Get Pedro Out !

SteppsGer84

the players and the coaching staff have to be on the same page. Many of these players are incapable of understanding or playing the way the manager wants so they have to go. Some will be happy to go back down south where the money is good and there's no pressure. Please God, let me be right!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

When Pedro is on 1/3 of what Rodgers earns and our wage bill is less than a third of what they are paying on players it doesn't really stand up tbh.

I know this doesn't work on a sliding scale, which is how you've portrayed it.

However, this is like any other job, where if you're paid at a specific level, you bring specific competencies to the job.

Including getting the best out of the squad at your disposal.

I think most of us would agree that we've seen the current lot, weak as they are, play better than the last 180 minutes has shown.

He should be given 7 million at least in the summer for players and then another 2 or 3 in January to work out the kinks,  because at the rate we are going we will never catch up to celtic

15 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I know this doesn't work on a sliding scale, which is how you've portrayed it.

However, this is like any other job, where if you're paid at a specific level, you bring specific competencies to the job.

Including getting the best out of the squad at your disposal.

I think most of us would agree that we've seen the current lot, weak as they are, play better than the last 180 minutes has shown.

And that's the crux of it. The majority of the players we have are spineless shitebags. Big occassions and they go missing and it's not like they have a track record of it either. Well maybe except our last few visits to Hampden, christ knows how many important away games over the last two years and both times Celtic have come to Ibrox recently.

Just now, The Dude said:

And that's the crux of it. The majority of the players we have are spineless shitebags. Big occassions and they go missing and it's not like they have a track record of it either. Well maybe except our last few visits to Hampden, christ knows how many important away games over the last two years and both times Celtic have come to Ibrox recently.

You won't get a fight from me on that, mate!

I'm probably basing my thinking on the (hopelessly optimistic) assumption that 'there must be a player in there, somewhere' & that someone might be capable of dragging something out of them.

Maybe that 3 minute purple patch at Aberdeen was it!

The jury is out on Pedro at the moment until the first transfer window he gets then we will find out just how good or bad he is. We could have the best manager in the world and it still wouldnt make things better. The problem is the players, they have got it in them to get the odd result as they proved against the sheep and the filth but they are not consistent, don't have the mentality to play for a club of our size or good enough to do it week in week out.

None of the players give a flying fuck, they are happy getting paid for nothing and most are on ridiculously long contracts leaving the manager with little to hold over them to motivate them to perform.  I wonder if the even get 'win' bonuses or if they receive the same compensation win/lose or draw?  Nothing I've seen says they ever fight for the win.  

I really have no idea if Pedro is a good manager or not as he has been in the door for 30 seconds, I am hoping he can bring in some players with passion and can instill some fighting spirit but that will not happen with the current bunch of cowards. 

17 minutes ago, Willis said:

He should be given 7 million at least in the summer for players and then another 2 or 3 in January to work out the kinks,  because at the rate we are going we will never catch up to celtic

No way will King an his cohorts come up with that kind of dough they dont give a flying fuck about  the beadrattlers as long as we punt in the ST    money makes me wonder what they would do if they got wind of an ST stand off.

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

Why do people keep saying things like this? Of course a good manager would make things better. Pedro has made things worse since he got here.

I can't imagine Walter Smith not improving us over the same time frame but he did have a great career in management and a knowledge of Scottish football.

It was always going to be tough for Pedro if he lost these two games and deservedly so but we cannot keep chopping and changing or not be giving Managers time or at the very least A transfer window.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

None of the players give a flying fuck, they are happy getting paid for nothing and most are on ridiculously long contracts leaving the manager with little to hold over them to motivate them to perform.  I wonder if the even get 'win' bonuses or if they receive the same compensation win/lose or draw?  Nothing I've seen says they ever fight for the win.  

I really have no idea if Pedro is a good manager or not as he has been in the door for 30 seconds, I am hoping he can bring in some players with passion and can instill some fighting spirit but that will not happen with the current bunch of cowards. 

My hope is Warburton will buy some of his signings back. Maybe being hopeful here.

He has failed so far. His results show he doesnt know how to conduct himself vs out biggest rivals let alone play in a manner that will allow us to compete with them.

He ticked none of the boxes in terms of what we need. This could easily run a year or so without improving a jot. We had a strange 5 mins at Pittodrie that has masked the truth so far.

Murty was inexperienced but still managed to deliver a performance at the piggery as he understood their strengths and weaknesses and how to stifle and frustrate.

Pedro now needs to build a new team which is risky enough with a small budget but learn about the league and how to handle the Scottish game. The 3rd man should have supported this and im not sure we got the right man.

24 minutes ago, BertContraband said:

He has failed so far. His results show he doesnt know how to conduct himself vs out biggest rivals let alone play in a manner that will allow us to compete with them.

