17/18 kits

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

:lol: shit I'm my coffee. I'm using that defo. 

Ive not said people should or shouldn't buy merchandise. Just that it's further reaching than just the deal. 

I'll reign in my twatness:tu: it's just things are increasingly pushing my buttons on here.  

Fux me off somewhat  

I'm going to be watching you like a pissed off wife now that I know you're potential trouble. My good books have a limited number of pages, you know.

tumblr_inline_o5vf0c9zWi1rbz3im_500.gif

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The stupid fuck wants to use SD if it ever gets sorted out. 

Yes I think I read that, but not sure how serious he is about sorting it anyway. 

I am so concerned about what damage it is doing, IF using SD was the answer I would not really worry if fans could start buying tops and all that goes with them as long as we were making a decent return from the sales.

I also realise not everyone would agree with that. :thumbup:

Just now, Bears r us said:

Yes I think I read that, but not sure how serious he is about sorting it anyway. 

I am so concerned about what damage it is doing, IF using SD was the answer I would not really worry if fans could start buying tops and all that goes with them aa long as we were making a decent return from the sales.

I also realise not everyone would agree with that. :thumbup:

No idea how he's going to sell that one to the support. The company that he claims are the root of all our problems we have suddenly to get in and buy buy buy. 

I'm getting one regardless. I was of the opinion of some other fans and that was to not buy merchandise. Iv changed my mind and i got last seasons for a collection but i didnt wear it publicly. Im looking at it from a 3realistic point of view. I cant stand to see kids not wearing the jersey its been like this for a good few years now. The way i look at is if we dont buy them the club gets nothing, and neither does fat mike.

Fat mike can afford to sit this out and not even notice in the grand scheme of his business the money being lost on a batch of cheap labour made clothing. The club on the other hand is suffering. Even the pittance they make is extra income which we badly need. Thats the facts. 

We are losing out on local and national publicity and imo risk losing future fans as the younger generation dont seem to be as likely as they once were to want to support rangers. Of course the majority will have their club pretty much chosen for them by their fathers and family etc but their is a minority who sit on the fence when young until they pick the club most appealing to them. 

The deal in place with SD is what it is, imo i dont think that will change soon but i would love to be proven wrong and we do get out it, but unlikely. Unless that happens then we as a support need to keep together and see the deal out and that means wearing the jersey, get it in the bheasts faces in the streets and in the city. We as a club are back and we will be champions again, and they fucking know it. 

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No idea how he's going to sell that one to the support. The company that he claims are the root of all our problems we have suddenly to get in and buy buy buy. 

A bit difficult I would think CB but this boycott is a disaster for our Club IMO.

It has to be sorted so that fans are visible again in the street and abroad, every time I see a green and grey top my heart sinks a little more about this situation. 

:headwall:

Still no news from the Club on the 17/18 kit?   It's a complex commercial landscape for the Club to unravel in time for the news season - more than that, in time for the first European game in 27 days time.    Surely we'll hear something from the Club very soon.

Maybe one possible way ahead whilst the court stuff with SD is still out there to be resolved with all the legal complexities of who has rights to use the Rangers logo and to distribute and sell replica kit etc might be for Rangers to create and register a sufficiently adapted logo for this season and since it would be the sole owner of the intellectual property rights it could authorise strip manufacturers to use that logo and then Rangers sell the replica strips direct.   It'd sidestep the SD dispute, but whether that sort of dancing around the SD / Rangers Retail Ltd case would work or be sufficiently robust legally would be one for the Rangers legal team to consider.    But trying to dodge round the problem in that way is no real solution to getting the situation with SD resolved definitively and finally.    Would be great to hear an update from King or the Directors on the status of strips for next season.

Love all three of the current tops, normally would have bought all 3 at the start of the season and again at the end for the collection, plus the grandkids. At full price it's around 500 quid, but only bought the red one pre old firm game and the last 2 before the Aberdeen game, at £20 each was to good an offer to refuse.  Next season hoping for it to be sorted out so we can get behind the sales 

The more tops sold, the more ashleys grip over the next 7 years wont go away...the more we will struggle to finance the kind of players coming in now...hope the board in Vegas and dave king reiterates this to this support out there and to those who are buying merchandise, its not going to go away overnight, intresting weeks ahead...

I haven't bought a top in two years

The board share a lot of the blame for not getting this sorted out. If Ashley holds the cards then King needs to man up and work with him

Can't see us promoting a new top this season,  the whole situation is pathetic and embarrassing

I've not bought a top in a few years now but I think I'll buy it for the wee ones next season. Sick to the back teeth of seeing the green and grey on every child who wears a football top these days.

I won't buy one myself due to the retail deal, people say any money we receive from them is better than none but if you want to give your money to Rangers then there are plenty other methods to do this.

I just want to take a stand regarding my children though, they shouldn't be deprived of the chance to wear our top and we need to ensure the future generation of our support are not lost or diluted. 

Just now, rfc_watp said:

I've not bought a top in a few years now but I think I'll buy it for the wee ones next season. Sick to the back teeth of seeing the green and grey on every child who wears a football top these days.

I won't buy one myself due to the retail deal, people say any money we receive from them is better than none but if you want to give your money to Rangers then there are plenty other methods to do this.

I just want to take a stand regarding my children though, they shouldn't be deprived of the chance to wear our top and we need to ensure the future generation of our support are not lost or diluted. 

My son wanted it so I bought him it. How is he meant to know what is going on? I'd normally buy them all, maybe 1 for me and all the strips for him but this season he could 1 top. Still pish.

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

My son wanted it so I bought him it. How is he meant to know what is going on? I'd normally buy them all, maybe 1 for me and all the strips for him but this season he could 1 top. Still pish.

Nothing wrong with that mate and I will probably do the same next season.

Telling a kid he can't get the top could be confusing for them. In this day and age where our club is stereotyped and our fans are vilified on a daily basis, kids might think there is something wrong with supporting Rangers. Might sound dramatic but they don't know any better.

Kids should be able to wear our colours proudly and the adults should give our money to the club through other means.