Do you think we will win the league next season  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will win the league next season

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said other just purely because we have no idea what transfers we'll see for ourselves and the scum this summer but in saying that it's highly unlikely we'll win it but we'd better fucking push them all the way if we don't win it.

This season was a massive wake up call for many bears

i voted no because I feel like we are genuinely no further forward than we were 12 months ago. I believe we could have easily finished 3rd with last seasons squad. 

90% of Warburton's signings last summer have been a washout. We need to start from scratch, and we need to do it with financial backing otherwise we're in for a repeat of this season. 

Bargain basement shopping is not going to do the job. I'm not saying we need 30m to spend, but hopefully Pedro can get enough backing to strengthen the spine of our squad, (up front, centaral midfield and central defence) and hopefully scout a couple of rough diamonds to sign up as well. 

Too early to say.   Re-run the thread at the start of the season when we've seen the players Pedro brings in and noted who will have departed.    What can be said at this stage though is whoever Pedro gets as the first team squad for next season he must bring about a way of thinking, a belief, a confidence, a drive that is powerful enough to get the job done in winning games even if the quality of play is less than we'd ideally like to see.  Results matter and if he can forge a strong determined team that is utterly results driven then we give ourselves a better than fighting chance.   

The other lot will invest in players too, they'll have minds on CL games.   While they too may get stronger on paper its by no means a given that it translates into the same sort of season as this season.   Injuries, suspensions, form dips, just out-muscled and out-hustled and so on are due to fall there way at some time, and there should be more effort applied by other Scottish teams to put one or more over on them.  

The thing is, if Pedro can build a team that can carry enough momentum into the second half of next season to still be in with a fighting shout for the title then it'd be interesting to see if Pedro can extract a bit more from the squad and see if the other lot can handle some real pressure.        

Just now, K.A.I said:

Impossible to tell at the moment as we've no idea who we are signing or how much is going to be made available for these signings yet.

Ask me again early August or something. 

Not much would be the answer mate.