Kenny McLean - Scottish Sun

Vanoli    2,129

Top player at this level, would love to have him on board. He would cost us 7 figures after this past week now unfortunately. 

KingKirk    4,893

The lad would walk to Ibrox from sheep land if given the chance to sign for us same with his gaffer... Good player and someone we should of went for in his st.mirren days

Gaffbear    1,146

He's a vast improvement on anything we have 

PRW.    4,045
35 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Renfrew, christ what a place to go for drinks...

Hawl

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

If he and Jack where jack were brought in to compliment a better standard of player then I would have them signed. If we sign players like him as our main targets then we run into problems. We need to go a level above them and sign them on top of that.

I dont think we run into problems if we sign McLean. He is arguably the best player in scotland outwith Celtic atm. We need players who know the league and the pressure of playing for a club like ours. Hes a huge upgrade on our current midfielders and has the ability to do brilliant for us. 

Turnberry18    2,419
Just now, DumfriesLoyal said:

I dont think we run into problems if we sign McLean. He is arguably the best player in scotland outwith Celtic atm. We need players who know the league and the pressure of playing for a club like ours. Hes a huge upgrade on our current midfielders and has the ability to do brilliant for us. 

I more or less agree, but I think players like him would need support when it comes to delivering for Rangers.

kris1984    513

McLean, Jack and Walker plus some random in the ilk of Alves would be a great start.

McLean should be a priority target IMO, Wasn't convinced until he ran the show last night

MacBoyd    317

Looked a very clever player last night. Would they sell to us?

Supersonic    1,060

With the pish that's went on I just can't see they bastards selling to us, especially not without demanding crazy money.

Is it right that he's got just under a year left on his contract? Don't know if that makes any difference mind you...

Creampuff    8,023

Folk are living in a mad world if they think Aberdeen can afford to refuse to deal with us.

hammer93    1,307
1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Folk are living in a mad world if they think Aberdeen can afford to refuse to deal with us.

People said the same about hibs with rat bag Allan 

Creampuff    8,023
1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

People said the same about hibs with rat bag Allan 

Hibs had an obvious alternative to sell to Celtic...

RFC RYAN    645

Rangers have been in touch with him and his agent Aberdeen will be a problem another Scott Allan situation is what I have been told. 

He is out of contract next summer. 

hammer93    1,307
14 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Hibs had an obvious alternative to sell to Celtic...

Not at the time of our initial interest but Stubbs basically drove it for the tims to take him as he said he would refuse to sell to us

STEPPS BOY    9,877

If Aberdeen value him at a million, offer them MOH, Holt and Halliday plus 995,000 pounds..

DeanMK    1,909
5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Aberdeen value him at a million, offer them MOH, Holt and Halliday plus 995,000 pounds..

Are you kidding? Those cunts are considered negative equity. 

Adding them only increases the fee.

plymouthranger    356
58 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Usually i'd agree. But they are losing arguably 2 or 3 of their best players this summer on frees. The last thing they're going to do is sell their best player on the cheap as well. 

Their fans would lose it. Kenny McLean will cost a minimum 1 million pounds, even with 12 months to go. They're not going to let him go for less than that surely?

NeoGeo7    2,902

Hopefully if they do sell McLean they'll suffer the same fate as the last club to sell him when he was the best player at the club :whistle:

Aubie92    718
3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The lad would walk to Ibrox from sheep land if given the chance to sign for us same with his gaffer... Good player and someone we should of went for in his st.mirren days

His gaffer should never be allowed near the home dugout at Ibrox - not even if he takes the stadium tour. His Aberdeen side bottled it every time they had the chance to push Celtic last year, and were bottling the race for second this year until we imploded. McInnes is overrated and his reputation is as much built on the lack of a half decent Rangers team in the top flight for the past few years as much as anything he and his sheep shaggers have done. 

Aubie92    718
56 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Halliday might be shite, but sending him to the midden that is Aberdeen to play in front of the sheep shagging scum? You sadist. 

onefootwillie    910
1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Rangers have been in touch with him and his agent Aberdeen will be a problem another Scott Allan situation is what I have been told. 

He is out of contract next summer. 

I would be inclined to wait , get him on a pre contract and give Aberdeen nothing. 

A.T.G    7,184

I said the same with the Scott Allan saga. We shouldn't buy from Scottish clubs, we won't get fair value and they make it a circus. It's an area I would avoid if we have to deal with other clubs. Its not worth the fucking time and hassle.

K.A.I    20,688
1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

I said the same with the Scott Allan saga. We shouldn't buy from Scottish clubs, we won't get fair value and they make it a circus. It's an area I would avoid if we have to deal with other clubs. Its not worth the fucking time and hassle.

I agree with you mate 100% but McLean would be my exception to the rule 

A.T.G    7,184
4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with you mate 100% but McLean would be my exception to the rule 

I just think back to all the times we lined their pockets with £2m here, £1m there, £500K now and again. Practically kept them afloat with money we "didn't have" as they keep saying over and over.

In terms of the boy McLean, I can't honestly say if he is any good as I have maybe seen Aberdeen 4 times this season. If I were in charge, knowing these wankers at the other clubs, I'd make their players the last resort if there was nobody better out there.

chris182    653

We could've had him for nothing a year or two ago 😩