King Kenny's New Contract Confirmed

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to confirm Kenny Miller has agreed a one year extension to his contract.

The striker has enjoyed an excellent season to date, netting 12 times and claiming the Player of the Year, Players’ Player of the Year and Goal of the Season prizes at the club’s annual awards last Sunday evening.

Miller initially joined Rangers back in 2000 from Hibernian as a 20 year-old, netting 11 times in 38 appearances before moving south to Wolverhampton Wanderers just over a year later, initially on loan before the move was made permanent in December 2001.

He returned to Rangers in the summer of 2008 for what ended up being a trophy-laden two-and-a-half years.

In that time, he played 107 times, scoring a total of 56 goals, and won three league titles, a Scottish Cup and a League Cup – memorably netting a stunning winner in the 2010 final against St Mirren to secure the trophy for Gers with just nine men on the field.

He left Ibrox again in January 2011, this time for Bursaspor, but was to return once more for his third and current spell in the summer of 2014.

Since then, in 126 appearances, he’s scored 42 times and made a terrific contribution to the club in the Championship and Petrofac Cup winning campaign of last year, and the club’s return to the Premiership this season.
Miller is also a legend with the Scotland national team, and shares the Rangers record for the most appearances in dark blue with David Weir, the duo both having 69 caps.

This new deal will take his association with the club to a total of eight years, and with 271 appearances in all to his name for Rangers, barring injury he could break the 300 mark.

On his new contract, Miller said: “I am over the moon to get it signed and I’m looking forward to the last few games of the season and then building towards a better, more competitive year next season.”

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha added: “It is fantastic for everyone at the club that Kenny has agreed to stay with us for another year.

“I have been greatly impressed by his professionalism and leadership both on and off the field since I arrived here, and I believe his performances demonstrate he still has so much to offer us.”

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Kenny, but 12 goals is hardly a return worth getting excited about for a Rangers striker. 

He's fine to have in and around the squad, but if he's the best we have for next year then it will be much the same as this season - complete failure. 

The players were going on the team bus to the hotel the day someone asked him if he had sorted his new contract and he said it had just been done. 

Deserves his contract just hope he isn't used as much next year so we can move on the following year. 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

The players were going on the team bus to the hotel the day someone asked him if he had sorted his new contract and he said it had just been done. 

Deserves his contract just hope he isn't used as much next year so we can move on the following year. 

Move on to coaching our youth that is :tu: