Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That particular clip is of his second time here, I believe., He was putting together a good side, before he was sacked. I can only say that from reading about it but there appears to be a myth that he left a poor side; the side he was creating had many young players who either came good, or would have come good had he stayed. It is highly possible he would have won the league in his second time as manager with the team he was forming, eventually,

Agreed. He says as much in the video below. 1:35 onwards

Tin hat on here and I know it's just a newspaper article. Players are athletes so they need some time off to recharge their bodies and minds so that they come back mentally recharged ready for the new season. Fact is players are fitter and run longer than they did in the past. Unless in the short time Pedro has been in that he identified the need for improved fitness he runs the risk of them breaking down next season at some point. Sports science has moved on so whenever the team is due back there should be a plan in place to get them to optimum fitness for the start of the season. It wouldn't be the first games as that will be used to build up match sharpness. 

It's the Culture surrounding our club now the board are a bunch of chancers/lying wankers who are happy just to compete in the League and are happy to get arse fucked by the Sfa and officials without speaking out, This filters down to the team who just do enough to get by, the rot starts at the top.

Football is meant to be a passion not a fucking 9-5 job that you do to make a living. Most of us would give our right nut to play for Rangers with only 9 days holiday. I posted a few months back about the affect that this entitled generation as a society is affecting things like a football squad. They all want the lavish lifestyle but aren't prepared to take the responsibility that goes with it.

I mean FFS we have the chance to make the Europa League Group Stages and for many it'll be their first taste of European football. I'd make the most of the 9 days but I'd be itching to get back, get fit, meet my new teammates and get to work on having a successful season instead of the shite we've all had to endure this year.

Spoilt fucking brats.

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

They either want to play with Rangers or they don't.

If they where playing in the World Cup or euro championships they would only get a couple of weeks off before going into pre season.

Knowing our lot they'd whinge and moan to FIFA or UEFA if that were the case.

15 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Tin hat on here and I know it's just a newspaper article. Players are athletes so they need some time off to recharge their bodies and minds so that they come back mentally recharged ready for the new season.

The training schedule allows for this, they also have scheduled time off through the year

Fact is players are fitter and run longer than they did in the past. Unless in the short time Pedro has been in that he identified the need for improved fitness he runs the risk of them breaking down next season at some point. Sports science has moved on so whenever the team is due back there should be a plan in place to get them to optimum fitness for the start of the season. It wouldn't be the first games as that will be used to build up match sharpness.

Did the players who were under Jock Wallace break down during the season? Many players have been quoted on how they benefited from his  training methods.   Pedro seems to have a similar view to Jock Wallace regarding fitness and character building.

Were fuckin rotten and no wonder with a bunch of divas moaning about time off. Chancing cunts some of our squad they really are. The attitude is appalling at the moment, sooner we ship out the shite the better. Iv had to change arrangements for holidays etc because work took priority, and i was getting paid less than these ibrox imposters are getting. 

Over the course of a year how long do they get off in total? 

The players are too precious these days. I appreciate if they have wedding plans etc but surely you can make a special dispensation for those 2 players but other than that we have a lot of work to get done and hopefully most of the players that are in a huff will be punted anyway for players that are willing to pull their sleeves up for the challenge. 

At the end of the day it's easy to lambast the players for this, but i can see this flipping on its head within months. Its December, we're still shite, King hasn't invested, Celtic are miles in front again. All of a sudden it's open season on Pedro on here, all bets are off and this just goes into the pile of ammunition against the guy. 

Think of the modern day footballer, his lifestyle and wage whatever you want - go 'full time mummy' and scream at the top of your lungs 'SOLDIERS SHOULD GET FOOTBALLERS WAGES' if you want as well. 9 days off after the season we've had just isn't enough. We're still going to need members of this squad next season - they need time away to let this season sink in, put it behind them and come back refreshed and ready to put it right. A 9 day break is almost the same as an international break. Our season is ending in utter despair, morale is probably in tatters. If the players are all of a sudden back in for a new season with no turnover Pedro has an absolutely herculean task to try and lift any players he wants to use next season. We could realistically be dead on our feet mentally by October.

As others have said it might suggest a total clear out but i just don't see how that's feasible. I hate to defend this group of imposters - but this is a shite position for us to be in. No real option though due to qualifiers though, granted. 

30 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Players need a break as well to get mentally and physically refreshed. I dont think 9 days is long enough. as an aside he comes across as a bit of a dogmantic wee guy. i wonder how well that works with the modern footballer.

If he is too dogmatic then he will lose the dressing room, no matter who the players are, and quickly.

Feel for Wallace and Garner, the rest of them don't deserve a single day off.

Saying that though there needs to be a balance, a lot of these guys will be here next season and he needs them on side because if players down tools it's the manager who suffers.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

They don't look like they are trying because they are mediocre. I bet they are giving 100% - it's just not what our 100% should look like.

I can see your logic there mate, but there have been times this season (far too many) when it's pretty obvious they aren't giving their all. 

15 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

At the end of the day it's easy to lambast the players for this, but i can see this flipping on its head within months. Its December, we're still shite, King hasn't invested, Celtic are miles in front again. All of a sudden it's open season on Pedro on here, all bets are off and this just goes into the pile of ammunition against the guy. 

Think of the modern day footballer, his lifestyle and wage whatever you want - go 'full time mummy' and scream at the top of your lungs 'SOLDIERS SHOULD GET FOOTBALLERS WAGES' if you want as well. 9 days off after the season we've had just isn't enough. We're still going to need members of this squad next season - they need time away to let this season sink in, put it behind them and come back refreshed and ready to put it right. A 9 day break is almost the same as an international break. Our season is ending in utter despair, morale is probably in tatters. If the players are all of a sudden back in for a new season with no turnover Pedro has an absolutely herculean task to try and lift any players he wants to use next season. We could realistically be dead on our feet mentally by October.

As others have said it might suggest a total clear out but i just don't see how that's feasible. I hate to defend this group of imposters - but this is a shite position for us to be in. No real option though due to qualifiers though, granted. 

But what's the alternative? 

He isn't doing this because he's a cunt, we have no other option. 

Perhaps Pedro should take 45 mins off there holiday time as they looked as though they were on holiday in that first half. If I were him I would ask those with a legitimate reason ( those who may have booked something as a result of information given by M W ) to speak to me and see how we can work through it. I would also let everyone know should anyone not be at training at the start they will risk losing their place to somebody who shows flexibility and eagerness :pipe:

Plus it could be something about nothing stirred up by a paper who has shown on many occasions to be non friendly :bangbang:.

28 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

No they don't as the season starts for example this year June the 29th and will end either on the last day of SPL or Scottish cup final so although the players will get days off during international break or the winter break they will still focussed on the league. Some players will not even get the international breaks. Come a few weeks this shite season will have ended and the players can start with a fresh slate in June. Having a decent break is important regardless of where you work.

With regards to Jock Wallace's training methods they will have worked at that time as the average football player will have had a much lower level of base fitness. So by elevating our squad then would have paid dividends. It has been shown year on year that players are covering more ground during the games than they did in the past. Sending them out for 3 weeks running at Gullane would not make them better footballer's, or better at tactics or indeed improve their base level of fitness.

If you've not been doing your job well then it follows that you have to put in some extra time to get to where you need to be. 

If you don't understand whats being asked of you in your job, you need to take the time to learn/understand that.

What pedro is looking to do is get a good preseason done to have them prepared for the new season, it's become very apparent as he's assessing the squad that he needs that time, if I was a player I'd think, fuck it, lets sacrifice a few days holiday to get ready for a the biggest season of my life (which it is going to be for all of these players)