Realistically, how long will it take to compete?

ZeeFour

Even before the bearded "tough guy" came to manage us, the season was in a right mess.

Our players weren't consistent enough even toward the end of the Championship season, and like Ally said, we haven't moved forward. 

So lets say Dave King pumps £10m into the pot. 

How long do we think it will take to challenge for the title?

sadly I don't see DK putting his hand in his pocket, I could be wrong, he probably wanted to wait until he had a manager in before discussing money. But I'm just not convinced if he wasn't even at the game.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

It's not a question of time. It's a question of funds. 

We don't have any. We're not getting any.

Yea I believe this also, DK just doesn't seem interested. Maybe he just wants the season to be over first. Then we will see. But we have nothing to go on, no hints at all, so chances are we won't be getting funds.

If there is no investment then that'll be us, we lost a squad that was beating them (3 in a row) to what we have now.

£20m as a starting point would allow us to get 6-10 solid players in and form the spine of the team but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

We won't get the money needed but we need a manager who is transfer savvy, as pointed out the Tims haven't spent vast amounts but their manager has an eye for a player and he can coach them to get the best out of them.

Where is Pedro going to get his players ? What players has he been tracking in the U.K. or Europe that he knows could do a job for us, it's going to take a long time.

I reckon we've got another 2 years of more of the same. This board will know that we, as a support, definitely don't want Celtic getting 10 in a row so they may feel (with them now on 6) they have 2 years leeway regarding team funding with another year for proper rebuilding. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

They will get CL money that we don't get next year.  Who knows (seriously - lots of bullshit speculation from the pro and con King/Board groups) how much will be available to our manager? No one.

What I'm seeing:

On the down side (and it's massive):

We only have, at best, 3-4 players in the current squad that could potentially be part of a title winning side. We have a new manager who may not last the season out. I would LOVE him to be successful but his performances, based purely on the things he does control (selection from the existing, not-his-choice squad, match set up, substitutions, changing losing set up) have been, in my opinion, little short of pathetic.

On the up side:

They are really not that good. As few as four genuinely good players in and four genuinely shite players out (Waghorn first, for me) and we would be able to beat everyone else as regularly as the scum do. This would put much greater pressure on them, and they have a bunch of bottlers in their team. Ask Lincoln Reds. They will have more money to spend but Brenda has an astonishingly consistent record of buying shite. 

I live in hope, even though I'm still feeling the pain and the shame of watching today's (tonight's for me) shambles.

4 minutes ago, Cadman said:

I reckon we've got another 2 years of more of the same. This board will know that we, as a support, definitely don't want Celtic getting 10 in a row so they may feel (with them now on 6) they have 2 years leeway regarding team funding with another year for proper rebuilding. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

That sounds like the excuses i expect to hear from King fans in the coming months. Maybe that will be kings plan, to tell us were saving for 2 years and then going for 55 with a major investment......

rangers need massive investment I don't know where we will get it or how but one things for certain its needed if there is 1 positive to take from this today then surly the board will open there fucking eyes and see how much of a shambles we have become and hopefully drastic action is taking

We need to be competing next season.

It's about having a good manager that gets the best out of his squad.

A good squad of players, who have hunger and desire as well as the necessary talent.

A good scouting system that can identify the appropriate players, obviously money helps in this, but its not just about funds.

To be well run behind the scenes.

I'm not sure we have any of the above.

In theory not long. 

Like literally from the word go next season.

Provided King keeps some of his promises and we get an able manager in.

It could be done absolutely no problem at all. That's the most frustrating thing. 

50 minutes ago, Cadman said:

why 2 years ? we aren't spending and they are spending at will.2 years ? more like 20 years.Until King is hunted we will go nowhere. The Chris Grahams and Houstons of this scandalous episode should hang there heads in shame. They have never spoke for me and never will.