He ticked none of the boxes in terms of what we need. This could easily run a year or so without improving a jot. We had a strange 5 mins at Pittodrie that has masked the truth so far.

Murty was inexperienced but still managed to deliver a performance at the piggery as he understood their strengths and weaknesses and how to stifle and frustrate.

Pedro now needs to build a new team which is risky enough with a small budget but learn about the league and how to handle the Scottish game. The 3rd man should have supported this and im not sure we got the right man.

Murty did he or did we just get lucky.Pedro was there he should have learned something??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, OhW said:

@WGOH @K.A.I @Bad Robot @Turnberry18 @The Godfather @KWBear

We knew boys, we knew.

And what about me ?, I have always supported him but asked from day one who was he , what has he done etc etc, then after 2-0 semi showing then the 5-1 humping  last season  at Ibrox that was enough.

I always supported Warburton to the end so I don't easily call for a manager to be sacked like some on here.

But a blind man can see he can't survive this, but he will as he has a 3 year deal when past managers had a 12 month rolling contracts.  Shocking decision to take such a gamble by the board when Harry Rednapp went to Birmingham and said if I don't keep you up then don't pay me.  Him with a number 2 of his choice to take over after 3 seasons and give Harry a sell out crowd at Ibrox against Bournemouth, Portsmouth or Spurs with Harry taking the proceeds.

That would have been my choice all day long as if you dont ask you don't get. ???

The players just didn't look like they had a clue how to play. I was worried about Pedro after a few games when he came in, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

Even after only 1-0 last week, I thought "well it's pre-season, we are going to take time to get up to speed" but we just don't have a style. It looks like Pedro picks 11 players and just sends them out without any instruction.

I'd love to be wrong, but it took 6 years to get back to Europe and we wasted that straight away, which means our co-efficient next year will be just as bad.

I genuinely like some of the players we have brought in, however, Dalcio looks horrendous and needs to be sent back to Benfica B. 

I can't see us getting rid of Pedro, we probably couldn't afford to anyway, but he needs to get this team playing asap.

On 29/04/2017 at 4:00 PM, Rangers_no1 said:

Cringe at the excuses being made for Pedro. A new manager 90% of the time gives the club a lift and a purple patch, certainly not the case here. 

Murty with no managerial experience got much more out of these players.

Manager is not good enough, simple as that, said the same about McCoist. Unfortunately it won't happen, but would much rather a new manager was in place in the summer, because come end of next season we will be stuck with Pedro's signings who I fully expect will turn out not to be good enough.

As for the comparison between today and the 5-1 at the dump, it's no comparison, today is far worse and you need to be off your head to think otherwise.

On 29/04/2017 at 4:01 PM, Ger_onimo said:

Well said.

I'd just like to reiterate... fucking well said.

5 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

The players just didn't look like they had a clue how to play. I was worried about Pedro after a few games when he came in, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

Even after only 1-0 last week, I thought "well it's pre-season, we are going to take time to get up to speed" but we just don't have a style. It looks like Pedro picks 11 players and just sends them out without any instruction.

I'd love to be wrong, but it took 6 years to get back to Europe and we wasted that straight away, which means our co-efficient next year will be just as bad.

I genuinely like some of the players we have brought in, however, Dalcio looks horrendous and needs to be sent back to Benfica B. 

I can't see us getting rid of Pedro, we probably couldn't afford to anyway, but he needs to get this team playing asap.

He needs to go today, imposter, tactically clueless. Needs chased pronto, he's bad for the club and the dressing room.  I don't want to see this 4-3-3 shite. Get him

and his tactics to fuck. 

As much as Pedro does assume full responsibility for that shit show last night, the effort and application displayed by a large number of those players, imo, was a complete joke until their second goal went in. At least then they all looked interested and half of them could give a fuck when it looked like we were being punted out.

Fucking disgraceful all round.

On 29/04/2017 at 6:21 PM, Ger_onimo said:

The way I see it, I really can't be fucked to be having this conversation next January, so we might as well have it now. Not one fucking person thought this was a good appointment and all the evidence so far has backed that up. We will have to pay him for his full contract regardless if he goes now, in a year or sees it out. The board have made a big mistake and should rectify it now. Why waste yet another fucking season, and transfer budget, when we all know deep down that this is not going to work.

And why do people keep saying he "deserves" a chance to get it right? Sorry, but he deserves nothing apart from all the money in the contract our board gave him. The only people who "deserve" anything is the fans, who deserve a half decent football team to watch. Why people want to risk our club slipping further into obscurity because some random cunt from Portugal who nobody ever heard of has fluked his way into a job is beyond me.

So is everyone pleased that we gave him a relatively massive transfer budget before agreeing he's a total dud? Because the main thing is that he was given a "chance" which is only "fair", right? Our worst ever result is a price worth paying to be "fair" to a random Portuguese guy, right?