K.A.I

Kenny McLean - Scottish Sun

149 posts in this topic

If he's that desperate to join he'll sit tight until January and enter pre-contract talks. He's got nought to lose anyway; he's not going to be short of offers. 

Still, hopefully he doesn't do a Scott Allan and sign for the taigs, then claim he wasn't that big a Rangers fan only to have his pals try to paint him as the victim who was forced to sign for them. 

The only way we should be taking players from any other Scottish club is if we get them without a fee at the end of their contracts.  We should be putting no money into any of these clubs, and, anyway, have we not learned the lesson that none of them will do business with us and will happily sell their players at a lower price to Celtic just to thwart us.  We should not be wasting time and energy on 'potential deals' like this. 

1 person likes this

With Mciness and Pedro falling out can we see Mciness wanting sell players to Pedro? Reckon if we going sign him be on pre contract I hope I am wrong. I am hoping be in summer we sign him in summer though. 

If we offer them a decent amount McInnes won't have a say in it.

I can see aberdeen losing jack McLean and mcinnes this summer.

Wouldn't mind shay logan.

8 hours ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

With Mciness and Pedro falling out can we see Mciness wanting sell players to Pedro? Reckon if we going sign him be on pre contract I hope I am wrong. I am hoping be in summer we sign him in summer though. 

If a decent offer was made and the player was determined to come it would be interesting.

15 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

If we offer them a decent amount McInnes won't have a say in it.

Pity Aberdeen will be cunts about it too, mclean could easily be sold to a league one/lower championship team who could and would offer more than us

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Pity Aberdeen will be cunts about it too, mclean could easily be sold to a league one/lower championship team who could and would offer more than us

Not if he was determined to join Rangers though.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Not if he was determined to join Rangers though.

Like Scott allan lol, money talks unfortunately 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Like Scott allan lol, money talks unfortunately 

Was he really determined though? And yes, money talks in situations like this.

Scott Allan couldn't be a real Rangers man they way he acted. He could have made it work, in pretty sure if he stuck it out we would have got him on deadline day or Jan. Ruined his career though, I still think he's a good player and a type which we lack but he's fucked it. Will be back at Hibs next year I bet.

McLean might be a genuine bear, if so, with a year left I reckon Aberdeen would wobble any bid about £750k. Watching him the other night he's easily worth that. Just about to enter his prime in the next few years as well. I would rather him than Dorrans! Well, both would be nice but if I could pick one, take McLean.

£1M plus Francis would get him IMO.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Scott Allan couldn't be a real Rangers man they way he acted. He could have made it work, in pretty sure if he stuck it out we would have got him on deadline day or Jan. Ruined his career though, I still think he's a good player and a type which we lack but he's fucked it. Will be back at Hibs next year I bet.

McLean might be a genuine bear, if so, with a year left I reckon Aberdeen would wobble any bid about £750k. Watching him the other night he's easily worth that. Just about to enter his prime in the next few years as well. I would rather him than Dorrans! Well, both would be nice but if I could pick one, take McLean.

Why? Different players entirely.

£250k plus MOH....and shout really loudly if they say no 

23 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Why? Different players entirely.

I wouldn't say so, both seem attacking minded box to box players to me

5 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

£1M plus Francis would get him IMO.

Fuck that mate.

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

Fuck that mate.

Not saying I would but reckon it would be enough.

Then again if we have sufficient funds I'd think about it, depends on our budget.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Not saying I would but reckon it would be enough.

Then again if we have sufficient funds I'd think about it, depends on our budget.

It'd be more than enough.

300k or so plus MOH is what I'd offer. If not, get him on a pre contract in January or come in again with an even lower offer in the winter window.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

It'd be more than enough.

300k or so plus MOH is what I'd offer. If not, get him on a pre contract in January or come in again with an even lower offer in the winter window.

Maybe, I really really rate him and would be doing everything to try and get him this summer though.

Maybe, I really really rate him and would be doing everything to try and get him this summer though.

I like him as well mate but not at that price, given his current contract situation.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

I like him as well mate but not at that price, given his current contract situation.

Offer them 500k plus Jack...

Offer them 500k plus Jack...

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

:lol: 

Or Jack and MoH so it's really just a direct swap, Francis for McLean.

1 person likes this