K.A.I

Kenny McLean - Scottish Sun

K.A.I    20,688

Can't copy and paste but on the website we want him from Aberdeen 

wouldnt be too unhappy - said a few times he's probably the only player in Scottish top flight id take a punt on 

Midfield of him, Dorrans and Hyndman would be good if possible 

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72

PEDRO SWOOP 

Rangers gaffer Pedro Caixinha plans to raid Aberdeen for midfielder Kenny McLean

SunSport can reveal the Ibrox boss has drawn up a summer wish-list - with the Dons star identified as a key target

EXCLUSIVE

By Robert Grieve

26th April 2017, 10:30 pm

RANGERS boss Pedro Caixinha plans to raid Aberdeen for midfielder Kenny McLean.

SunSport can reveal the Ibrox boss has drawn up a summer wish-list — with the Dons star identified as one of Caixinha’s key transfer targets.

McLean, 25, still has another year to run on his contract at Pittodrie.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Derek McInnes regards him as one of his main men and it’s anticipated he’ll soon move to tie him down on an improved deal.

Gers would need to pay a big seven-figure transfer fee to tempt Aberdeen to sell.

But Caixinha still wants to make an attempt to sign McLean with an official approach set to be made at the end of the season.

The news is certain to frustrate McInnes with his side still having so much to play for this season.

The Dons have nailed down second place in the league after a sensational run.

And they’ve reached the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic at Hampden on May 27.

Read Ibrox legend Kris Boyd on why Kenny McLean is EXACTLY the type of character missing from Pedro Caixinha’s Rangers

McInnes is trying desperately to keep his team together for next season.

But there’s now a real danger McLean will be one of the players he loses.

Skipper Ryan Jack is also on Rangers’ radar as Caixinha looks to freshen his squad with young ambitious Scots.

As SunSport revealed last week Norwich star Graham Dorrans is another player Caixinha is interested in signing.

Now left-sided McLean has emerged as a target. He joined Aberdeen from St Mirren two seasons ago in a cut-price deal which cost them less than £200,000.

McInnes signed McLean from St Mirren for £200,000

It’s believed there is a sell-on clause which would see the Paisley club receive a percentage of the transfer fee if McLean was sold.

The midfielder is likely to have interest from England having been one of Aberdeen’s most consistent performers this term.

Caixinha, meanwhile, is also hoping Kenny Miller will sign a new deal this week.

As SunSport revealed yesterday the veteran striker has been offered a new contract after months of uncertainty over his future.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/923964/rangers-gaffer-pedro-caixinha-plans-to-raid-aberdeen-for-midfielder-kenny-mclean/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-News-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

PRW.    4,045

More guesswork.

Seven figures for Kenny McLean. :lol: 

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72
31 minutes ago, PRW. said:

More guesswork.

Seven figures for Kenny McLean. :lol: 

seven figures is about right for him I'd say.

Pud    10

Wouldn't be against signing Kenny but is he what we need to challenge next season ? 

LochendBilly    1,496

So if we are happy signing sheep players, are we happy to accept 2nd best next year? What exactly makes these guys winners? They can't get the better of the scum just now, what makes anyone thing it will be different if they played for us? Just wondering.

Marky.    2,480

Would take him for sure. He's a good player.

RDFM    2,628

He'd love to make the move but I doubt there's anything in this.

Just an easy story to make up from the usual shite tabloids. 

Amac9    868

Wasting our time dealing with the sheep. As long as their players are under contract they will play hard ball with us and make us pay way over the odds for any player.

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, PRW. said:

£1m for Kenny McLean? 

Nah. 

If we spend that it'll be another ridiculous waste of money.

Disagree I think he's a very good player at this level and can improve with us

RDFM    2,628
28 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Disagree I think he's a very good player at this level and can improve with us

Not for £1 Million pounds. 

TheCutch    2,172
1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Chicken fwied wice

:lol:

Every fuckin time I read one of his posts it just sends me Chinese in the head. :lol:

Prso's headband    6,023

A million for an Aberdeen player with one year left on his contract :lol: No bother. 

ianferguson    1,486

McLeans not much better than we already have, if he was out of contract I'd take a chance on him but not for cash.

MasterD    3,849

Not fussed on him, not worth £1m.

Gustav    6,470

Don't see how £1m for a good player from a direct rival(which they currently are) is out of the question. Get the impression that some expect other teams to give us their players.

Not saying I'd spend that on him but that would be the going rate.

Scottish football at this moment is the worst I've seen it and that is why a handful of decent players at them across the city have them looking like an Advocaat/O'Neil team domestically.

Signing McLean is an admission that we have merely the desire/ability to remain where we are at present which is hanging about with teams that play for BTTS to top up the wages because the career is going nowhere. 

As for 7 figures - I'll crack the fucking jokes, he's worth 500k on a great day to someone that has more money than sense.

Not good enough, wouldn't pay for him in firewood, don't want him, this shouldn't even have to be discussed.

kris1984    513

Is an upgrade on what we have for sure, teamed with Dorrans that would be decent 

jackrfc95    2,129

500K would be too much for Kenny McLean with 1 year left on his contract, never mind a million quid.

psb07158    4,056

He's good, he's young, he's talented, he's Scottish and he's a Rangers fan.

An upgrade on Halliday. Why wouldn't you want him? He only has a year left on his contract and if he tells Aberdeen he wants to leave he'll go for 400-500k easily. 

AljayBoy    772

Would improve our midfield but even with a year to go i'd not be giving Aberdeen anywhere near what they'd want for him so it isn't really an option in my eyes.