Pedro press conference

KingKirk

11 minutes ago, writingranger said:

We're going to win this Saturday, you can sense the anger and Waggie is excited about playing in Europe. Good, he should be. I reckon all this dissatisfaction is paper talk.

The only way Waggie will be playing in Europe is if him and his pals go to Magaluf on holiday and they buy a ball..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The press really are trying hard to get him. Very narrow minded lot. They want a "Pal " there that will give them stories and make their life easier. The manager seems to be learning how to deal with them, just wish the board knew / wanted to deal with the press in a more forceful way. 

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

That was a million miles away from any press conference he has done before.

Before it was all smiles, happy, cheery and very open.

Today he barely managed a smile, shut down nearly every question before they finished asking it with a response but gave next to nothing away. (A bit like that Jock Wallace interview posted on here today)

Can tell he is absolutely seething about Sunday, I hope the players show that on Saturday.

Trying to find any sort of positive from Sunday is hard but I am hoping that it could lead to Pedro using that as future reference from next season to never let our performance sink that low again. Sorry to pick out the number one warburtism but he has to learn from it and hopefully he does . The one difference I can see is it has clearly got to him in a way we never really noticed under warburton who would have just spent the press conference after a game like Sunday telling us we learned from it , trained well and everything was brand new. 

Seemed to me there was a sense of seething anger barely below the surface in Pedro's interview.   Questions interrupted before the questions were finished, arms waiving away the attempts at probing what he called 'internal matters'.   

I don't think he takes losing a game lightly, even more so an OF game, maybe even more so a cup semi final when the chance to have a go for the trophy was at stake.  He acknowledged he takes a day to recover his thoughts then moves on positively with a smile on his face.   Most of us probably take a bit longer before an OF loss is put behind us but he has his job to do so can't dwell too much on the rear-view mirror. 

If that sort of barely concealed anger was the tip of the iceberg and there for the media to crash into then I can only assume that the players felt some volcanic-like heat from him this week.   I still get the impression that players which he will want to keep after this season will be those who 'get it' that they do it his way or its feel some pretty intense heat.    Seems to me he's not going to entertain too readily the notion of a gap with the other lot means that a lot of time is needed in the process of closing it.   It will be very interesting to see which players go, and which players he brings in with the sort of 'can do' attitude and work ethic and way of playing needed to make a much more competitive title-challenging side next season.

One last point about the press conference today.   If the journos had been bulls in the ring with him I get the impression they would have been routed and chased out.   He was not in messin' about mood. 

27 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

The press really are trying hard to get him. Very narrow minded lot. They want a "Pal " there that will give them stories and make their life easier. The manager seems to be learning how to deal with them, just wish the board knew / wanted to deal with the press in a more forceful way. 

You would think there would be something in the induction of a manager at ibrox where the are told about how the mhedia behave in scotland, but no. Pedro made a cunt of it last weekend with the glasses and tactics. Could be avoided by educating the man first instead of letting him find out the hard way fs. 

Glad to see a bit more aggresion in the interview ?

26 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

You would think there would be something in the induction of a manager at ibrox where the are told about how the mhedia behave in scotland, but no. Pedro made a cunt of it last weekend with the glasses and tactics. Could be avoided by educating the man first instead of letting him find out the hard way fs. 

Glad to see a bit more aggresion in the interview ?

Didn't make a cunt of it at all.

Talking about the tactics AFTER the match is good. I want to hear that. Before it, not so much.

Happy with that interview. I like the way he is pragmatic when it really gets down to the nitty gritty like when he said upon arriving that he was all about setting the players up in a way that suits their abilities.

Glad to hear a player saying training is good because I was surprised that it's been largely absent. Normally you can see players buying right into new managers and their methods. Maybe it's just been too soon.

This is an odd one for me on Saturday as the performance will be more important than the result. I just want to see us giving them a proper game and evidence of a structure to our game. 

I think we will see a big reaction in terms of at least intensity and desire. If not then most of these players should just be chased or stuck with the reserves. No point in wasting any more time on them.

56 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

They have Traynor if they want Stories.

17 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Didn't make a cunt of it at all.

Talking about the tactics AFTER the match is good. I want to hear that. Before it, not so much.

No i agree with you i would like to hear about it too, what i meant was he didnt realise you couldn't do that without the media taking the piss up in this shithole of a place. 

38 minutes ago, Utility Man said:

What other manager in the world has been quizzed about players wedding preparations? I honestly believe a group of primary kids could pose more incisive questions than that apology for Scottish " journalism".

His answer to that one was brilliant :lol:

Well done Pedro. You are still in my " I,m not sure thoughts" but you certainly learned quickly about the scum in the Scottish press who have fuck all interest in football and only in undermining whoever has pressure. Now tick my other boxes and lets fuck these cunts on Saturday.

Pedro seemed to be in a much less talkative mood and that was good, especially with the press just looking for some slip up to make a story about.

Waggy who is a decent young man, but a poor footballer and should not be here next season IMO, (but unfortunately probably will be), certainly spoke well about the short holiday period and gave them nothing to spin on that front.

So after a better display with the press, we just need Pedro to pick the best team and the players to turn up on Saturday and get tore into them. We need a victory to give us some hope for next season.