Niko Kranjcar returns to full training

Broxi

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Agreed mate, and I do think he started to look very good before he got injured. The guy took a while to get up to speed but he's not a spring chicken.

You never know, once he's used in a system which plays to his strengths instead of him being furiously shoehorned into a poor system in a blinkered stubborn arrogant way - he might look better than what he did before his injury injury injury.

Aye I think so, technically hes a brilliant footballer and would piss it up here. Pedro has said today Nikos pre season starts today so hopefully hes at a decent level of fitness for next season start.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, cushynumber said:

He can pass - but thats the last thing to go. He can no longer run and has slowed down re his reactions and therefore can no longer find the space and time against decent opposition to do any damage. He is an experiment that failed miserably.

It is not Nikos fault - i would have loved to see at Ibrox him fit and healthy.......and younger

I would feel like we had a better chance of winning a match if Kranjcar was playing over Halliday/Holt/Windass. Kranjcar is the only player who can actually make things happen. When was the last time you ever saw any of those players split a defence with a pass or score a goal, a while ago. 

Play Kranjcar in the #10 role with other midfielders behind him and we may actually create some goals.

He has quality and if used properly will be an assett. Don't ask him to run around the place. Play him in a 4 or 5 not in a 3. He's the closest we have to a Tugay or Hagi type creator. Ask him to do what he's good and he has class. 

Just now, Broxi said:

I would feel like we had a better chance of winning a match if Kranjcar was playing over Halliday/Holt/Windass. Kranjcar is the only player who can actually make things happen. When was the last time you ever saw any of those players split a defence with a pass or score a goal, a while ago. 

Play Kranjcar in the #10 role with other midfielders behind him and we may actually create some goals.

But if he can't run at all he'd be easy to mark, stick a guy on him and he'd be unable to do anything. 

We're not in a position to be carrying anyone just now.

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

But if he can't run at all he'd be easy to mark, stick a guy on him and he'd be unable to do anything. 

We're not in a position to be carrying anyone just now.

I'm basing what I'm saying on what we've already seen of him when he still couldn't run and he did better than the other players regardless. Euro qualifiers are June? Almost 2 more months away, and just because today was full training he's been doing other fitness training for a while now. Hopefully he gets up to a decent fitness standard and at the very least be able to come in and play the early games before signings are made if the manager does want someone fitter in there.

45 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

I doubt we'd spend all that time getting him back to full fitness just to let him go to whoever wants him. Suppose it wouldn't be the first time 

After we got Craig Gordon fit enough to sign for Celtic nothing would surprise me.

38 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

I think they'll try keep him next season regardless.

Imo Nico isn't the type of player that Pedro looks for - He likes his players to give 100% for 90 mins & have the stamina to run for 90 mins. If we can replace him with a younger version then I'd happily let him go in the summer.

I read that they had Harry for the rest of the season then were getting rid of him unless they stay up.

I just hope that Niko comes good he is one of my favourite players to watch and has been over the years just a shame we didn't get him in his prime.

He'll either retire at the end of the season or we'll negotiate a pay-off with him, releasing him from his contract.

He was a risk; in my opinion, a risk worth taking and it just didn't work-out. I know he was beginning to settle and have an affect on games when he done-in his knee, but the 45 minutes he spent on the pitch at Parkhead during the 5-1 game was the worst individual performance I've seen from a Rangers player in an Old Firm game.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

He can pass - but thats the last thing to go. He can no longer run and has slowed down re his reactions and therefore can no longer find the space and time against decent opposition to do any damage. He is an experiment that failed miserably.

It is not Nikos fault - i would have loved to see at Ibrox him fit and healthy.......and younger

He was younger when we brought him in :sherlock:

Glad he's made enough of a recovery to start full training with the first team squad (according to the article on the Rangers website today).   Still being monitored by physios and its a gradual inclusion into the squad but the messaging seems to be he starts his pre-season training now, a month or so ahead of the rest of the squad.   

I think he has another year to go on his contract?   If so, then unless a reasonable offer comes in for him, it seems he will be around for next season assuming he maintains enough fitness.   Whether he can do the Pedro 10 second thing at his age and with his speed of mobility might be a bit of a challenge for him.   

I don't know if many in the Support really expect too much from early European games - assuming we qualify that is - so maybe these sorts of games are good territory for Kranjcar and for Rangers.   His experience might make a small difference in unlocking the European sides we meet.   Whether he can prove he is sharp enough and fit enough for the blood and guts Scottish league next season is another matter.  

But for now i'm glad he has made a good and quick recovery. 

Guest Lloyd72
2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yeah DBBTB there's something not right about that whole situation.

I think he's having mental problems, I don't think it's a physical problem. But, that's me just guessing really.

It's his calf, he had the same problem at Liverpool. It was being caused by pressure on his lower back apparently and he has been back in training recently.

57 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He'll either retire at the end of the season or we'll negotiate a pay-off with him, releasing him from his contract.

He was a risk; in my opinion, a risk worth taking and it just didn't work-out. I know he was beginning to settle and have an affect on games when he done-in his knee, but the 45 minutes he spent on the pitch at Parkhead during the 5-1 game was the worst individual performance I've seen from a Rangers player in an Old Firm game.

There has been a few contenders for that this season! 

For me it totally depends on his fitness levels. If we can get him to the correct level of fitness i think he could prove to be a big asset to us next season. I don't doubt his ability or actually his attitude .He could have stayed and had a comfortable life in the USA rather than come here but he did chose us. He has made plenty of money in his career and his wife has a decent career so i don't think it was purely for the money he came over. Given the rehab work he is doing it would have been easy for him to chuck it but he didn't. Does strike me as someone who does not care 

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Wasn't even the worst performance of the match nevermind ever :lol: Or have you forgotten about Senderos.

5 hours ago, King_gazza said:

I'd be surprised if he's still here next season.

Wont put it past 'Arry Redknapp trying to get him for Birmingham.

If they get relegated it's a stick on although not sure if Harry will stick with them if they do?